One of two things has happened.....or maybe more

callofthewild

We have a carrier, that has a Son who works for UPS......just starting this week he has been working very late into the evening.....9/10 o'clock.........the reason why you ask??? His big brown truck has been packed with Amazon..........he said he hasn't had this much Amazon since September of 2017.

So D.B. Cooper and other conspiracy theorist... what is your best guess as to why??? UPS was given a better rate in shipping cost?? USPS has gotten rid of enough Table 1 step 12 rural carriers by dumping huge parcels and huge amounts of parcels and just wearing them out and wearing them down so they are off the roles???

We live in a area that would never make it profitable for Amazon to deliver their own parcels.............most of the routes around here are over 100 miles.

DontTrustTheUnion

We have a carrier, that has a Son who works for UPS......just starting this week he has been working very late into the evening.....9/10 o'clock.........the reason why you ask??? His big brown truck has been packed with Amazon..........he said he hasn't had this much Amazon since September of 2017.

So D.B. Cooper and other conspiracy theorist... what is your best guess as to why??? UPS was given a better rate in shipping cost?? USPS has gotten rid of enough Table 1 step 12 rural carriers by dumping huge parcels and huge amounts of parcels and just wearing them out and wearing them down so they are off the roles???

We live in a area that would never make it profitable for Amazon to deliver their own parcels.............most of the routes around here are over 100 miles.
Your reasons are good ones, perhaps USPS has also seen the impact that Amazon has had on it's fleet of "long life vehicles" lmao...or maybe the amount of table 1's riding the rest of their career's out on disability to escape the mess (dont get me wrong sprinkle some table 2's in that one). Perhaps they have finally seen the light (doubt it) and realized the Trumpster was right when he said Amazon was taking advantage of USPS. .. UPS is a much smarter company in the way it runs its machine. UPS makes money in ways that USPS could and should and chooses not to hense why UPS is actually making money on its Amazon delivery

RDruckus

I thought it was part of load leveling here, so that they have some lighter days with us to use for their "sample."
I seem to be alternating heavy and light days, while, before "digitization" it was all heavy days.
(Yesterday I could only fit half my red-plum-me-nots into my LLV because of the parcel volume.)

Skierstmoritz

The question is, has your amazon volume gone down in conjunction with the rise in ups volume. In our neck of the woods, slow season mind you, we are getting 140- 180 packages every day. It has gone up since last year. I have kept track for 3 years on the 4240. Ups in our area is out til 9. They dont want the ot this time of year! More and more are shopping on line. I believe that accounts for the increase. Every time a house sells on my route, it seems the new owners go online crazy! Hot market! People who never shopped on line before, i am now delivering packages to them. Had 181 today, a wednesday. Im tired!

neciat

I have been saying this around my office AFTER the two year passing of the RRECS deadline of May of 2015. " The USPS is just waiting for Amazon to take over at least half of their own delivery nationwide and THEN we'll see the new system implemented." Our Amazon is through the roof daily with many routes having 180 to 220 scans each day. Not at all uncommon. Me personally, good riddance when Amazon goes. Now, just wait before everyone wails on me and let's look at the numbers. We get 20 seconds in the office and 10 seconds on the street for each parcel. There is 30 seconds right there. Okay, I'll even throw in the scan which is 18 seconds. Should NOT include that because it is for the scan only but for argument sake, I will. Okay, add all that up and you get 48 seconds TOTAL for each parcel and a scan. Think about that for a second. 48 seconds ??? Really ??? Now, you wanna start paying us what we really should be getting for each parcel and I am singing a whole different tune. 10 seconds on the street for a parcel !!! That is 4.4 speed right there. You're starting for any professional team with that kind of speed.

tabletwoblues

I have been saying this around my office AFTER the two year passing of the RRECS deadline of May of 2015. " The USPS is just waiting for Amazon to take over at least half of their own delivery nationwide and THEN we'll see the new system implemented." Our Amazon is through the roof daily with many routes having 180 to 220 scans each day. Not at all uncommon. Me personally, good riddance when Amazon goes. Now, just wait before everyone wails on me and let's look at the numbers. We get 20 seconds in the office and 10 seconds on the street for each parcel. There is 30 seconds right there. Okay, I'll even throw in the scan which is 18 seconds. Should NOT include that because it is for the scan only but for argument sake, I will. Okay, add all that up and you get 48 seconds TOTAL for each parcel and a scan. Think about that for a second. 48 seconds ??? Really ??? Now, you wanna start paying us what we really should be getting for each parcel and I am singing a whole different tune. 10 seconds on the street for a parcel !!! That is 4.4 speed right there. You're starting for any professional team with that kind of speed.
That’s also only for parcels. Don’t forget during a count you have to fight with them over everything. That box of dog food looks like a flat with a scan.

Windindaface

UPS is having hiring and retention problems in this economy. Our REG UPS drop driver here in cow country claims they are down 4 drivers 3 loaders in my area hub. They are working past 9 for the last 2 months along with others. Ca ching on OT, but burning out too.

As to UPS delivering more AZON. I imagine so, they are since more people have dropped the Franklin for Prime and it's other benefits because of todays society of I want it now mentality. If I can get item in two days from web order, opposed to a 3+ day wait for Machine delivery.

I have received 2 years of free Prime because items I have ordered have not arrived by promise date and my complaints. I have now noticed when I order items from them my delivery window is now 3 days unless ordered within the next X mins. It bumps up to 4 days if ordered late Thursday to Saturday morning. So they are wise to true rural area options of delivery.

Hello EBAY, is where I shop now because I am not in a rush to get an item. Cheaper and still State tax free. Azon limited Prime Franklin cost and the alleged benefits of movies which I do not watch is not worth it. If AZON Prime gave me the option of music or movies. Music would be choice.

Crispcracker

UPS is having hiring and retention problems in this economy. Our REG UPS drop driver here in cow country claims they are down 4 drivers 3 loaders in my area hub. They are working past 9 for the last 2 months along with others. Ca ching on OT, but burning out too.

As to UPS delivering more AZON. I imagine so, they are since more people have dropped the Franklin for Prime and it's other benefits because of todays society of I want it now mentality. If I can get item in two days from web order, opposed to a 3+ day wait for Machine delivery.

I have received 2 years of free Prime because items I have ordered have not arrived by promise date and my complaints. I have now noticed when I order items from them my delivery window is now 3 days unless ordered within the next X mins. It bumps up to 4 days if ordered late Thursday to Saturday morning. So they are wise to true rural area options of delivery.

Hello EBAY, is where I shop now because I am not in a rush to get an item. Cheaper and still State tax free. Azon limited Prime Franklin cost and the alleged benefits of movies which I do not watch is not worth it. If AZON Prime gave me the option of music or movies. Music would be choice.
Luv EBay, not run by CIA operatives.

callofthewild

It is kinda crazy....if you think about it...........job retention rates in industries that traditionally were highly sought-after jobs. It seems people are shying away from more physical type jobs. It can't be easy getting in and out of the Big Brown Truck all day long.....kinda like getting in and out of a mail truck all day..........I ask a UPS man how many parcels he delivers on a Average day.........100 to 130..........now add 4 trays of mail...........6 feet of flats......Certified letters and sign for meds.....and a boxholder.......that is my day. I really admire all of you Rural Mail Carriers..........personally UPS could take a few more Amazon off me.

I am sure you all have had a customer come up and ask you how they could get a EASY JOB LIKE YOU HAVE.........those are the people that have no idea what it takes to be a Rural Mail Carrier.

DB.Cooper

I've made a couple of Wal-mart orders lately and it was all delivered by FedEx... and one of the packages was USPS SmartPost, but FedEx didn't drop at PO but rather just delivered it themselves... so, I'm not sure what the best conspiracy theory might be... but, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of conspiracy going on... just sayin'.... :oops:

flash

Amazon is just rampant. My route was cut over 5 hours after last count ( with Amazon). Gave up best section of my route. I get more parcels now than I had during that count.
Me too. And the UPS guy for our area almost every day has to give almost half his rt away... He doesn't know why they don't split it.... Today he had 182 stops with almost 300 miles. Said it would have been closer to 450 miles if not split. We are all drowning in the convenience of shipping,, but hallelujah we have jobs.

I've made a couple of Wal-mart orders lately and it was all delivered by FedEx... and one of the packages was USPS SmartPost, but FedEx didn't drop at PO but rather just delivered it themselves... so, I'm not sure what the best conspiracy theory might be... but, I'm pretty sure there is some sort of conspiracy going on... just sayin'.... :oops:
My best guess is look at the writing on the wall. Route changes are being made left and right. If they can get us to 8 hour routes, they will....atleast on paper. Then no matter how long it takes, all you will see is 8.00 hours. Bank on it. They aren't putting us under the microscope for nothing!