• Please keep questions in the Questions forum to contract, procedures, and requests for documentation. Vehicle, TSP, retirement, etc questions please post in the regular forums. Thank you
  • Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Please Advise - New Postal Vans on Rural Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxseries

Hi. New here. I went full time 10/10 and was assigned a van on 10/24. Instead of getting paid under the EM-E code for using my pov I now get paid the same amount under EM-G for using a government vehicle. The pay code 50 was used for both em-e and em-g. Please explain.

Thank you Vo! I ask the question because it seems like somebody must have made a mistake. They are paying me to use the van? That wouldn't be fair to the folks using their pov, since they pay for maintenance and gas. People using the van would be far better off.

I would love it if it were true, but I don't want to get slammed for reimbursement down the road if it's not.

Hi. New here. I went full time 10/10 and was assigned a van on 10/24. Instead of getting paid under the EM-E code for using my pov I now get paid the same amount under EM-G for using a government vehicle. The pay code 50 was used for both em-e and em-g. Please explain.
Is the pay code 50 you are talking about on your pay stub? We don't get paid ema for using a government vehicle.

Thanks for the reply J12345. Under detail earnings on the pay stub it has g41 in the code column and g in the type column. Under gross to net instead of em-e it says em-g. The daily amount is the same as it has always been.

Thanks for the reply J12345. Under detail earnings on the pay stub it has g41 in the code column and g in the type column. Under gross to net instead of em-e it says em-g. The daily amount is the same as it has always been.
That is indeed puzzling.... you would think there should be no payment amount for using a Gov't vehicle.... sounds like they have their wires crossed somehow.... :unsure: ?‍♂️

deluxseries -- "Hi. New here. I went full time 10/10 and was assigned a van on 10/24. Instead of getting paid under the EM-E code for using my pov I now get paid the same amount under EM-G for using a government vehicle. The pay code 50 was used for both em-e and em-g. Please explain."

-- More than likely manglement has yet to enter the proper payroll info that tells Eagan that the route now has a government-provided vehicle. Or manglement did and someone at Eagan failed to catch the change.

-- Don't spend the "ema" funds; keep it in the bank, earning a meager interest rate because sooner of later, a "bean counter" will catch the error and you'll be getting a letter of demand ( probably just in time for Christmas! ) from the USPS and the USPS will want the funds - like a week ago.

So I dunno if it applies here but in my office there were about 6 or so POV routes that got vans recently. They continuously paid these routes EMA for some reason for quite a while (at least several weeks).

There was one carrier that was constantly alerting management every pay period. He was afraid like the OP that they were going to come back and take back a huge amount. I told him just to put it in a separate account and don't worry about it. If they come back for it, you'll have it.
But apparently he ended up calling someone at district or in payroll or something and it was finally fixed. They did come back and take back all the EMA paid out after the routes got the vans. Even the RCAs that may have ended up using their POVs on the route (if management used the van somewhere else) had the EMA taken back.

So I suspect that maybe local management doesn't know how or what or doesn't have time to properly change everything they are suppose to when a route goes from POV to government vehicle. And there's little coordination or organization about things so I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people making "bonus/bogus" EMA that they will never have to pay it back.

So I dunno if it applies here but in my office there were about 6 or so POV routes that got vans recently. They continuously paid these routes EMA for some reason for quite a while (at least several weeks).

There was one carrier that was constantly alerting management every pay period. He was afraid like the OP that they were going to come back and take back a huge amount. I told him just to put it in a separate account and don't worry about it. If they come back for it, you'll have it.
But apparently he ended up calling someone at district or in payroll or something and it was finally fixed. They did come back and take back all the EMA paid out after the routes got the vans. Even the RCAs that may have ended up using their POVs on the route (if management used the van somewhere else) had the EMA taken back.

So I suspect that maybe local management doesn't know how or what or doesn't have time to properly change everything they are suppose to when a route goes from POV to government vehicle. And there's little coordination or organization about things so I'm sure there are going to be plenty of people making "bonus/bogus" EMA that they will never have to pay it back.
Did that guy get his @$$ kicked by everyone who had to pay back the EMA??? :unsure: ?‍♂️:oops:

I made management manually change my E to a G each week until they changed it in the 4003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back