• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Park points

I’m on the naughty list for having a very large amount of park points farther than 150 feet from delivery door points. It seems that my February route mapping and 4003 finally being submitted after 9 months of lockouts has caught someone’s attention in the 6 digit pay scale. I was involved in the remapping progress and asked numerous times about where I park the vehicle to get out and go to the door. Just to note some of my customers are pretty close to the 1/2 mile limit.
Rules of not pulling into a driveway where putting the vehicle into reverse to exit have somehow changed for RRECS mapping purposes. I can only reason that now that we are getting paid to walk; USPS doesn’t like it. I stated that if no drive thru driveway is present the park point will 99% be at the mail box and therefore may be over 150 feet. I also said I remember numerous safety talks on backing policies and the consequences for ignoring them will more than likely be termination of your employment.
Today‘s conversation of the matter ended with a need for further review of park points for certain addresses and validation from my postmaster for the allowances. I’ll be asking for the decisions in writing for those addresses with adjusted park points and file it under “Get out of Jail Free” card If any have been altered.

I’m on the naughty list for having a very large amount of park points farther than 150 feet from delivery door points. It seems that my February route mapping and 4003 finally being submitted after 9 months of lockouts has caught someone’s attention in the 6 digit pay scale. I was involved in the remapping progress and asked numerous times about where I park the vehicle to get out and go to the door. Just to note some of my customers are pretty close to the 1/2 mile limit.
Rules of not pulling into a driveway where putting the vehicle into reverse to exit have somehow changed for RRECS mapping purposes. I can only reason that now that we are getting paid to walk; USPS doesn’t like it. I stated that if no drive thru driveway is present the park point will 99% be at the mail box and therefore may be over 150 feet. I also said I remember numerous safety talks on backing policies and the consequences for ignoring them will more than likely be termination of your employment.
Today‘s conversation of the matter ended with a need for further review of park points for certain addresses and validation from my postmaster for the allowances. I’ll be asking for the decisions in writing for those addresses with adjusted park points and file it under “Get out of Jail Free” card If any have been altered.

Just remember. SAFETY IS PRIORITY UNTIL IT ADDS TO YOUR PAY!

They might ask about the possibilities of K turns for locations. They have no issues with multiple K turns in driveways if possible.

If you have to touch customers yard to execute the multiple K turns for service. It's a no go. Keep on walking. If they tell you to service locations where you touch the customers yard due to K turn service. Ask them for written wording which states we can drive onto someone's yard for service.

I tried this method of not going down driveways and parking and walking down all my driveways....actually I run if it's not dog food. It took me 3.hours over eval. It's impossible to do our job in eval if we can't do driveways. We are rural carriers not city. Then I found out if you run the scanner thinks your driving anyway.....I say if you can stand it stick up for it. It is what they preach. If rrecs go through they will have to pay it. .........I'm glad I stopped because that's 15hrs a week of free work.....nope not me. I have no more free time to donate to the post office.

Back