NRLCA and USPS Sign MOU Allowing Regular Carriers to Work Their Designated Holiday on Monday, May 25, 2020

Voglio-il mio

What geographical area. Here in the northeast we can't hire anyone! I'm in a good office. Just no subs to be had. Or ccas for that matter
I'm in the Northeast!

We are the only office that I know of in our area that is fully staffed. We have an excellent reputation as a good place to learn and work, we have lost some RCA's to other offices but seem to be able to replace them fairly quickly!

It sounds like you either have a higher cost of living area and people can't afford to work few hours or management needs practice hiring and screening applicants.

Twingrlie

We are fully staffed in my office, an RCA for every route and 2 ARC's for Amazon Days. We Regular Carriers insure things run smooth, do not back stab each other, and look out for each other. Our RCA's are well taken care of and protected from management by us. We also work together with management to come to an equitable agreement when correcting misinterpretation of the contract.

Than there are other offices that Regular Carriers back stab, slander and insures routes evaluations are reduced when carriers are struggling. They also abuse and belittle RCA's and make their live's a living hell on top of what Management piles on them. In these offices grievances are filed just for the sake of filing them instead of working them out at step one!

So tell me which type of office do you work in?
So does your office have like ten routes? I’m in an office with 45......

Old Fart

Just once, before I bail on this popsicle stand, I'd like to see an MOU that says mgmt will mandate every EAS employee at an office to carry prior to forcing in a" volunteer" craft on a holiday. EAS gets every freaking holiday off because they steal carriers ( shorting coverage) to work as 204b position so the EAS don't have to have to be there for the fun day.
How about REQUIRING EAS employees to carry a route for two consecutive weeks each year? That may suddenly make them aware how absurd some of their "requests" are.

Old Fart

I'm in the Northeast!

We are the only office that I know of in our area that is fully staffed. We have an excellent reputation as a good place to learn and work, we have lost some RCA's to other offices but seem to be able to replace them fairly quickly!

It sounds like you either have a higher cost of living area and people can't afford to work few hours or management needs practice hiring and screening applicants.
I'm lucky. Good staffing. Good management (until the dice roll again.....) and about the easiest jobs in the post office. Good clerks, LLV routes so we don't have to stress over payments and repairs. Great carriers and RCA's, willing to pitch in.

I've worked in other offices where it's been a nightmare, so having seen that in person, I'm thankful for what we have now.

mwellis32

Why would I want to work my ass off on a HOLIDAY for these fools when I have to every day of the week? I'm tired of being a postal worker, Amazon worker, UPS worker, FedEx worker and getting shit on by our union and management for no MORE PAY!

TheDude

Our only truck has been late by approx 2 hours everyday since the middle of March, it SUCKS.
Lucky you. Our office has 3 morning trucks. Two drop off parcels, one drops off mail. The two parcel trucks are late every day.

Why do we have two parcel trucks for an office with one J Route, one Aux Route and about 100 PO Boxes?

the one where manglement sits in the office and watches espn in there office, even one would come to work in his pajamas and they just sit around and bs and not hire because of this or that. One of our regulars requested a sub and the super told her she didn't do the proper paperwork etc. Jesus ive never had a job this stressful

TheDude

Lucky you. Our office has 3 morning trucks. Two drop off parcels, one drops off mail. The two parcel trucks are late every day.

Why do we have two parcel trucks for an office with one J Route, one Aux Route and about 100 PO Boxes?
I should clarify on the two parcel trucks being late. They are late 90% of the time. However, their arrival times are scheduled AFTER my departure time. Even if they are on time, they arrive after I am scheduled to leave. I have been ordered to return every single day to pick up parcels to remedy this scheduling snafu.....that has been going on for 5 years.

Old Fart

Our parcel plant is five days behind on sorting and delivery to offices, so we get a "late" truck every day, which with a little planning, we can manage to keep our work flowing and still get out at a decent hour. One key -- clerks who really bust it when the late truck comes in. We appreciate them, and we help each other (no, not cross craft, but by staying out of each other's way, not asking stupid questions while they're trying to slam the sort). Routes are running 200-300 scans a day each.

We don't have day off conflicts as the RCA's want a full time schedule, and the regulars work together so their time off requests don't overlap too severely. We aren't a formula office, and our RCA's are trained on multiple routes, and regulars are consistent with leaving hot forwards for them before they work their route. Yeah, we all work together. No slackers. All hard workers. And management (THIS crew) is thankful it's all working smoothly. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, because the next dictator who comes in will change everything that works so well and replace it with stupid inefficient commands!!