NRLCA: UPS Partners with USPS on 7-Day Pickup and Delivery

Ruralinfo

Administrator
Staff member
UPS is set to begin seven-day delivery beginning January 1, 2020. Along with taking further advantage of its own network, UPS will collaborate with the Postal Service to offer Sunday delivery services. “I can tell you that I personally got...

Continue reading...

btdtret

Ruralinfo et al -- Oh, that's just great!! Now they have added PICK-UP's on Sundays.

“I can tell you that I personally got a commitment from the top USPS that they understand our requirements and the needs of our customers and their outflows are committed to work with us to make sure that this is going to be a very successful offering,” UPS CEO David Abney told investors during a July 24 earnings call."

-- The USPS might understand the requirments of the UPS and the needs of UPS customers, but will the USPS be able to supply the RCA's and ARC's needed to make Sunday deliveries - as well as pick-up's?

-- Is the USPS working on updating the RRECS to reflect additional UPS pick-up's? (probably not, as they have yet to be told of this new requirement )

-- Or simply say: "It's built-in. Trust us!"

-- Could this lead to another MOU which allows regular carriers to deliver Sunday parcels -- year-round?

-- More than likely rural carriers will be run into the ground, then manglement can take up the slack. ( yeah, right!! LOL!! )

-- For anyone lining up outside the door for a job at the post office, watch out!! There could be a mass exodus of rural personnel headed for the exit door!

-- FedEx going to 7-day delivery in May [ 2020 ]. Great -- more room in the NGDV's ( if they are ever built and distributed )!

-- As far as the NGDV "projections":

- back in 2016, Fox News reported production of the selected vehicle was scheduled to begin in 2018.

- An article in the NALC's "The Postal Record" November 2017 issue mentioned "first vehicles will begin being deployed to delivery units between January and March 2020.

- A posting from a state news letter [ aka rag ] in May 2019 mentioned the first NGDV won't be rolling of the production line until 2025. ( maybe RRECS will be in place by then. )

BigGreenie

Ruralinfo et al -- Oh, that's just great!! Now they have added PICK-UP's on Sundays.

“I can tell you that I personally got a commitment from the top USPS that they understand our requirements and the needs of our customers and their outflows are committed to work with us to make sure that this is going to be a very successful offering,” UPS CEO David Abney told investors during a July 24 earnings call."

-- The USPS might understand the requirments of the UPS and the needs of UPS customers, but will the USPS be able to supply the RCA's and ARC's needed to make Sunday deliveries - as well as pick-up's?

-- Is the USPS working on updating the RRECS to reflect additional UPS pick-up's? (probably not, as they have yet to be told of this new requirement )

-- Or simply say: "It's built-in. Trust us!"

-- Could this lead to another MOU which allows regular carriers to deliver Sunday parcels -- year-round?

-- More than likely rural carriers will be run into the ground, then manglement can take up the slack. ( yeah, right!! LOL!! )

-- For anyone lining up outside the door for a job at the post office, watch out!! There could be a mass exodus of rural personnel headed for the exit door!

-- FedEx going to 7-day delivery in May [ 2020 ]. Great -- more room in the NGDV's ( if they are ever built and distributed )!

-- As far as the NGDV "projections":

- back in 2016, Fox News reported production of the selected vehicle was scheduled to begin in 2018.

- An article in the NALC's "The Postal Record" November 2017 issue mentioned "first vehicles will begin being deployed to delivery units between January and March 2020.

- A posting from a state news letter [ aka rag ] in May 2019 mentioned the first NGDV won't be rolling of the production line until 2025. ( maybe RRECS will be in place by then. )
How long can USPS put off purchasing new vehicles for a fleet of truck that is well passed its end date? The answer is: as long as it takes to see what will happen to USPS in the future. Don't back up, don't have a preventable accident...trucks probably won't be replaced any time soon.

Lindam

UPS is set to begin seven-day delivery beginning January 1, 2020. Along with taking further advantage of its own network, UPS will collaborate with the Postal Service to offer Sunday delivery services. “I can tell you that I personally got...

Continue reading...
My office will begin delivering FEDEX this Sunday, 9/1. Not just FEDEX AMAZON, but regular FEDEX.
Now you know why no natl count...

Lindam

Fedex dumps Amazon at our office everyday. Now we will be delivering reg fedex on sundays. No idea the impact until it happens. Fedex is dropping all amazon as of 8/31.