Overburdened route

mfore

My route hit 48 hours in August. They ran the new numbers then and told me it's actually closer to a 49/50, but they cant pay me for it. I was supposed to be cut on 10/24, then pm pushed it to 11/7, and now he is saying it has been pushed again. During this time my route has continued to grow. Is there anything I can do about the route adjustment being changed? I was told they can't pay over the 48 hours. Is there anything I can do?

Last edited:

Twingrlie

My route hit 48 hours in August. They ran the new numbers then and told me it's actually closer to a 49/50, but they cant pay me for it. I was supposed to be cut on 10/24, then pm pushed it to 11/7, and now he is saying it has been pushed again. During this time my route has continued to grow. Is there anything I can do about the route adjustment being changed? I was told they can't pay over the 48 hours. Is there anything I can do?
Yes. Put in writing that you want auxiliary assistance and your route to be cut immediately. The highest we can get paid is for a 48K. Then if denied, grieve it and let your steward start the process. Overburdened routes are entitled to help but only over what the carrier is going over each week in eval. A lot of times management will just take off an hour or two.

PastOThirty

Well, it should be cut, but, if you as the carrier of record wants the work, can with unfailing routine deliver the route and make dispatch except under the most exceptional casds, and actual hours stay outside the danger zone from the employer perspective (12 a day, 56 a week, 2080 a year), they, management and the union can let fat retirement routes alone, especially if it creates operational problems, like an aux route with no carriers to run it, or worse limbo territory that isn’t enough to make an aux or put on another same zip code route.

tldr: can take the pay, or file and do less work ( for less pay)

gotstamps

Well there plenty of route that’s over burden here and there getting paid for them
There is no pay over 48k except for 8127 time. 47 & 48 are supposed to be for interim of getting adjusted down but some mgmt will let it go longer to be able to create an Aux route higher than 12 hrs.

gerl2

Once again more free work for the USPS why doesn't that surprise me