• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

New Evaluations every 6 Months

Don't know how this is patently inferior to counting once a year, or once every 3 years.

When somehow, trailers magically appeared in P&DC parking lots that union officials weren't allowed to look at, PARS labels stopped printing, UPS and FedEx disappeared, and DPS was cleaner than a hypochondriac's tissue box slippers.

There's a lot less room for active shenanigans under RRECS. Just baked in shenanigans. I'd rather have the shenanigans I know, than the shenanigans I don't.

I am not having difficulties. I was trying to be funny, but I guess it didn't translate. I am just cracking up at how long of an explanation it took to put it out there.
Good job.
My sub glazes over when I try to explain any of this. I always get a deer in headlights with a smile kind of look.
I know it doesn't resonate with him. 🤷‍♀️.
Maybe I don't explain it right.
This reply is for your last 4 sentences...I 100000% agree! We have tried explaining to our subs for 2 years the importance of scans (OUR PAY) yet it does NO GOOD! One of our carriers in my office asked his latest new sub was they trained at academy about RRECS scans...they said they was just TOLD about them NOT TRAINED! In all reality it isnt there fault-they have ALOT to learn and deal with being new and I know and remember when I first started many years ago. However whether academy trains them, regular carrier, mgmt or whomever they simply ARE NOT doing the scans! As I have said countless times that is the BIGGEST flaw of the entire system, any time a route is covered by a sub or anyone other than the REGULAR carrier IMO it SHOULD not count towards the data pay and evaluation of that route!!!

This reply is for your last 4 sentences...I 100000% agree! We have tried explaining to our subs for 2 years the importance of scans (OUR PAY) yet it does NO GOOD! One of our carriers in my office asked his latest new sub was they trained at academy about RRECS scans...they said they was just TOLD about them NOT TRAINED! In all reality it isnt there fault-they have ALOT to learn and deal with being new and I know and remember when I first started many years ago. However whether academy trains them, regular carrier, mgmt or whomever they simply ARE NOT doing the scans! As I have said countless times that is the BIGGEST flaw of the entire system, any time a route is covered by a sub or anyone other than the REGULAR carrier IMO it SHOULD not count towards the data pay and evaluation of that route!!!
New academy does cover all the scans and when they should be used. It’s very vague training when it comes to unscannable parcels the rest is pretty straightforward. Issue being in academy if you remember a ton of info is thrown out there in a very very short time. No way can you retain let alone remember half of it.

Bottom line you have tried to help subs remember and do them. That’s all anyone can ask for they will get it or not, do it or not. Gentle reminders and little pushes may help, but don’t go tyrannical about it. Ask for day prior rrecs scans when you get back from relief day. Do it in the morning on load time so if they missed a boxholder. Point it out to management and ask if you can input it today.

There is a copy of the scan cheat sheet taped up in EVERY vehicle in our office so anyone who has a question about a task, duty, event, etc. can refer to it for clarification.
i have one taped to my case and have printed several for sub.

to no avail.

if someone doesn't care, he/she doesn't. care.

It is frustrating when "supervisors" are ineffective in their ability to interpret RRECS. We(carriers) have a job to do, we shouldn't be required on top of that Job, to constantly be keeping track of RADAR reports and our routes being properly handled on our N/S days. This RRECS system was poorly planned, prematurely implemented and horribly flawed.

Back