• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Postal service audit exposes mail problems

Only do 12 hrs here after that they can fire me I am done.

at that amount of hours worked in a week I would not like to see that check. Most likely made less $$ per hour then if they only worked 50 hrs. I know at 70 hrs it’s like a kick in the teeth seeing the taxed amount.

114 hrs in a week would average 19 hrs a day. Or maybe they worked 23 hrs a day in 5 days. Let’s see, “Joe you’re scheduled from 7 till midnight this week. And I know you’re on that fast so you won’t need a lunch. But hey at least the traffic will be light for your hour commute. Who needs sleep, right ?”

That article is crazy, I find some of those “finds” to be questionable on the graphs, particularly the one about retainment of employees.. when I started, before 2019, it was like 60% already, so it dropped after that??? I don’t think things improved in that time. I was a CCA when I first started, worked like 27 days straight from my first day, had a day off, worked another 25ish days in a row… most hours I worked in a week were 73 hours tho, but over 60 was normal. I can’t even imagine 114 hours… not much more than half that is exhausting considering summer or winter weather alone.

Ok, if he worked Sunday too he only had to do 16+ hrs a day
Long ago I worked weeks of 4:00 am to 8:00 pm, 16 hour days. One other RCA worked same. The office at the time we worked in had 10 rural routes, we covered non scheduled, sick leave, and performed inter-office runs, VMF runs, hub runs, Express delivery, Sunday parcels etc. in addition. One carrier was out on extended medical leave so we automatically had that route 6 days a week in addition to all the other stuff. Each week that this occurred, a paper check was generated from Eagan as anything over 90 hours per week must be PM approved.

Long ago I worked weeks of 4:00 am to 8:00 pm, 16 hour days. One other RCA worked same. The office at the time we worked in had 10 rural routes, we covered non scheduled, sick leave, and performed inter-office runs, VMF runs, hub runs, Express delivery, Sunday parcels etc. in addition. One carrier was out on extended medical leave so we automatically had that route 6 days a week in addition to all the other stuff. Each week that this occurred, a paper check was generated from Eagan as anything over 90 hours per week must be PM approved.
4k seems to be the magic number for needing a paper check. That’s been my experience anyways at least. Interesting tidbit on the hours tho, could be why poom visited a while back. Then magically we got new rcas in the pipeline 😂. It’s been nice just doing route and going home last cpl weeks. Still working 7 days a week for another week or 2.

That article is crazy, I find some of those “finds” to be questionable on the graphs, particularly the one about retainment of employees.. when I started, before 2019, it was like 60% already, so it dropped after that??? I don’t think things improved in that time. I was a CCA when I first started, worked like 27 days straight from my first day, had a day off, worked another 25ish days in a row… most hours I worked in a week were 73 hours tho, but over 60 was normal. I can’t even imagine 114 hours… not much more than half that is exhausting considering summer or winter weather alone.
Lots of misinformation in that video.

Last edited:
The older I get, the more I discover the less I know. I’ve worked 7 days a week before but nothing like that. I know you had to have taken a massive pay cut when you went regular. I didn’t think that Sunday delivery went that far back though. What I really want to know is if you put in a COA for that period that you ‘lived’ at the po ?🤣

The older I get, the more I discover the less I know. I’ve worked 7 days a week before but nothing like that. I know you had to have taken a massive pay cut when you went regular. I didn’t think that Sunday delivery went that far back though. What I really want to know is if you put in a COA for that period that you ‘lived’ at the po ?🤣
I started with the PO after a long career as a corporate exec, on a plane, different time zone (or two) every week. I was used to long hours, was gifted with high energy, and yes, I took a huge cut to become a regular. But I was ready. I didn't need a COA as I had a PO Box already at one of our offices.

Amazon has only been around since 2012 for usps. But, over 30 years ago carriers worked Sundays for express and specials.

Amazon has only been around since 2012 for usps. But, over 30 years ago carriers worked Sundays for express and specials.
Yeah I know. Special & express delivery was about as cushy a job as there could be. But where I come from they wouldn’t ever give that job to an RCA.

Back