• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

No packages in mailbox

I use those cards sometimes when peeps keep giving back mail saying so and so doesn't live here.... okay, so tell me who DOES live here....

Since the option was listed on the delivery instruction card, I just assumed that was a valid option, card or no card....

I also am a believer in the, this ain't Burger King philosophy.... you get it OUR way, or you don't get the.... :oops:?‍♂️?
These cards are obsolete. No credit for keeping these Instruction cards on file. What carrier or RCA looks for an instruction card for each parcel? That's why we have a universal delivery method as in the 603 and M38.

mwellis32 -- " What carrier or RCA looks for an instruction card for each parcel? That's why we have a universal delivery method as in the 603 and M38."

-- So NASA will be calling the USPS if it needs to get a part to Mars for the latest rover?

Customer don’t want packages in the box? I agree with you, it takes almost the same amount of time to scan the item, write up the peach slip, then scan the peach slip, as it does to just walk it to the door..... me personally, I’d scan it “customer hold” in office. No peach slip write up required....
is this the correct way? I don’t know, but my route wasn’t counted for me to write up umpteen peach slips because some moron customer don’t want packages in the box. Those peach slips don’t magically fill them selves out, and it DOES take several seconds to write one up.
the customer knows what’s coming. They told you to not deliver it? “Customer hold” it is in my book. Give it to the clerk with “s/a (scan attempted) today’s date” written on it, and let them figure out what to do with it.
I don’t have customers that don’t want them put in box, but I do have MANY that don’t want me bringing them to the door.
And that is exactally what I do.
and I’d do it in your situation to.

im NOT walking packages that’ll fit in the box to the door.
let the customer drive to the po to get their packages. I’d actually LOVE this customer.....it sure is safer scanning it in office than on scanning on the road!!!

These cards are obsolete. No credit for keeping these Instruction cards on file. What carrier or RCA looks for an instruction card for each parcel? That's why we have a universal delivery method as in the 603 and M38.
"...To avoid delay and to assure prompt delivery of all mail, please complete this form and return it to your carrier. Enter the name of each person who may receive mail at your address in the ten spaces provided below. ..."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAD&usg=AOvVaw18lllLlXVyEVEL2ZiV0LF_

Carrier leave if no response is another.
"....
What location options are available with Delivery Instructions?

You can request that your eligible mailpiece be left at the following locations options if the item does not fit in your mailbox:

• Front Door
  • Back Door
  • Side Door
  • In/At Mailbox
  • On the Porch
  • Neighbor [address required - must be on the same street, ZIP Code, and delivery route as your address]
  • Garage
  • Other [additional instructions required]...."
https://faq.usps.com/s/article/USPS-Delivery-Instructions-The-Basics

A customer on my route wants all packages taken to the door even if they fit in the mailbox. I did this for a few months because the previous carrier did it. Well, considering all the long days I'm putting in, I would rather not. I put a package in their box and they were upset. They want me to write up everything for pick up at the office now. But writing up packages might take just as much time as taking it to the door ?. ? What do you think?
You get paid to put it in the box. Period. What they want or do with it is after the fact.

"....

You can request that your eligible mailpiece be left at the following locations options if the item does not fit in your mailbox:

• Front Door
  • Back Door
  • Side Door
  • In/At Mailbox
  • On the Porch
  • Neighbor [address required - must be on the same street, ZIP Code, and delivery route as your address]
  • Garage
These are all choices for parcels that don't fit in the mailbox, on an obsolete form. Oh well!

Last edited:
"....

• Front Door
  • Back Door
  • Side Door
  • In/At Mailbox
  • On the Porch
  • Garage
So who is going to remember where so and so wants their parcels when there is 600 so and so's and 300 parcels to deliver? RCA 1, RCA 2 ,Me ? I'm over 55 can't remember a damn thing! If people had a mailbox large enough they wouldn't be looking all over and around the house for their freaking parcels!

And the carrier is supposed to keep up with 600 to 1000 customers delivery options? I don't carry around a file cabinet full of every customers delivery location instructions when delivering!
The customers can go online nowadays, and enter specific delivery instructions for any parcel they have a tracking number for.... I've gotten some of them.... they print them off at the PO and give them to you in the morning..... sadly, some of them are for items that fit in the mailbox, but they ask for front door delivery.... I leave them in the mailbox if they fit there.... I think lazy peeps just want them brought to the front door so they don't have to go to the mailbox.....

What is it and why should I use it?

With USPS Delivery Instructions service, you--the addressee/intended recipient--can specify and authorize how certain incoming shipments and mailpieces are to be delivered, BEFORE they are delivered.

Once you set up Instructions electronically, items can be left at a specific location at your address, your Post Office, or even at a different domestic address – all options are listed online. If the mail item is eligible, you can even upgrade the mail class and/or add Extra Services.

NOTE
: To see all Delivery Instructions setup options – free AND paid – be sure to access Delivery Instructions through your USPS.com account.

The customers can go online nowadays, and enter specific delivery instructions for any parcel they have a tracking number for.... I've gotten some of them.... they print them off at the PO and give them to you in the morning..... sadly, some of them are for items that fit in the mailbox, but they ask for front door delivery.... I leave them in the mailbox if they fit there.... I think lazy peeps just want them brought to the front door so they don't have to go to the mailbox.....

What is it and why should I use it?

With USPS Delivery Instructions service, you--the addressee/intended recipient--can specify and authorize how certain incoming shipments and mailpieces are to be delivered, BEFORE they are delivered.

Once you set up Instructions electronically, items can be left at a specific location at your address, your Post Office, or even at a different domestic address – all options are listed online. If the mail item is eligible, you can even upgrade the mail class and/or add Extra Services.

NOTE
: To see all Delivery Instructions setup options – free AND paid – be sure to access Delivery Instructions through your USPS.com account.

I get these all the time on one Of the routes I sub on. It’s a trailer park and people mainly do not want packages brought to door. If no room in parcel lockers Notice left in box and have to bring it back to PO. Then they call that day and ask for re delivery the next day ?‍♂️.

Customer can request all they want for parcel delivery service. If it fits in box it's not my problem since you the customer are unaware of how us Rural carriers are paid.
Usually when they hand me one of those, I say it'll probably end up fitting in the box.... I'm usually right.... just another ridiculous thing they've created.... if it didn't fit in the box, it would've went to the porch anyways.... :unsure: ?‍♂️?

Back