• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Pay. For grievance leg work?

RDruckus

Do we get 8127 time for the step one grievance discussion?
For putting our log right after postal inspector mixed it up while making copies?
For filling out forms for grievance?
For faxing 90+ pages to the DR with a machine that kept jamming?

I just need to know what to put in for. If they deny me, I'll just pull out another 8191!

RDruckus -- "Do we get 8127 time for the step one grievance discussion? "

-- Probably will get the infamous "After reviewing this matter, the parties mutually agree that no national interpretive issue is fairly represented in this case." ( or words to that effect )

-- In most cases, the initial step is a face to face between the aggrieved and local manglement ( without piles of documentation ) and could result in 8127 / 1314-A payment -- if manglement is agreeable ( but don't count on it ).

-- If the face-to-face meeting does not resolve the issue, it goes to second stage of Step One - a meeting between a certified steward ( or ADR if no office steward ). The union rep will be getting "G" time when taking over your grievance.

-- Have not seen any reference to a carrier getting 8127 for compiling paperwork for their grievance. Anyone?

-- Maybe "Morty" can shed some light on his experience in filing grievances.

I can.

If you leave your case to do the discussing or paperwork, 8127 time. There's a form for pay when talking with oig/eeo/Inspector. I don't know the ps # tho, and don't know how to find it.

And yes, it is a gray area. So 8127 is subjective and will most likely have to be hammered out in the grievance process if your PM is not agreeable. I always had to fight for mine.

The local steward gets "Z" time or time added up until enough is there for a day off. Carriers that are required to talk to management/inspectors get paid on a green card or 8127 form. Talking to stewards to "discuss" the grievance is steward time and payable on 8127/green card, (If the steward needs to "interview" you or others) because you wouldn't have had to have these discussions if the manager was agreeable and sustained (settled) your grievance, then you also get 8127/green card time for that.

Last edited:
Great! I need to do one more fax to DR today.

I will include a detailed list (I always track it ) of 8127 time.

Last edited:
Back