Postal Pulse

RDruckus

I was told years ago that any response to the Postal Pulse, even entirely negative, would be used in their favor.
(Good employee engagement.)

Most know we lost money in one contract because of positive answers about pay and benefits.

I make sure my copy goes home with me, so that it doesn't magically find itself completed and mailed in.

Jmdw52

I feel as though the questions on that survey are specifically designed to get a false answer about our workplace... none of the questions are the important ones that should be asked... of course if they got those answers....

rhdriver

So is the most effective way to handle the Postal Pulse to NOT return it? One of my coworkers says that's the best way to give the message that you're unhappy and that's the way I responded the last time, with NO response. But, boy, did I want to write some scathing remarks in the teeny, tiny remark box they gave us and it was very difficult to refrain!!

I've heard they want us all to be engaged. And to not be engaged (i.e., don't answer and return) is the most troubling response for management. True?

Jmdw52

It seems at least your PM gets some kind of reward for survey compliance.

Everybody should turn them in with a letter stapled to it.... about what we really think..... between the clerks, city carriers and us... we are now the lowest paid.... thanks table two.

lbpd16

So is the most effective way to handle the Postal Pulse to NOT return it? One of my coworkers says that's the best way to give the message that you're unhappy and that's the way I responded the last time, with NO response. But, boy, did I want to write some scathing remarks in the teeny, tiny remark box they gave us and it was very difficult to refrain!!

I've heard they want us all to be engaged. And to not be engaged (i.e., don't answer and return) is the most troubling response for management. True?
If you want to send a message just send it back with "Go F--k Yourself" written in black bold letters.

RDruckus

It seems at least your PM gets some kind of reward for survey compliance.

Everybody should turn them in with a letter stapled to it.... about what we really think..... between the clerks, city carriers and us... we are now the lowest paid.... thanks table two.

You can send in a letter telling them exactly what you think. Do it in your own envelope so they can't count it as part of employee engagement.

lbpd16

I've done numerous "surveys" and "questionnaires" over the years with several employers. They are not interested in the truth. Its just a sham to show they are "working to find solutions" with their employees. If you tell them the truth you are labeled as a malcontent or trouble maker. Several times they have flat out denied what I said was actually occurring despite the majority of responses saying the same things as me. All they want is "company men"

Also, "Postal Pulse"? I don't think the post office has a pulse. At least not upper management.

DB.Cooper

I've done numerous "surveys" and "questionnaires" over the years with several employers. They are not interested in the truth. Its just a sham to show they are "working to find solutions" with their employees. If you tell them the truth you are labeled as a malcontent or trouble maker. Several times they have flat out denied what I said was actually occurring despite the majority of responses saying the same things as me. All they want is "company men"

Also, "Postal Pulse"? I don't think the post office has a pulse. At least not upper management.
I've always suspected the surveys are just a "tool" to identify who the malcontents are... let's be real... something with a barcode on it is NOT anonymous... just sayin'... 🙄

Rt2mailman

As far as the survey goes, when answering them you give them every aspect of identifying you with the bar code on the bottom, except maybe your DNA. They are not anonymous unless you cut the bottom bar code off, and then they are also not counted in the survey. They don't care what you say as long as you are "bar code engaged". If you would feel better answer away, but cut the bar code off and NOT be counted as "one of the engaged".

DB.Cooper

So when do these things come out again... I've never heard of any sort of feedback from these things... so what is the point???

Does someone care about me as a person?? Do you have a bff at the PO?? Has anybody thanked you in the past 7 days??

It all seems so bogus... why would anybody fill one out??? :unsure:

wamailmom

I feel as though the questions on that survey are specifically designed to get a false answer about our workplace... none of the questions are the important ones that should be asked... of course if they got those answers....
Just like in an investigative interview, where the questions are carefully crafted to get the answers they seek, and no real investigation of what happened occurs.

Surprise!

I write Refused on the envelope and place it in the out going mail.

Why don't we have a survey about the survey?

I am not suggesting we get to say what we may truly want to say. No threats, cussing, or major accusations. Just cover our not liking it and some polite reasons why.

Even if they can show who supported it we have done nothing.

Joe Reeser

I was told years ago that any response to the Postal Pulse, even entirely negative, would be used in their favor.
(Good employee engagement.)

Most know we lost money in one contract because of positive answers about pay and benefits.

I make sure my copy goes home with me, so that it doesn't magically find itself completed and mailed in.
Mine goes home and straight into the shredder. I never even open it up.

gerl2

I've always suspected the surveys are just a "tool" to identify who the malcontents are... let's be real... something with a barcode on it is NOT anonymous... just sayin'... 🙄

Might have a point checking to see any responses could lead to going postal....Why would they continue to ask the same questions every year? Good observation, The only ones that I know that fill these out are arss kissers

charlie

I write Refused on the envelope and place it in the out going mail.

Why don't we have a survey about the survey?

I am not suggesting we get to say what we may truly want to say. No threats, cussing, or major accusations. Just cover our not liking it and some polite reasons why.

Even if they can show who supported it we have done nothing.
Gee.......Imagine if our and the other unions did a survey on the postal impulse?....The others might do it, doubt our union has a light on in the office to think this would be a good idea.