• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

New Evaluations

We all have to think about that before taking a ton of time off. If you do, well don't complain because the rca's don't do it like you do. You know it, even other regulars would sometimes love to hurt another carriers evaluation.
We earn the time and should be able to take it off without fear or concern of our salary being reduced in the future because someone else isn't doing what they should be doing. If their work decides your pay then their pay should be reduced by the same amount. My sub has realized this as his pay got cut in half when I dropped from a 43k to a 43j after the first mms. Hopefully it goes back up this time as the first 6 months drop off.

And that's true of regular carriers, as well, btw, as baffling as that seems. There are A LOT of regular rural carriers who can't be bothered with RRECS and only do enough to stay out of trouble with their boss.
Which is a really good reason to review whether this system is worth keeping knowing the difficulties in correct participation of PAY.

Our subs get done in record undertime.
Might this be a problem trying to get them a raise during these negotiations. They are getting paid for hours not performed.
I guess we will see.

Do they view our undertime as a raise we give ourselves? šŸ˜
Or do they view it as a means to lessen our standards?
They don't like the undertime. They feel it is an unfair advantage against the usps. Nrlca keeps giving up rural contract items little by little to keep the " incentive system." At a certain point, it becomes more of an albatross around their neck. I have been a Loud, vocal supporter of rural going to hourly( last 2 contracts )or at least the ability choose hourly the first 2 years of career status and anyone over 50. Looking at spreadsheet numbers, the evaluated system now works for less than 50% of the craft. It's a dying system and it's getting harder to defend or profit from it.

If you were on a route that was gaining every six months you would like it. Why is your route losing every six months? It should be the case that you and you sub should be getting better and better at playing this Rrecs game.
If you are checking the scans everyday, even when you are off, and going over things with your sub nothing should be missing. If you notice consecutively low load times like I did, first explain how and why we scan our load times to your sub, and then tell your supervisor to check their load times. If itā€™s still way to low file a grievance for management not properly training and forcing the RCAs to load and record loading properly. On my route 15 minutes is as fast as anyone can load, yet I was seeing 2 minutes for load times. After correcting my sub that load times start as she heads out to the vehicle and ends after putting empty equipment away, her load times went up to 15 minutes to 30 minutes per day. After I checked mine #ā€™s I checked the whole office and corrected management for not noticing/correcting RCAs in load times , EOS times, and low unscanned parcel scans. Now our office is ā€œgetting itā€. If you donā€™t scan it, you donā€™t get paid for it. Both RCAs and management now understand the growth of the routes eventually helps them. RCAs get the help through higher evaluations because they will inherit the worst and lowest evaluated route eventually. Management will gain/keep supervisors based in the continued growth of the office. Office management now realizes that squeezing blood out of carriers to look good to upper managers is only good if they are planning to move to a different office. If staying at their current office, it is best to build that office and the routes, because that way the employees will stay there and the staffing of the office is that much easier.
So far my experience with Rrecs has yielded me a higher evaluation each mms. However, I still donā€™t like my salary changing every six months! There is always a possibility that I can be shorted somewhere leading to a lower eval and having to wait months for a resolution dispute with no back pay!

USPS views it more as an hourly program at headquarters level.
which is why rurals should have started viewing it that way the minute RRECs reared its head.
Thatā€™s understandable. They off course would try to bring the payment as close to hourly as possible
so glad i have been demonstrating my ability.

hoping that i see some sort of real change before retirement. otherwise, imma gone a bitter old woman. (not really. just seemed like a good storming off door slam...)

So far my experience with Rrecs has yielded me a higher evaluation each mms. However, I still donā€™t like my salary changing every six months! There is always a possibility that I can be shorted somewhere leading to a lower eval and having to wait months for a resolution dispute with no back pay!
So far Iā€™ve heard of very few disputes coming out in favor of the carrier. Mostly due to all evidence/documentation has to be gathered and provided by the carrier. Carriers canā€™t request info as easily nor do they know exactly what information to request as stewards know, therefore almost every dispute is denied for lack of evidence.
After carriers realize this, they respond by gaining evaluation where they can, unscanned parcels, additional trips to door, loading and EOS times. It does eventually balance, but most of the problems of lower evaluations stem from improper or no mapping being done.
If carriers are increasing their evaluations itā€™s only been able to get done after the mini counts because the Usps had NO PROGRAM in place to allow ANY INCREASES on any rural route in the country, until now. That is the reason why they couldnā€™t cut overburdened routes and why they couldnā€™t add to substandard routes, and why they now will be adjusting routes after this outcome of new evaluations on 3-30-24.
After this, routes should gain or loose evaluation with each (one hour) change as in the previous system.

We all have to think about that before taking a ton of time off. If you do, well don't complain because the rca's don't do it like you do. You know it, even other regulars would sometimes love to hurt another carriers evaluation.
Who do you work with or are you just self projecting ur own paranoia ???..no reg in my 35 years has ever sabotaged another reg.
There was a cca that was evil, we've had lazy employees, but to infer rhat it's intentional is crazy...I feel sorry for you if u work with people like that ; I would change my stars immediately.

Who do you work with or are you just self projecting ur own paranoia ???..no reg in my 35 years has ever sabotaged another reg.
There was a cca that was evil, we've had lazy employees, but to infer rhat it's intentional is crazy...I feel sorry for you if u work with people like that ; I would change my stars immediately.
I've seen it--when I was an RCA, the regulars in my office would never discuss what days they were taking off or going on vacation--just normal, conversation stuff-- because other regulars would then put in leave requests for those days to block them. Sounds crazy, but I saw it in action and it definitely happened.

And when RRECS first started, the carrier who worked next to me turned the volume on his scanner very low, so other carriers would not hear him when he entered WSS, so that wouldn't alert them to enter it, too. He has since moved into management :rolleyes:

And one of the enormous problems with RRECS (I think, at least) is carriers who are close to retiring or bidding on other routes or moving into other positions who just stop doing the RRECS entries to mess with the evaluation.

And the number of carriers who have contacted me over the years who want to file "grievances" against other carriers--it was crazy. And all the sweetheart deals that I've found out about over the years (and those are just the ones I found out about!)--in my experience, there are way more carriers ready and willing to screw over their fellow carriers for their own benefit and even just for the hell of it.

If your office isn't like this, then you are very, very fortunate.

I've seen it--when I was an RCA, the regulars in my office would never discuss what days they were taking off or going on vacation--just normal, conversation stuff-- because other regulars would then put in leave requests for those days to block them. Sounds crazy, but I saw it in action and it definitely happened.

And when RRECS first started, the carrier who worked next to me turned the volume on his scanner very low, so other carriers would not hear him when he entered WSS, so that wouldn't alert them to enter it, too. He has since moved into management :rolleyes:

And one of the enormous problems with RRECS (I think, at least) is carriers who are close to retiring or bidding on other routes or moving into other positions who just stop doing the RRECS entries to mess with the evaluation.

And the number of carriers who have contacted me over the years who want to file "grievances" against other carriers--it was crazy. And all the sweetheart deals that I've found out about over the years (and those are just the ones I found out about!)--in my experience, there are way more carriers ready and willing to screw over their fellow carriers for their own benefit and even just for the hell of it.

when rrecs turned my old route from 43k to 444h, I transferred to a route that went from 45 k to 42j. Knowing the rca that had worked it for the last year didnt care about anything. He also wanted the 43j route, but was third in line in senority. I really think he didnt do any scan he didnt have to, didnt take any more to the door than he had to, just generally left the route to die. 9 months later im at a 41k. Im not sure I can get it much above a 42k, but it sure would have been nice to be there before I transferred. Meanwhile, the 44h I was on went to 42j last mms. and back to 44h this mms. But that carrier has health problems which i believe impact his willingness to take packages to the door. Which is another subject. My health in some ways can determine my pay.

I wonder if they thought of this when they were engineering RRECS. That people are often nasty, competitive, petty and jealous. We have arguments often on the workroom floor.

its true, Just look at the reports Daily Activity Scans Report at your office, it tells you exactly what employees are assigned to the routes and who isn't recording the data. Its unfortunate but very true they make money hourly and don't care to waste time recording information for rrecs.

If you were on a route that was gaining every six months you would like it. Why is your route losing every six months? It should be the case that you a.
my route is gaining every 6 months but it is also not generating numbers properly.

So when the new evaluation come through they are lower than they are supposed to be. We have to dispute wait 4 months for the dispute to be processed then readjusted. Back pay paid. Just in time for another mini survey and then start the process over. District keeps telling us itā€™s fixed but it isnā€™t so itā€™s a vicious cycle.

A 48k in the office that was still on the chart. Now gained an hour this round. He said his office time was just about an hour less last round. So in retrospect management having us mapping, red books, put equipment away end of the day etc..... increasing office time. Coincidence??

It's all well and good to teach the subs what to do correctly but it's up to them to do it. Some of them really just don't care because "reasons". ( not staying in this job, hate the job, gotta get home, don't like the regular, gotta stay under 40hrs,etc.)
That's why i think the only X day data that should be included in the 12 month average is letter, flat, and parcel volume.

I'd also like them to double the number of pay scales purely on selfish reasons, as I'm "4 minutes" from a 43k, essential a rounding error.

Back