New forum poll

Soo how about this new forum? Do you like it better?

• Yes, like the new forum

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • No, I liked the old one better.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

w2e2w2e

I will let you know in a few weeks.
Can you put up the link to the Paypal again, please.
I want to donate to the site, but can't find the link.

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
I love the new site and I hope we keep it uncluttered with BS. It should be informative where people can ask questions and get the needed answers and knowledge. No ranting and raving and back stabbing. Keep it clean.

DB.Cooper

I noticed there is an "ignore" function now... So, if there is anybody that you do not want to read messages from, then you can simply put that person on "ignore", and then you should not even ever see their posts... hopefully peeps will use this function to help avoid personality conflicts and such... I'm sure we all prefer to get along well, but if there's somebody you prefer to not hear from, simply put them on "ignore", and it's problem solved... easy peasy... (y)

DB.Cooper

I was just trying to tap dance around saying "me"... but... since you brought it up... :rolleyes:... for all those folks who have previously cried about not liking to read my posts... simply click on my name (to the left here) and then click on "ignore"... and then, never again will you have to read any of my posts... how great is that??? :unsure:

DB.Cooper

For some reason I couldn't get my old account to reactivate with the new password reset deal... so I changed from D.B. to DB... sorta like F.I.D.W. going to W.I.D.F... and with that change, I thought I'd go with a new avatar... I saw another one with a guy jumping from a cargo hatch of a commercial airliner... maybe I'll try that one out later... :unsure:

But, I really do like all of the features of the new forum software... and it seems so much smoother than the old setup... (y)

I checked out the ignore feature.
It's not so hot to me. You know that somebody you don't want to hear from has said something, probably something which you would find objectionable. You are protected from knowing just what stupidity that individual has posted. Everyone else isn't.
Since most people that I find most objectionable are fairly easy to anticipate, I have considered simply posting as if they had said what I expect them to say. It could make for interesting reading. I often times have a very fertile imagination.
At least now when I think I am being ignored it might be because I am being ignored.

DB.Cooper

"...You are protected from knowing just what stupidity that individual has posted. Everyone else isn't..."

That's the beauty of individual choice... "Everyone else" is free to use, or not use, the ignore function as well... :whistle:

Here's a thought... along with the "most likes" and so forth, maybe we could also list the "most ignored".... :oops:

U.H.B... I put you on "ignore" and it seemed to me that all evidence that you even existed, disappeared... so how is it that you know somebody on "ignore" is posting something??? I had to go back to the "members" area to "unignore" you to see anything that you posted... :unsure:

Last edited:
When I ignore someone it just blanks out the comment and has the line "you are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content."
But, then again it only seems to be showing the last comment, so maybe it is better than I originally thought.

D.B.Cooper

When I ignore someone it just blanks out the comment and has the line "you are ignoring content by this member. Show ignored content."
But, then again it only seems to be showing the last comment, so maybe it is better than I originally thought.
That's bizarre, because when I put you on ignore, your posts just disappeared, with no indication that there was anything previously there... Made it look like I was talking to myself above (which I sometimes do) :unsure:

It was also indicating last post as by member being ignored. Looking around, the only place it didn't show previous posts by ignored individual was in the thread that I ignored that person in, though still showing the last post sans actual post. Still can't make up my mind that I want to give up the ability to point out absurdity for the ability to avoid the aggravation of reading absurdities. Great feature and look forward to less people having to bypass my posts.

DB.Cooper

Well, when I put you on ignore, I did it in this thread, and your posts disappeared without a trace... it looked like my posts preceding and following your posts just came together, with nothing in between... I didn't check to see what it looked like in other threads...

I was just thinking about some of the peeps who have complained that they didn't like reading certain other peeps posts... this should be a big help for them... simply put the peeps they don't wanna hear from on ignore, and all should be good... sounds good in theory anyways... :rolleyes: