NEW: USPS-NRLCA Joint Rural Contract Administration Manual (RCAM) Now Available

Has me rethinking giving a run for local steward a shot. 🤷‍♂️
Locals are the few who still have some sway in how they deal with a grievance, when they are allowed to handle one. Once it goes to step 2, nss is very particular and annoying to deal with. At step 3, it's even worse on your allowance of control.

I am pleased.
There are RCA non dues paying members in my office. I plan on sharing this with them. I just pray they read it and reference it. I see this as a way to help educate the craft.
I think it is a better read than the contract for newbies, especially when that don't have access to the union website or meetings.

Locals are the few who still have some sway in how they deal with a grievance, when they are allowed to handle one. Once it goes to step 2, nss is very particular and annoying to deal with. At step 3, it's even worse on your allowance of control.
Yeah talking to old steward I got that aspect. Will be something if I choose to peruse I have to work on. I just might have control issues when it comes to grievances 😂. Straight up asked ADR once do you groan when you see my number, got a resounding yes 😂.

I just glanced at the first few pages, but I think it's very helpful as it incorporates a lot of the various documents (Step 4s, MOUs, analyses) that otherwise you would have to seek out elsewhere.

Frankly, I can't understand the criticism, as this will be really helpful to new/local stewards.
That's exactly what I was thinking...
It cuts down a ton of research time and trying to figure out how all the documents read on one particular topic, having it all in one place.....

I just glanced at the first few pages, but I think it's very helpful as it incorporates a lot of the various documents (Step 4s, MOUs, analyses) that otherwise you would have to seek out elsewhere.

Frankly, I can't understand the criticism, as this will be really helpful to new/local stewards.
It cuts down a ton of research time and trying to figure out how all the documents read on one particular topic, having it all in one place.....
I agree it is helpful in many regards, just sad it took this long and no real forward motion.

It's helpful. It's really the same thing as the joint analysis they used to print before they stopped. But, it's still nowhere near the nalc version. Baby steps, I guess.

All -- "NEW: USPS-NRLCA Joint Rural Contract Administration Manual (RCAM) Now Available."

-- Let me get this straight. The RCAM now available is for the 2012-2024 Contract?
Glad I got out of that worthless excuse for a union years ago. The current contract expires in just a few months. They truly are a bunch of clowns. They lie to our faces and tell us how hard they are working for your biweekly dues.

Glad I got out of that worthless excuse for a union years ago. The current contract expires in just a few months. They truly are a bunch of clowns. They lie to our faces and tell us how hard they are working for your biweekly dues.
Well, I'm not sure getting out is necessarily the answer. That does save you money - at the disadvantage of not being able to vote representation or contract. Most people want a say in their environment.

Fortunately, federal law allows for open shop rules. Unfortunately, it also is the slowest negotiator in the USA holding many of the choice cards.

Well, I'm not sure getting out is necessarily the answer. That does save you money - at the disadvantage of not being able to vote representation or contract. Most people want a say in their environment.

Fortunately, federal law allows for open shop rules. Unfortunately, it also is the slowest negotiator in the USA holding many of the choice cards.
I truly understand. Just like people who don’t vote yet always complain about their politicians. For me I see it a little different with our union. It’s like voting for a quick death or a long painful death. Either way it’s no good. So I got out.

I truly understand. Just like people who don’t vote yet always complain about their politicians. For me I see it a little different with our union. It’s like voting for a quick death or a long painful death. Either way it’s no good. So I got out.
It's also about solidarity. We stick together through thick and thin. My husband has an amazing union. They will swarm any member that isn't following the unions mission. They are a true union family.

I begins with the individual bringing with them the intention to become the change they want to see. Where we fail, is the reason I got back on this sight, there is nothing for us out there. There is zero community. What I think needs to happen...
You as an individual will have to band together with your local Co workers. Your union is your office but you have to organize it yourself. I am going to have my 1st "local union meeting" with my all co workers (dues and non dues paying members) soon. They don't know it's a union meeting. I hope they never realize that's what I am doing and we plan another gathering soon. It's forming a bond an exclusive group that has each other's back and defends the contract andvour rights.

It's also about solidarity. We stick together through thick and thin. My husband has an amazing union. They will swarm any member that isn't following the unions mission. They are a true union family.

I begins with the individual bringing with them the intention to become the change they want to see. Where we fail, is the reason I got back on this sight, there is nothing for us out there. There is zero community. What I think needs to happen...
You as an individual will have to band together with your local Co workers. Your union is your office but you have to organize it yourself. I am going to have my 1st "local union meeting" with my all co workers (dues and non dues paying members) soon. They don't know it's a union meeting. I hope they never realize that's what I am doing and we plan another gathering soon. It's forming a bond an exclusive group that has each other's back and defends the contract andvour rights.
Exactly.
The only way management can do what they want, is by having workers who bend over everytime they ask.... it takes knowledge and a uniform front.

Back