Package assistance

callofthewild

Today I saw something, that can't be right, Regular of 15 years, left about 6 larger parcels, the PM and Clerk wrote them up and scan them to hold. They were never attempted. So, yes it does happen to a select few, the rest of us PEons make second trips. Monty, what would you do????

Rt2mailman

Most likely the routes mentioned above are projected to go over their 2080/2240 and are gettng help for that reason. There is no disparate treatment if those that are "feeling" the "poor" treatment are not in the same/similar projections.

LostinDakota

Help is given to RCAs so they dont quit. It s actually quite desperate for coverage of routes. Also management does not want to sit and wait for the last RCA to finally finish the route each day so that the timekeeping can be done and the clerk/management can go home for the night. Haven't you noticed that when a regular carrier or more is gone for any reason, that 2 or more RCAs will be scheduled to do 1 route. No one gets stuck with evaluated time and each one is paid on a green card in real time. This is actually more fair on routes that are grossly underevaluated because of Amazon. And no, my route does not get package assistance when I am working the route.

FrozenToes

I've seen the Aux carrier deliver parcels for their buddy or spouse. I've seen the Aux carrier deliver a part of his buddie's regular route because the buddy wanted to get home early. I've seen carriers leave parcels out on the dock for customers to pick up because the parcel is too heavy, according to the carrier.
Meanwhile the rest of us do our jobs.

gerl2

I've seen the Aux carrier deliver parcels for their buddy or spouse. I've seen the Aux carrier deliver a part of his buddie's regular route because the buddy wanted to get home early. I've seen carriers leave parcels out on the dock for customers to pick up because the parcel is too heavy, according to the carrier.
Meanwhile the rest of us do our jobs.
Yep seen this happen and tried it myself stating that package is too big and heavy won't fit in my POV. PM said yes it will, I said well such and such always leaves their packages with a slip to pick up why can't I? Well, that ended leave notice theory, it just astounds me how one person can get away with it then another one (ME) does the exact thing and fixes the problem for all. LOL told my friend from another office she used this technique for why her advos were never cased by the sub. They get 4 box holders in a week so she didn't case her box holder one day and management jumped all over her and recited well the sub never cases my advos. That took care of her advo sub-issue. I think management looks the other way for this incompetence yet they don't realize we see and we are watching. No favoritism please what is good for one is good for all.

jtcrapper

first time ever I am getting help who knew working all holidays and days after working half my k days and only getting some AL would put me over for the year and we all thought no subs was a bad thing

Working at the PO is similar to a board game. If you know the rules and keep a copy to the rules available to show others that are not as familiar with the rules or have played the game according to their own rules it makes a difference.

We had carriers that often worked off the clock roll their eyes when the carriers that would not work off the clock received assistance. It is a choice each carrier needs to make. Bend the rules or injure your self trying to make evaluation or take the chance your route maybe cut due to not making evaluation.

Educate yourself prior to a mail count so as to keep your evaluation as high as possible even when management tries to finesse the numbers. Do not skip mail count training or take vacation during mail count and then sit and whine you had a poor count.

@12345 cute, but one thing. Your PM is like the petulant child that must always change the rules until it wins.
I will need to disagree. My PM would follow the correct rules after he was shown the rulebook. Carriers in the office that had no interest in the rulebook did not benefit from the rules like those that knew the rulebook. Too bad so sad for those that did not want to inform themselves of the rules.

charlie

Working at the PO is similar to a board game. If you know the rules and keep a copy to the rules available to show others that are not as familiar with the rules or have played the game according to their own rules it makes a difference.

We had carriers that often worked off the clock roll their eyes when the carriers that would not work off the clock received assistance. It is a choice each carrier needs to make. Bend the rules or injure your self trying to make evaluation or take the chance your route maybe cut due to not making evaluation.

Educate yourself prior to a mail count so as to keep your evaluation as high as possible even when management tries to finesse the numbers. Do not skip mail count training or take vacation during mail count and then sit and whine you had a poor count.

Be knoweldgable.......That's why we started the OIG reports thread... a lot of those reports give you ammunition against idiot managers....And you can scare the pants off them by, every once in a while, just mention that you looked at the oig reports and some of them would clobber our post office or district....Citing one is really good.... Now your super and manager know that, just perhaps, the might not want to screw with you...you know too much.