New contract

gotstamps

I think since our employer had the option to count added during last contract we should opt for a count option in the new contract. Also have rrecs implemented this year or be paid hourly no vote from any of us, not doing this unpaid crap any longer.
The September option has been there for many contracts, not a new idea. A lot of offices would disagree with going hourly, especially mine. Too many carriers getting done in 5 hours or less. They are already going to have a fit when they see their route after RRECS. 😳

Bleostic

We didn't have an option to count this past contract, but our employer did. Anyway vote how you want to vote. They won't be getting mine unless it has in it what I and other overburdened carriers are looking for.

gerl2

The September option has been there for many contracts, not a new idea. A lot of offices would disagree with going hourly, especially mine. Too many carriers getting done in 5 hours or less. They are already going to have a fit when they see their route after RRECS. 😳
Perchance were you one of the stations that had Amazon on your last count and now have very little Amazon? We have a few in our area like this, it's like every station is a little different. We have another station that just gets the bigs from Amazon. Just down the road from this station they still get Amazon.

Haychica

I think since our employer had the option to count added during last contract we should opt for a count option in the new contract. Also have rrecs implemented this year or be paid hourly no vote from any of us, not doing this unpaid crap any longer.
if we we don't get compensated for the covid volume work we already did, there needs to be a mass exodus out of the union..its the only thing they understand.imo

gotstamps

Perchance were you one of the stations that had Amazon on your last count and now have very little Amazon? We have a few in our area like this, it's like every station is a little different. We have another station that just gets the bigs from Amazon. Just down the road from this station they still get Amazon.
Nope. We’ve had Amazon from the beginning. Too many years ago to remember & counted in every Contract-planned count.

Surprise!

My understanding is that mail counts were supposed to be on a level playing field. If the Postal Service has the right to implement a National Mail Count in September we should also have had that right.

Windindaface

If we demanded every contract an "all in" National Count. Would not those cost expenditures for a National count be passed onto the Association?

JS.. You got to rob Peter to pay Paul.

I mean... As a general reference, prior to Covidmas, both full time routes in my office took about 6.5-7 hours a day to complete with swift, competent carriers. One got a count in September for being 46+, the other didn't due to being 45 seasonal at the time. One works roughly 20 hours a week less than the other now.

Just saying.

gotstamps

the MACHINE has the power to count any route anytime they can fudge the numbers special count can be triggered
Not true. It’s ALL or Special for September counts. Special is ONLY those that qualify & still, if not a change in 2 hours or more, nothing changes.
Contract counts (not in this past one) are ALL or Opt-out by mgmt choice.

Old Fart

I think they absolutely will have to make sure RCA's are taken care of. Too many other opportunities out there with less stress and wear and tear on the body. I don't think anyone signed up to be a furniture delivery service.
I don't expect RCA's to get much more than what's offered them now in the new contract. The "word" is that anything more is far too costly for the PO and our union won't even bring that up at the sessions.

Oh...hey...did your union person ask you what was important to you in the contract? Me either...I actually tried to input info but was told they already had everything in place to negotiate, no need for any input from carriers.