NBCDU question

charlie

JMO… I believe our mileage will be based on our actual driven mileage as recorded by our scanner & delivery points that are recorded. I also believe that the parking points for door-delivery of parcels & the door delivery points only give the footage for credit of walking distance At the time of the delivery.
I do not believe that we’ll receive credit for more mileage than we are actually driving. I do not believe the mileage of mail-delivery park-point to a door-delivery park-point will be calculated for each delivery to the door as that would create more mileage than actually driven. Again, JMHO
ok.... walk to the houses...and back and to the next one... so you miss cut off-just doing your job...

Oi veh.

Staff member
I think they had to do that because when they were viewing during the mapping they were noticing that nobody stops at stops signs we all just kind of roll through!
exactly. one whole second.

whereas people actually following traffic laws, instead of trying to look good to the boss and/or beat eval, would have benefited all of us.

i wish rural carriers understood the whole concept of hurting your brothers and sisters nationwide.

Jacob6875

I was wondering this also.

I have a bunch of duplexes on my route where doors are like 10-20ft apart. So if I have packages for both I carry them up together and scan them at each door.

Should I be walking back to the LLV for each house or am I screwing myself ?

Same with CBUs I will walk packages around to each apartment after delivering the mail. Should I walk back to the CBU each time ?

Voglio-il mio

I was wondering this also.

I have a bunch of duplexes on my route where doors are like 10-20ft apart. So if I have packages for both I carry them up together and scan them at each door.

Should I be walking back to the LLV for each house or am I screwing myself ?

Same with CBUs I will walk packages around to each apartment after delivering the mail. Should I walk back to the CBU each time ?
When you do mapping it asks where your parking spot is when delivering to the door, so as long as you do as you are saying I would assume that the distance from parking spot to each door would be awarded for each scan. But as I've been saying over and over if we have a RRECS Count school all these and many more questions could be addressed!

Jacob6875

When you do mapping it asks where your parking spot is when delivering to the door, so as long as you do as you are saying I would assume that the distance from parking spot to each door would be awarded for each scan. But as I've been saying over and over if we have a RRECS Count school all these and many more questions could be addressed!
It is a bit frustrating how we have had no training at all.

We have been doing the study for 3-4 years it seems like with no real guidelines. All I know is that I have to do clock in /out depart / return to office and start and load vehicle or I get in trouble because those scans are "required" everyday. Postmaster has said he doesn't care when they are done just they have to be each day.

That is the extent of my "official training" on the study over the last 3-4 years.

Obviously I have picked up what I am supposed to do in places such as here but most carriers are not that serious about it I am sure.

WestCoastRural

I think they had to do that because when they were viewing during the mapping they were noticing that nobody stops at stops signs we all just kind of roll through!
Didn’t they notice that during beta testing prior implementation in 2015? Or they didn’t do any and that’s why we have all these issues. I guess the engineers are stumped to Old Fart’s questions.