• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

NEW DPS STANDARDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTG

I’m new to this forum but am a 12 year veteran rural carrier. I’ve been reading on here how everyone believes that the new RRECS time standards for DPS will be 86 ppm but you are not reading the information correctly. We will be getting .0294 per piece to case in office. The engineering study was conducted with carriers being timed to case the mail as I was one of said carriers involved in this particular aspect of the study. The 86 ppm is allotted for us to verify on the route as we deliver. So, those of us who use an LLV will actually make out better per piece than the old standards. Those of us who use a POV will slightly lose a little. ALL DPS IS DOUBLE RUN which is what’s stated in the column next to DPS letters. I hope this clears things up for a lot of you. We made out better.. 86ppm would be ludicrous!!

I'm new here today, and I've been reading about this for the past hour. Thanks for the clarification. If I'm understanding you correctly, carriers will still be given .0294, or nearly three seconds, for casing DPS? The 86 ppm, or about 2/3 of a second, is for verifying at delivery. If carriers case their mail, the delivery verification appears to be ample, as we typically verify the first piece only, and this is additional time over what we're getting currently. Correct? I ask you as you indicate you're one of the pilot carriers, so you might have better insight of fact. Thank you.

As you were on the pilot do you also know about scanner breadcrumbs? The current MDD, not Zebra, does not have the ability to determine exactly where the parcel was delivered -- the tolerances are within 10 meters at best. So how do they collect breadcrumbs on inaccurate information? I've looked at parcel delivery maps and best is the center of the street of the residence. We often have maps of parcels being "delivered" on adjacent streets because the scanner's technology isn't such that it can pinpoint delivery.

Duplicate of this post.

Let's shut this one down before the incorrect information spreads again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back