NEW Detailed RRECS Mail Count Guide

DB.Cooper

Just wonderin'... other than @C$$ efforts... does the NRLCA have a special task force developing a replacement for our current mail count guides????

I mean, we have pages and pages of detailed explanations for each time standard, and even suggestions on how to maximize our time credits under the current system...

Shouldn't we be seeing something similar from the NRLCA on the new RRECS????

Just wonderin'??? 🤔

Or, are they too busy dealing with more important issues... like the Jeanie's sick leave??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

btdtret

DB.Cooper et al -- "So there will be no sort of "guide" for carriers that explains the time standards, and how we are to check and verify them for accuracy regarding our evaluations??? "

-- Appears carriers will have to depend on C$$ to be a guide to RRECS.

"how we are to check and verify them for accuracy regarding our evaluations??? ""\

-- With manglement involved, there should be no uncertainty in the need to check and verifty.

-- Because you can be certain there will be a need to check and verifty!

DB.Cooper

I'm just saying that the current system has quite a bit of documentation, available to carriers, to explain how our evaluations are determined.... will we not have that with RRECS... it'll just be... bada bing, here's your new eval... see you Saturday.... :oops:

btdtret

DB.Cooper et al -- " with RRECS... it'll just be... bada bing, here's your new eval... see you Saturday." And Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and...."

Windindaface

I for one seriously doubt RRECS will be implemented under this current contract. The 52 week digitization thing for starters. Sure they are tracking us now but this contract is late and expires soon.

Anyway if one is worried and is aware of the RRECS results should be running their routes NOW as if it was in effect. One should be proactive now. Get customers to move their mailbox to the other side of the road now if you Deadhead past them now. Stop at every box if on hold if you case all or not and take scannable items with you for these locations to stuff the LLV or POV leading to potential 2nd trips. If you are given Accountables for FWDS/UTF/IA make sure you scan them first before giving them back to the clerk. Scan everything as individual items if multiple items are involved. Stop turning on RED it might result in a yield credit since individual plotting is going away. ETC...

RRECS gave us some time credits for now. Up to us to decipher and make our time credit gains for now by showing a baseline so they can't come back at a later date and claim past practice.

DB.Cooper

I for one seriously doubt RRECS will be implemented under this current contract. The 52 week digitization thing for starters. Sure they are tracking us now but this contract is late and expires soon.

Anyway if one is worried and is aware of the RRECS results should be running their routes NOW as if it was in effect. One should be proactive now. Get customers to move their mailbox to the other side of the road now if you Deadhead past them now. Stop at every box if on hold if you case all or not and take scannable items with you for these locations to stuff the LLV or POV leading to potential 2nd trips. If you are given Accountables for FWDS/UTF/IA make sure you scan them first before giving them back to the clerk. Scan everything as individual items if multiple items are involved. Stop turning on RED it might result in a yield credit since individual plotting is going away. ETC...

RRECS gave us some time credits for now. Up to us to decipher and make our time credit gains for now by showing a baseline so they can't come back at a later date and claim past practice.
What's your advice to those who will retire in 3 years or less??? Fogetaboutit.... :unsure:

PastOThirty

I have a feeling those on career cruise control will finish about where they are now, but the employer will figure out a way to constrain costs again, and stick it to the table 2/4 people in a big way, and our union will oblige them.

DB.Cooper

I have a feeling those on career cruise control will finish about where they are now, but the employer will figure out a way to constrain costs again, and stick it to the table 2/4 people in a big way, and our union will oblige them.
That "fix" for Table 2 was about the best bait and switch I've ever seen... those peeps are all still YEARS from hitting Steps 14 & 15... the USPS will rob them of WAY more $$$ before they ever get there... nice head-fake tho... :rolleyes: