odds

gotstamps

august 08, 2022.. supe,stup and pm have heard nothing about due dates for foms, due dates for ride alongs, zip notta nothing
about mailcount 33 days and counting.. beginning to have doubts, what say you?
Well, since the PO put out a “hurry up & get cuts done before we say no more”, I’m more inclined to believe that the Survey is happening. The Growth Coordinators in my District were scrambling to get these done in 1 day a couple of weeks ago. Right after, the Union shared that letter from the PO about not cutting routes until after October due to the Survey. My mgmt has been harping on the 6 mandatory RRECS scans everyday as my subs don’t understand how to handle split-routes with RRECS.
We shall see, though.

KDM

August 13,2022: so, 22 days of business, to mail count, anybody hear/feel/sense/smell a count coming? deadline for this that or the other thing? anybody measuring? mailcount schools? clerks complaining about having to count? cannot help but believe, that this is being kicked down the road again...
PM told me today that they have count training scheduled for him and the clerk on the computer

Casca

August 13,2022: so, 22 days of business, to mail count, anybody hear/feel/sense/smell a count coming? deadline for this that or the other thing? anybody measuring? mailcount schools? clerks complaining about having to count? cannot help but believe, that this is being kicked down the road again...
My PM has heard absolutely zip, nada. She asked me today if I’ve heard anything or if the nonUnion has said anything. This is pretty ridiculous. I mean, I know there isn’t a lot that is in this “survey”, but there’s still enough we can messed over on, or left out of totally. Distance measurements and end of shift counting are a couple.

Gotrope

Well, since the PO put out a “hurry up & get cuts done before we say no more”, I’m more inclined to believe that the Survey is happening. The Growth Coordinators in my District were scrambling to get these done in 1 day a couple of weeks ago. Right after, the Union shared that letter from the PO about not cutting routes until after October due to the Survey. My mgmt has been harping on the 6 mandatory RRECS scans everyday as my subs don’t understand how to handle split-routes with RRECS.
We shall see, though.
I would think they would proceed with the count. Judging by informed visibility numbers, it would be in the USPS best interests at this time. Nationwide, residual paper mail has fallen precipitously. Parcels are currently at their lowest volumes in 2 years. Carriers are still working under evaluation in most areas outside of the urban coastal areas. With the lack of true training/ understanding of rrecs among carriers...most are still not doing more than 5-10 minutes return2DU time. Areas where lack of rca coverage( pretty much everywhere now) has necessitated split routes may turn out to favor USPS because of inadequate rca scanner input. If I was a lead mgr, I would absolutely push for implementation after seeing the national numbers. More importantly, covid volumes are gone and recession has dropped advertising and purchasing dollars. The political volumes are small compared to 2016. The midterm mailings won't be included in this count as most don't publish until mid October.

Joe reeser( I believe) made a reference chart for rrecs. It is excellent and I suggest all print it out for your offices. Thread 'List of RRECS Time Standards' List of RRECS Time Standards

Last edited:

FrozenToes

Our Rural Analyst said evaluations go in effect 10/22. :oops:
Isn't it 10/8 ? 🤷‍♂️
From RRECs Implementation MOU 3/31/2022
' All route evaluations will be effective at the beginning of the second full pay period following the completion of the data collection period'

KDM

My PM has heard absolutely zip, nada. She asked me today if I’ve heard anything or if the nonUnion has said anything. This is pretty ridiculous. I mean, I know there isn’t a lot that is in this “survey”, but there’s still enough we can messed over on, or left out of totally. Distance measurements and end of shift counting are a couple.
He received the training notice in an email Friday.

KDM

They haven't mentioned any training for us either. There may be a lot that needs counted since they can not show any correct volumes for flats and parcels. So I don't see how they can have a 52 week average. Looks like same old mail count with a new name and new time standards designed to lower evals.