No RRECS rumor...

Windindaface

Best answers
Chatted to ADR about my injury situation and correct paperwork and other options I should look into...

Chat turned to my RRECS mapping issue and implementation. Was told new PMG thinks our current time standards are fair where they are and wants a hard count.

ADR was laughing about it and the possible $'s wasted which is nothing new.

psd181

Best answers
I have a feeling the new PMG believes the lies from other managers about our pay. And the volume down lie also. If we count in Sept, most will gain 4 hours if amazon office. But then again, we know how amazon diverts parcels during count periods.

WestCoastRural

Best answers
WOW.... I couldn’t believe it. 😮 What is this world coming to! 😱 I actually agreed with Louie regarding time standard being fair.

Edge

Best answers
We definitely do not want the rrecs standards.

I wonder though if actual mail volume will return to pre-covid levels. In my office letters are way lower than the usual summer lull and flats are way down for all routes.

Sure parcels are above average for all days of the week and can spike to hundreds more scans some days here.

Still even with the parcel increase we don’t get enough time with the current standards. So if we have a count in sept and regular mail doesn’t come back by then, including like certs and things which are way down as well, will anyone really benefit from it? I doubt this will be over by sept.

I know you want credit for the parcels I would too. I don’t think it would be in our best interest to have a national count with irregular volume and covid cases rising in 30 plus states. I would hope someone in the union higher ups wouldn’t allow to have one in these circumstances. Some routes that are close to busting and get a lot regardless would do fair but I think most routes would stay stagnant or possibly even lose time.

Until the parcel time standard is corrected to a realistic credit we will get screwed either way.

FrozenToes

Best answers
We definitely do not want the rrecs standards.

I wonder though if actual mail volume will return to pre-covid levels. In my office letters are way lower than the usual summer lull and flats are way down for all routes.

Sure parcels are above average for all days of the week and can spike to hundreds more scans some days here.

Still even with the parcel increase we don’t get enough time with the current standards. So if we have a count in sept and regular mail doesn’t come back by then, including like certs and things which are way down as well, will anyone really benefit from it? I doubt this will be over by sept.

I know you want credit for the parcels I would too. I don’t think it would be in our best interest to have a national count with irregular volume and covid cases rising in 30 plus states. I would hope someone in the union higher ups wouldn’t allow to have one in these circumstances. Some routes that are close to busting and get a lot regardless would do fair but I think most routes would stay stagnant or possibly even lose time.

Until the parcel time standard is corrected to a realistic credit we will get screwed either way.
Agreed. Also, how many of those parcels will be credited as flats? China packet= letter.
I was always told the money is in miles and flats. ( under the current system)

PastOThirty

Best answers
Agreed. Also, how many of those parcels will be credited as flats? China packet= letter.
And when you have neither flats or miles, but just stacks of dps trays, pedestal after pedestal of new or newish developments stuffed in cbus, and mountainous piles of parcels?

ArgyllSocks

Best answers
Yeah... My mail is back up and parcels stayed high. Already seeing a good amount of political mail. They'd have to be crazy to count us now. Or Amazon has expanded their operations in more areas than I thought?

psd181

Best answers
L routes that have mailboxes and aren't all cluster boxes will gain under new system. Drive time will go from 30 mph down to around 10 mph. I was just on one of those for a few months. 550 mailboxes 200 cluster and 39 miles. That route will gain almost 10 hours of drive time. Plus the 150 parcels it got a day prior to covid (60 on mailcount) would add another 4 or 5 hours. Then you subtract the other parts of RRECS and route would still gain at least 8 hours. Route I was on prior, 700 boxes and 70 miles. Avg of 500 feet between boxes. So it would add 6 hours (going from memory) drive time and then another 2 hours for parcels (pre covid #'s).

If you don't like new system, you are probably on a route with 100 miles and 400 or fewer boxes where you drive 50 mph between most boxes.

marked

Best answers
They come in my spur tub and have a scan (I do every single one). They're not a letter.

FrozenToes

Best answers
They come in my spur tub and have a scan (I do every single one). They're not a letter.
Yeah, because how you receive an item determines it's count credit. Could be plenty of flats in a parcel hamper.
Letters in tubs of flats.( from plant)
If you get the credit, good for you.

Last edited:

WestCoastRural

Best answers
Letters, Flats, and parcels are differentiated in size, dimensions, and weight. If not all letters are parcels.
And we have a ruler for size and dimensions.