• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

My fear

But that's the post office plan. As one who's been a knowledge base for managers in our offices, I can absolutely positively and totally confirm that most of their plans that come from their bosses are set ups to fail. Their is NO win. It's a matter of failing the least. And when telecon or zoom comes, others have failed more miserably so they escape the wrath, and they have to sit through the boss hammering their fellow PM's and supervisors.
Does this style work? My mind forgot . don't need to work. Bad vibes travel far.

I think and hope at some point the scales start tipping back toward the carrier and not the bottom dollar. You see it all around us with other businesses offering more and more to new employees.

As far as people being hurt it has all ready happened. It will always Happen given the job duties, but it does not need to happen as often as it does. there is really no one but each one of us who has safety in mind. I personally have slowed way way down for my own safety. It means I work longer and later but in a safer way. I also have the one saving grace of after 40 hrs I am hourly regs do not have that.

the biggest part that bothers me is how much each and every office is totally different then another. How one manager can make or break a PO. with no incentive to be Better as a PM, supervisor etc.
I was thinking the previous poster meant getting hurt was in reference to going postal...oops my mistake?

I was thinking the previous poster meant getting hurt was in reference to going postal...oops my mistake?
I don’t have the issues within my office OP was pointing out. But we do have enough regs and subs city and rural side out on medical due to injuries. So I couldn’t speak on the other point.

None of us know what other carriers are going through and my take on Sinisterminister’s statement is what type violent action someone may take towards someone else. I’ve walked out of office and stated undo stress caused by PM. Talked to Counselor and she told me how many postal employees she’s seeing and they all say same thing. Counselor is just flabbergasted at what is told It’s hard for my generation to just pick up and change jobs. Most have done for over 25 years. These new generations change jobs like we change underwear ( if you wear. had to find laughter). I’ve come to understanding they are trying to get the older knowledgeable carriers OUT and replace with robot minions who don’t know contract and only want a paycheck and will do as demanded without threat of grievance. I too have slowed down drastically. Drive enjoying scenery, spend time talking to loyal customers, and walking out if they piss me off!! We are our own best mental health counselor. Take care all. Know you are not alone.
This is very true, the experienced carriers in my office are seen as trouble makers for trying to make management follow the rules. The newer carriers just do whatever and don’t bother or even care about knowing the rules. If they can get the experienced carriers out that are most likely on table one pay then it’s a win win for them… mindless idiots for cheaper pay.

This is very true, the experienced carriers in my office are seen as trouble makers for trying to make management follow the rules. The newer carriers just do whatever and don’t bother or even care about knowing the rules. If they can get the experienced carriers out that are most likely on table one pay then it’s a win win for them… mindless idiots for cheaper pay.
That idiot word ain't too nice.

Back