• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

? news on contract

The is a county-wide job fair coming up here. Any idea if it is even possible USPS would consider contacting/sending a flyer/anything in regard to something like this? Who would you tell?

Our PM has said they are not allowed to put ads in the local paper, etc. Then, the opening lasts about 4 days hidden online.

The is a county-wide job fair coming up here. Any idea if it is even possible USPS would consider contacting/sending a flyer/anything in regard to something like this? Who would you tell?

Our PM has said they are not allowed to put ads in the local paper, etc. Then, the opening lasts about 4 days hidden online.
He's wrong.

That's part of the conditions for the formula (ads in paper). As are job fairs.

I looked into changing our associate to a real union many years ago, this is the time when we are not under a contract to have this happen. The clicker is trying to find a union that would take us on, they would set up everything that would be kosher to make it happen.

Just need contract negotiators with some back bone and fight!!! They need to quit sugar coating the numbers and be real!!! This new contract will not be any better than previous one’s. RCA is the biggest problem within this organization. Just think about it, maintain RCA for every rte will cut down on OT, injures, call outs, list goes on. Sure, there are a few offices that will say no we don’t want an RCA for every route because then the RCA’s will leave because they’re not getting enough time. But the application clearly states for one relief day or for whenever the carrier requests off. But if you raised the pay for RCA, there you go you will maintain the RCA’s. Back to original statement maintaining RCA’s is the number one problem in this organization.
Do the NRLCA have much remaining to bargain with, or has it already floated down the river?

Let's say the next convention sweeps out 8 of the 9 seats available with energetic, knowledgeable minds that are sincerely dedicated to member interests over their own.

To me, it looks like arbitration would be our train's next stop. I guess we'll see though.

I'm still interested in running, but I realize that all it takes is a few spin doctors (and a cast of NSS employees) that don't like your shirt color and you're toast-y! 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps hold a portion of NRLCA employees pay unless the overall approval ratings were above X% at the end of the association year.
I have seen this posted on this site change the bylaws of the NRLCA to be NO Elected officer can be paid more than 10% than the lowest paid regular in the nation also no Sweet Hart deals for officers leaving the post. This in and of it self will encourage National Officers to fight harder on contracts.

I have seen this posted on this site change the bylaws of the NRLCA to be NO Elected officer can be paid more than 10% than the lowest paid regular in the nation also no Sweet Hart deals for officers leaving the post. This in and of it self will encourage National Officers to fight harder on contracts.
How about something like "The total salary of elected officers will be paid proportionally using the average percentage of leave replacements assigned to regular routes, nationwide, throughout the Association year."

I think it would flop, but may stir some thought.

As far as fighting harder, we don't get any of the bargaining notes or much detail on what goes on.

Considering what peanuts we have to counteroffer, they may be tanking or slaying. How could we know either way?

Though it can be a sign, an unsatisfactory contract isn't necessarily the mark of bad negotiations. Sometimes, the other side just has 40 or 50 upper-hands.

Then again, it could just be a good ol' boys party with a bunch of thieves dodging their comeuppance through a clever pen.

I wounder how much our National Leaders really make?

I did not think of it as being a terribly large amount of money until I understood, they have no expenses. No housing, paid $50 day for food. Do they pay for their own personal transportation while on duty? Until then I assumed they had to pay for two house holds out of this income. One in their original state and one in Virginia

So, seriously, what would be the eventual plan? All fun to overthrow the union and all but if the same resistances are met with the USPS all would be for naught. The dog finally catching the car so to speak.

Another avenue for pressure and one we really cannot explore (??) is...

IME the American public has no idea that the USPS entry level jobs are worse than those at Walmart in many ways. They look at the hourly wage and assume everyone is getting hours, making bank and is set for life. This is also obvious when so people apply- they think the RCA positionis career.

For some there's a strong living wage movement afoot. A simple infographic of RCA stats- how understaffed the position is, hours actually worked, average hours that would have been worked if fully staffed, etc., might get some traction and pull from the masses. They paid for it with their delayed packages this holiday season, is it something they really want?

So, seriously, what would be the eventual plan? All fun to overthrow the union and all but if the same resistances are met with the USPS all would be for naught. The dog finally catching the car so to speak.

Another avenue for pressure and one we really cannot explore (??) is...

IME the American public has no idea that the USPS entry level jobs are worse than those at Walmart in many ways. They look at the hourly wage and assume everyone is getting hours, making bank and is set for life. This is also obvious when so people apply- they think the RCA positionis career.

For some there's a strong living wage movement afoot. A simple infographic of RCA stats- how understaffed the position is, hours actually worked, average hours that would have been worked if fully staffed, etc., might get some traction and pull from the masses. They paid for it with their delayed packages this holiday season, is it something they really want?
And their 5 day first class letters now....if anyone still gets any.

Back