• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

No check!! ?

New RCA here and should’ve received my first check last Friday 6-26 but nope that didn’t happen. Paystub shows $0.00 and my direct deposit was $0.00 ??. Talked to my PO and they said it was delayed because I wasn’t in the system to submit my time and that I would get paid. Well fast forward and it’s Tuesday and still NO check. Anyone gone through this before or have any idea what I can do? After being laid off almost 3 months because of the COVID mess I can’t exactly afford driving all over creation for almost a month now with zero money.

Add to the dilemma that my car wasn’t big enough to deliver out of so I had to purchase another vehicle last week and I’m pretty much screwed while I wait and hope like hell my check comes sooner rather than later. Still shows a stub online for $0.00 when I just checked ?

I will ask them again. I’ve made it pretty clear that either I get some money or they have to put me in an LLV until it comes in because I just can’t afford gas until I get paid. I’m so glad that I found this forum because you definitely don’t get many answers at the office or when you do they may all be different ?
Ask your PM for a pay advance. Then ask them what the status is for your pay adjustment.

New RCA here and should’ve received my first check last Friday 6-26 but nope that didn’t happen. Paystub shows $0.00 and my direct deposit was $0.00 ??. Talked to my PO and they said it was delayed because I wasn’t in the system to submit my time and that I would get paid. Well fast forward and it’s Tuesday and still NO check. Anyone gone through this before or have any idea what I can do? After being laid off almost 3 months because of the COVID mess I can’t exactly afford driving all over creation for almost a month now with zero money.

Add to the dilemma that my car wasn’t big enough to deliver out of so I had to purchase another vehicle last week and I’m pretty much screwed while I wait and hope like hell my check comes sooner rather than later. Still shows a stub online for $0.00 when I just checked ?

When I was first hired, they gave me no checks for the first three pay periods.
I didn't find out about the advance until I spoke to other carriers.
(My feckless bosses didn't volunteer the information. Don't you LOVE how they think you can live on air, while you're putting out money to run your own vehicle!)

These "mistakes" seemed to get fixed a lot faster once you get the pay advanced to you.

They view it as you having their money once you get the advance. Once you're paid, you write them a check for the amount they advanced to you. Believe me, at that point they'll take a sudden interest in your paycheck.

I'm sorry that happened to you and management did not help you.
Your boss is unprofessional.

It will catch up but a check just doesnt appear. It should be within the next 2 pay periods. That's just how long it takes the post office. It will be included with another pay period. An advance is only 65% without mileage. It equals your pay after taxes they figure.

Crzyruralgrl -- " New RCA here and should’ve received my first check last Friday 6-26 but nope that didn’t happen. Paystub shows $0.00 and my direct deposit was $0.00."

-- That $00.00 certainly creates a vacuum!

-- When pay issues arise, get in touch with your Assistant District Representative ( ADR ) even if you have an office steward.

" Talked to my PO and they said it was delayed because I wasn’t in the system to submit my time and that I would get paid. "

-- May or may not be true. Manglement enters pay data into the computer - so they were unaware you were assigned and working at your post office? Did you ask specifically when you would be paid?

-- On manglement's side, Covid-19 has messed up a lot of things.

" Add to the dilemma that my car wasn’t big enough to deliver out of so I had to purchase another vehicle last week ."

-- Did manglement give you a direct order to get a large vehicle? What was your original delivery vehicle? Any other POV routes directed to get a larger vehicle?

-- Section 141.2 of the PO-603: Your personal vehicle must be large enough to accommodate the NORMAL MAIL VOLUME and constructed to to protect the mail from loss or damage.

- Politely ask manglement just what entails "normal mail volume" ( these days ).

- In the meantime, ask your regular for a copy of the last 4241-M and or 4241. That will give an average for the number of parcel during mail count, which can sometimes considered by manglement as the "normal mail volume". Hopefully you and the regular have been noting the number of parcels on the 4240 on a daily basis.

-- Any LLV routes in your office? Are they making second trips? If so, has the USPS arranged to get larger vehicles for those routes? If not - a long-shot grievance could be for disparate treatment.

"I’ve made it pretty clear that either I get some money or they have to put me in an LLV until it comes in."

-- Unfortunately that could also mean that manglement will just not schedule you until some money begins to flow in from somewhere.

-- Good luck.

-- As noted by others, manglement has the means get you an Employee Emergency Salary Issuance. Tell the PM to look in handbook F-21, Section 23.3. Hint that the PM might also want to check the Postmaster/Field Guide ( for things he may be unaware of ).

-- Unfortunately, USPS pay checks don't get generated every day - just every two weeks.

-- The $00.00 pay check may also mess up you TSP contribution as well as rural carrier related insurances.

-- As "RDRuckus" mentioned, once you get an advance, the USPS wants it back, like yesterday so will be taking a greater interest in the accuracy of your pay check. Of course that means special attention to the person entering you pay data - your PM!

-- Have you checked into the unemployment office in your neck of the woods for possible benefits?

I've had managers try to fob me off over the years when pay issues arose.

Boss said, "It's only $xxx.xxx, that can't be a problem for you!"
Yes, they really said that to me.
I told them, if you think that's no inconvenience, open your wallet and give me $xxx.xxx right now. Don't worry, boss, I'll repay you as soon as my pay is fixed. Ha!

Well I went in and talked to the PM today and asked for a pay advance and was told they can’t do that on the first check and that I have to wait for my check to come in. I’m pretty much screwed since I’ve been off work since March and also waiting on unemployment to process and pay the back pay. They looked at something on the computer and said the check was approved and processed but hadn’t arrived yet.

I’m just holding on by a thread praying that something happens soon and they don’t actually expect me to wait until the next pay period.

As for the vehicle that I had before this one. It was a regular sized 4 door sedan and I have a friend that runs fine out of a car the same size at a different PO. I never interviewed with anyone so they didn’t see my vehicle until after I had gone through training and showed up at the PO for my shadow day. The route I’m on does have an insane amount of packages at the moment though. I am honestly glad that I went ahead and got another vehicle because I definitely needed more room to move around in than what my car has. At least now I can fit all the packages for the route in 1 trip instead of having to make 2 especially since I’m not yet getting money coming in so all the gas I can save is much needed at the moment. The back seats in the van all fold into the floor so I have the entire back area open for packages and that makes a ton of difference and the doors automatically open so that saves my shoulder that I had surgery on several years ago since I’m not having to open and close the door manually 100+ times.

Hopefully something goes through sooner rather than later and I get my check ????

Well I went in and talked to the PM today and asked for a pay advance and was told they can’t do that on the first check and that I have to wait for my check to come in. I’m pretty much screwed since I’ve been off work since March and also waiting on unemployment to process and pay the back pay. They looked at something on the computer and said the check was approved and processed but hadn’t arrived yet.

I’m just holding on by a thread praying that something happens soon and they don’t actually expect me to wait until the next pay period.

As for the vehicle that I had before this one. It was a regular sized 4 door sedan and I have a friend that runs fine out of a car the same size at a different PO. I never interviewed with anyone so they didn’t see my vehicle until after I had gone through training and showed up at the PO for my shadow day. The route I’m on does have an insane amount of packages at the moment though. I am honestly glad that I went ahead and got another vehicle because I definitely needed more room to move around in than what my car has. At least now I can fit all the packages for the route in 1 trip instead of having to make 2 especially since I’m not yet getting money coming in so all the gas I can save is much needed at the moment. The back seats in the van all fold into the floor so I have the entire back area open for packages and that makes a ton of difference and the doors automatically open so that saves my shoulder that I had surgery on several years ago since I’m not having to open and close the door manually 100+ times.

Hopefully something goes through sooner rather than later and I get my check ????
He is full of sh......it. Call your DR and get your stupidvisor a free education.

Absolute lie. Call your union rep asap.

The USPS does not like management messing and cheating on payroll.

It is grounds for dismissal.

Lesson #1 if your Postmasters mouth is moving it most likely is a lie. Talk to your Seward, ADR or DR they will make things happen and get you money!

Just an update for y’all. I finally made some progress, I guess they got tired of me bugging the crap out of them so they told me they’ll have a money order for me tomorrow when I go, they had already closed when I made it back from the route today. I’m new and super slow trying to learn the routes and the funky driving ?. Sure keeping my fingers crossed that happens ??

Ok I need HELP! Here it is almost payday AGAIN and I still do NOT have my check from last pay period and NO advance. I was hopeful to get the advance but then was told no because the check was already processing and couldn’t be stopped. I’ve been patient, I’ve waited and hoped it would be corrected but as of yesterday they said it was still processing (last week they said it was processed) I’m getting nowhere and come Friday rent is due and I’m already a week late on it. People aren’t very understanding when you keep telling them that you work for USPS and are still waiting on your check from 6-26! I don’t have a steward in our office, I don’t know how to even begin to fix this but I need help and I need it yesterday. I spent an hour calling all the numbers I have and the closest I got was to accounting for a recording to tell me a supervisor had to call. I gave them the number and as far as I know nothings been done. I need my money and I need it by Friday so any advice where to go or who to call would really be appreciated ????

Back