• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

No direct deposit

Haychica

So today I'm handed a check. I'm thinking its the settlement from my grievance...nope after 30 years of direct deposit, my super hands me my PAY check...after I paid all my bills yesterday ...it showed up on lite blue .?!..why would I think anything differently?..
He just shrugs and walks away...this will be a nightmare...
Anyone else have this happen?..any suggestions?.id really like to call a lawyer...

As long as they paid you, you have no legal beef. If they delayed payment perhaps.
Sucks but, that is why you check your account before bill paying.

So today I'm handed a check. I'm thinking its the settlement from my grievance...nope after 30 years of direct deposit, my super hands me my PAY check...after I paid all my bills yesterday ...it showed up on lite blue .?!..why would I think anything differently?..
Anyone else have this happen?..any suggestions?.id really like to call a lawyer...
Happened to me awhile back. No reason given. It was my largest check ever. Lots of OT.
Too big for mobile deposit too.
Drove to my bank's ATM and deposited.

As long as they paid you, you have no legal beef. If they delayed payment perhaps.
If it showed up on lite blue..............what a bunch of nonsense. Hay may not have a legal beef but she sure as heck has a moral one.

My check shows up as pending on my online credit union checking acct Tuesday before payday.

This is disgusting.

Call your bank explain...maybe checks won't reach your account until Monday? Even efts may take 2 days now.

It was delayed by a day
If I'd have gotten it Friday I wouldn't have paid my bills
Besides..they knew before Friday it wasn't direct deposited so why wasn't I told?
And I check lite blue..it was there.. Why would it be pulled?

This is disgusting.

Call your bank explain...maybe checks won't reach your account until Monday? Even efts may take 2 days now.
I just said the same thing to my super..I told him ill come in Monday but leaving at 830 to go to bank..hopefully they'll deposit it as cash...SMH
He said it came on Thursday!???and no one said anything...AND...mine was the only one...hmmmmmm

Happened to me awhile back. No reason given. It was my largest check ever. Lots of OT.
Too big for mobile deposit too.
Drove to my bank's ATM and deposited.
Ok...that helps a little...this check was full of ot & my largest ever as well...i get that...what I don't get is why I wasn't given my check when it came in on Thursday?grrr...or at least informed that my direct deposit didn't go through ..and why not until Saturday...if I had known Friday, I would've made arrangements
Worked Sunday, holiday, and 2 k days..code 5...???

Last edited:
EXACTLY my point..why wasn't I given that check Thursday when it came in???
First off , not your fault.
I always look at my deductions when I check my stub on Liteblue. The check that didn't get deposited for me said net pay (paper check) under deductions instead of net pay ( net to bank).

First off , not your fault.
I always look at my deductions when I check my stub on Liteblue. The check that didn't get deposited for me said net pay (paper check) under deductions instead of net pay ( net to bank).
Yup...just looked at mine..it says:
Pull check-net to bank
Wth?ya know...I think you're right..esp if they're looking at gross pay

It does sound like it was kicked back at Eagan for verification. Sometimes they do that when it exceeds your average. My Christmas check last year was paper. It had about 40 hours of ot and worked Christmas holiday. Definitely something for us all to remember with them asking regulars to work as rcas everyday.
I have never understood why a delayed payment by payroll ends up as a papercheck. They potentially delay payment with a papercheck, then potentially delay again with printing and sending a papercheck. It doesn't sound like the most efficient system.

It was delayed by a day
If I'd have gotten it Friday I wouldn't have paid my bills
Besides..they knew before Friday it wasn't direct deposited so why wasn't I told?
And I check lite blue..it was there.. Why would it be pulled?
I check my bank. Liteblue isn't always available for payroll viewing. I know my bank is accurate. They usually post it as pending for deposit on a date.

Ok...that helps a little...this check was full of ot & my largest ever as well...i get that...what I don't get is why I wasn't given my check when it came in on Thursday?grrr
Worked Sunday, holiday, and 2 k days..code 5...???
They are not suppose to hand out checks until friday, that way they cannot be cashed until then. Other than someone forgetting on friday I have no excuse. I've never done direct deposit with the post office. Over my 26 years I have heard nothing but horror stories.....money not deposited, to the big data breach involving bank accounts about 10 years ago. I will never give them access to my bank account we all no how well everything else is handled (lol).

It does sound like it was kicked back at Eagan for verification. Sometimes they do that when it exceeds your average. My Christmas check last year was paper. It had about 40 hours of ot and worked Christmas holiday. Definitely something for us all to remember with them asking regulars to work as rcas everyday.
I have never understood why a delayed payment by payroll ends up as a papercheck. They potentially delay payment with a papercheck, then potentially delay again with printing and sending a papercheck. It doesn't sound like the most efficient system.
I admit I'm not current on this, but as of a couple of years ago, any employee who worked 80 hours in a week automatically got paper check from Eagan, as it's a check and balance against fraud or massive errors by time keeper entry. The threshold for paper checks may have been decreased recently.

Hate to admit, but as an RCA I received those over 80 hours a week more often than I want to recall.

The position that you have been placed in is totally unexceptable! Has anybody offered an explanation as to why it happened?

I can remember when a similar situation happened to me many. many years ago. To be honest it was a mess to clean up, although many of my creditors, after I made a phone call to them were willing to delay deposit of my payments for a day or two to avoid bouncing my payment causing me additional fees.

Shortly after that I changed banks and have been with that bank ever since. I changed banks because the new bank (my current) offers overdraft protection!

I also have a savings and checking account with this bank that allows me to transfer funds easy and quickly.

But the bottom line is that the USPS shouldn't have placed you in this situation to have to deal with this!

Back