Need grievance help

Wsopgal

I am pursuing several grievances. I am a novice in this area. What i need is how to make out the question part.

1. Management bullying carrier causing the carrier a breakdown and a hospital trip

2. Management fails to pay sick leave.

3. Management refusing to have rca carriers acquire a vehicle for POV routes and supplying them with LLV while forcing others to use POV.

4. Harassing carrier constantly including removing them from schedule (PTF).

If I can think of more I will ask about that.

Also, is it illegal to take a picture of manager during harrassment?

Thanks. Y'all are the bestest.

btdtret

Wsopgal -- "I am pursuing several grievances. I am a novice in this area. What i need is how to make out the question part. "

-- Are you the office steward? If not, get in touch with your Assistant District Representative if your office doesn't have a steward.

-- The NRLCA gets touchy when non-steward personnel get involved in the grievance process.

1. The bullied carrier would have to file grievance(s).
2. Whomever was short changed will have to file. Provide pay stub.
3. Anyone affected should file for disparate treatment.
4. Whomever was harrassed and or removed from the schedule should file. ( removed from the work schedule or took a "string" route away from the PTF? )

-- Until then, "Did the supervisor / manager violate the national agreement / USPS policy by____________ the carrier?"

"Also, is it illegal to take a picture of manager during harassment? "

-- Unfortunately, yes - if inside the PO. However, if outside the building, film away. Now if you happen to have a cell phone in your pocket to record audio ( depends on your state's rule for recording conversations )......

-- Time to look for a different post office?

HardearnedTan

Staff member
Mgmt bullying and harassing could be combined into one grievance, "is mgmt. creating a hostile work environment?
The pay issue would be a separate topic, separate grievance, such as "has mgmt. failed to follow the contract when it did not allow me to use sick leave on....?
THe varied treatment regarding vehicles again is a separate topic, separate grievance, disparate treatment. "did mgmt. apply the rules of the contract differently toward me than it does to others when it...?"

after the question you pose, it will be the steward's job to check into your complaint and develop a grievance.

bdtret was typing at the same time as I was, and giving you good advice.

Tank

I am pursuing several grievances. I am a novice in this area. What i need is how to make out the question part.

1. Management bullying carrier causing the carrier a breakdown and a hospital trip

2. Management fails to pay sick leave.

3. Management refusing to have rca carriers acquire a vehicle for POV routes and supplying them with LLV while forcing others to use POV.

4. Harassing carrier constantly including removing them from schedule (PTF).

If I can think of more I will ask about that.

Also, is it illegal to take a picture of manager during harrassment?

Thanks. Y'all are the bestest.
Wow, if I didn't know better I'd say this happened recently in my office. Actually, I don't know better or not, so it may be.

Wsopgal

@Wsopgal - you don't need to be versed in the contract. The stew will take care of that further on in the form.

You just worry about the first 4 items. See examples in item 4:

Ok, so I was forced out by supervisor because I said I was stressed over their inaction to discipline an employee who uttered a threat. Actually protected them. I put in several days of sick leave. Current supervisor put sick time in for my pay. This other harassing supervisor took it out (was the paycheck right before Christmas. ) they are saying I did not have the word "incapacitated " on my doctors not....so is not going to pay me. My point is that supervisors keep saying they are trying to figure out how to pay me...but almost 40 days has passed since incident. They still say "trying to fix it". Is it too late?

Oi veh.

Staff member
Oh my goodness. No, not too late because it has been ongoing.

File that sucker tomorrow. If stupe won't sign, no problem. Just send on up to stew with that noted. I'd also contact the DR tomorrow and give a head's up.

w2e2w2e

As for LLV and POV, if a regular carrier on a route has an assigned LLV. The PO cannot take it away, they may ask to borrow it, but cannot tell you. Cant remember the reference, but again your DR will.

The_Postal_Void

"Confined to bed rest" has always been an acceptable alternative to "incapacitated" in our office. It sounds like they'd still try to give you problems in your situation though. I believe I read elsewhere that you said your note communicated you were under doctor's care. By chance did that care prescribe bed rest?

Rt2mailman

There are HIPA laws that protect sick people from their employers knowing why they are sick. You could have aids, diarrhea, or anything else that there is no reason to explain to an employer. If your manager believes that you are off for an "unsatisfactory" reason, he needs to take it up with the physician giving the excuse, (possibly another HIPA violation). Some sicknesses do not "incapacitate" but for whatever reason you couldn't work that day.
On top of all said above, rural carriers are granted leave in FULL days. Whether you are seeing a Dr. for a 15 minute visit to make sure you are over a previous illness or whatever you must take off the entire day. That also goes for a visit to get a required Dr. note that I would charge (the Dr. visit price) to your manager.