• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

POLL: Will yout route gain or lose under RRECS???

Will your route gain or lose under RRECS???

• I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will lose.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I have crunched the numbers and I believe I will gain.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will lose.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • I have NOT crunched the numbers but I believe I will gain.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • At this point, I'm not really sure.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

DB.Cooper

Okay, please vote on what you think will happen with your route... feel free to post messages below to explain further why you voted how you voted....

I'd really like to hear from the peeps who have spent some time and effort crunching the numbers... @C$$, @R5, @FrozenToes, etc...

I was pretty much a wash. I didn't even attempt the drive speed matrix.
I think you should be concerned as it is new and different for us.
There are too many details left out and items still to be decided.
If the engineers truly did their jobs accurately, I think most carriers will evaluate at or a little higher than what they actually work now .

I think it’s a loser and a ton of H routes are coming for low volume, high mileage 85 miles routes like mine. I see a 4 to 5 hr loss minimum. I’m a 44K and will be lucky if it does not become a J route and I deliver Amazon in my office. Most everything is a loss in time and some packages to the door not going to help much at all, getting that time back.

Last edited:
I started this thread because Rt2 says he's got a 100+ mile route, and he thinks he's gaining under RRECS.... :rolleyes: he says he gonna gain so much on parcels to the door that it'll more than make up for all of the loses elsewhere... I'm doubtful of all that, but I guess we can always wish in one hand... :poop:

I'm not all the the way through the comparison yet, and still lots of details to be decided, so take with a grain of salt:

From what I've seen, RRECS is all about large packages.
1) If you deliver gobs of large packages, you will gain time. A LOT of time.
2) If you don't deliver many large packages, you will lose time, possibly A LOT of time.

I do feel confident in saying not every route will gain time. There will be losers under RRECS.

Thanks for all of your work @C$$ and others that have looked at RRECS to help us all better understand what lies ahead for us!!!

My fear, is what if all the large parcels suddenly disappear??? What if the UPS & FedEx (FedUps) peeps start taking all of the to-the-door parcels, and we're left with just mailbox deliveries... imo, it's not beyond the USPS to alter delivery patterns to benefit them $$$ financially.... we've all seen what they can do during mail counts... just sayin'... :unsure:

I’m actually to new to understand the pros and cons of this poll, but going off what I do know off my old aux route, and now in my new K route, I’m guessing rrecs is going to hurt my 43k 90 mile route..... when I was an rca, I somewhat observed the route I now hold, and it appears, mail and packages are now lighter (but I could be wrong)..... shortly before the old carrier retired, they did cut the route to a 43k (I’m unsure of what it used to be).... one of my clerks told me my route is still considered “heavy”
But going off what I’ve seen for the past 3 months holding this route, I see rrecs hurting me.......(hopefully amazons free deliveries now, will cure that???!). (Last count, this route did have amazon count, but I know it’s more now than it was back in last count, amazon just hit us back then, and they was light compared to now)......

D.B., please state the thread and post # that you have found this quote from me:
Rt2 says he's got a 100+ mile route, and he thinks he's gaining under RRECS.... he says he gonna gain so much on parcels to the door that it'll more than make up for all of the loses elsewhere...
This "quote" I believe was pulled out one of your piles of ?.
Just saying... You have been caught with your facts down, again. Besides I probably would have spelled losses correctly.

Doesn’t matter here as long as they have a way for us to make sure management enters coverages right at 17 on the last 12 days. It’s non stop in this city. Maybe 18 or 19 only had one at my case when I got back today

D.B., please state the thread and post # that you have found this quote from me:
Rt2 says he's got a 100+ mile route, and he thinks he's gaining under RRECS.... he says he gonna gain so much on parcels to the door that it'll more than make up for all of the loses elsewhere...
This "quote" I believe was pulled out one of your piles of ?.
Just saying... You have been caught with your facts down, again. Besides I probably would have spelled losses correctly.
D.B. said, "From what I've seen and heard, I believe I will lose under RRECS... I'm high milage route... my guess is Rt2 will lose as well... I think a few will gain, but MANY will lose... USPS will be the BIG $$$ winner with RRECS... jmho"
I'm sorry I don't see any loss on my route coming from RRECKS. I'm currently taking up to 8 minutes to deliver some parcels, while being paid 10 seconds to deliver them. Those 10 seconds are not covering the smalls into the box now as we are being shafted. Are you saying the 2-3 hours shown to be lost in other areas is greater than the 9 gained by the average route FOR PARCELS? Did every kid in your math class get a trophy for being an outstanding student?
Please explain how using the RRECKS examples from this site would cause most rural carriers to lose. I don't see it, and neither did the first poster on the parcel thread by C$$.

Yeah, it was over in the General Discussion area... I have it above for you to read and remember... :rolleyes:

Seems many in this POLL thread aren't all that confident "RRECKS" is gonna be a winner for them... just sayin'.... better check your spelling on "RRECKS".... as well as your calculations... ;)

I gained 2hrs under RRECS. I used my parcels gains to offset scanner and boxes losses. Flats and letters canceled each other out. Other inputs also offset each other out.

I am curious how they compute “fatigue factors “ into RRECS? And I wondered is that what is stopping/delaying the implementation?

I'm sorry D.B. YOU QUOTED ME saying what you wrote, I NEVER said what you QUOTED ME to have said.
Real quotes are easy to do on this site, they can be copy and paste, or quotes of the whole post, but we generally don't type in our own words , because that is then no longer a quote. A lot of us learned this in grade school.
Losses and RRECKS are my signature on this particular quote, notice how neither are in what you are calling a quote from Rt.2. I always refer to RRECS as RRECKS due to its implementation being more than 5 years late, something that would never happen if the USPS was going to make $ upon it being in place.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was over in the General Discussion area... I have it above for you to read and remember... :rolleyes:

Seems many in this POLL thread aren't all that confident "RRECKS" is gonna be a winner for them... just sayin'.... better check your spelling on "RRECKS".... as well as your calculations... ;)

Those 10 seconds are not covering the smalls into the box now as we are being shafted.

Actually you are paid to put the parcels in the box whether big or small. You are not paid to deliver to the front door/garage. RRECS’s formula answered that question.

What is highlighted is what you wrote... did you fail reading comprehension??? Can you not remember what you wrote earlier today??? Go to the thread over in the General Discussion area and have a look at your post if you're having memory problems.... :rolleyes:

I'll go over to that tread and respond to your post just to help you out... maybe then you'll see, and maybe even remember... just sayin'... early onset??? :oops:

Let’s be fair you really didn’t post an exact quote.
Never said I did... I paraphrased it... and it's post #54 over in the "Is our union helping us or hurting us?" thread of the General Discussion area... and it's shown above in #12... Rt2 is the one who is cutting and pasting previous posts to combine with his own... and that IS confusing.... just sayin'... :rolleyes:

Here's what you wrote in Post #4 above in this thread:
"I started this thread because Rt2 says he's got a 100+ mile route, and he thinks he's gaining under RRECS.... he says he gonna gain so much on parcels to the door that it'll more than make up for all of the loses elsewhere... I'm doubtful of all that, but I guess we can always wish in one hand..."
I don't have a "100 mile route" and the make up of time on parcels to the door came from C$$ the creator of the program to compare "Rrecs" to our current count stats. Try reading slower and mouthing the words, it helps some people with reading comprehension.

Never said I did... I paraphrased it... and it's post #54 over in the "Is our union helping us or hurting us?" thread of the General Discussion area... and it's shown above in #12... Rt2 is the one who is cutting and pasting previous posts to combine with his own... and that IS confusing.... just sayin'... :rolleyes:
I recommend you read what you wrote and large equates to 100 plus come on man this is a bit ridiculous. I enjoy your posts but don’t slam people without proper quotes.

Back