• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

postmaster general

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what your past work history is, but from my point of view this is a pretty sweet job. I started as an RCA at 49 years old and have been told by several people they never thought I would make it starting at that age. I have to admit my 4 years as an RCA were pretty rough but since I made regular I have absolutely no complaints and I'm Table 2 making significantly less than than Table 1 peers. No possible way I would go back to the private sector, this job is a walk in the park.
I am glad you're able to enjoy it.
(Seriously, no sarcasm here, all sincerity. You are in my craft family.)

Reading your post made me examine why I'm feeling so abused.
It's the terrible office climate, threats to my safety, including management baiting a route stalker, and constant, flagrant violations of the work rules.
The NRLCA, with the exception of my DR, has also failed me at almost every turn.

When I read posts about good offices, it is very encouraging to me.
It gratified me and gives me a small glimmer of hope.
Thank you.

i was an rca for 13 years. For the first 8 or 9, i had postmasters that didnt care how you did your job, just that you did it, did it well, and didnt get into an accident. Now, if i make one mistake, i at the very least get a good butt chewing, and have been called in to i&i three times. It is a good job, when you have a good boss, like any job. it just seems there are too many bad bosses out there in pmland. no one can think for themselves, and every bad rule must be enforced. carriers have no say in how they do their jobs anymore, but maybe since i was self employed for most of my life, i just dont like to answer "how high" when the pm says to jump..

Reading comprehension helps.

I was asking people to NOT turn this into a political thread.

Thank you.
lmao this is a blatant political appointment to a government job how can this not be a political thread? I comprehended just fine. Not possible to be apolitical on this, sorry.

All the people attacking Newy Louie did so saying he's just gonna be some TRUMP lackey.... which I really doubt.... altho, I think he should raise what Bezos and some of the other freeloaders are currently paying....

If they get a Table 1 Step 12 carrier to retire, and replace them with a Table 2 Step 1, then they're saving almost $20 grand a year.... they're gonna have to pay the retirement eventually anyways.... so, I do believe offering some incentives for retirements would save them some $$$ money.... and that's why it's been done in the past, even during less severe financial times... why not do it now, they're saying we're financially in bad shape, so why not do something about it??? :unsure:

Btw.... WINNING.... ? ??(y):)
Why would an incentive be given to get the older carriers to retire, when they need more and more carriers and I see no one beating down the doors to be an RCA, which you have to be in order to bid? Mostly the older carriers just get to the date they have picked to retire or they get so fed up with the BS that they retire earlier than they had intended, without an incentive. Currently management is on a kick to get carriers to voluntarily cut their routes because of 2080 trouble due to excessive Amazon, no subs(so working their J and K days), and poor road conditions(It was a tough winter and spring mud is bad now.). So cut voluntarily.....Um, NO! Go through the steps. I am not going to make it easy for you.

lmao this is a blatant political appointment to a government job how can this not be a political thread? I comprehended just fine. Not possible to be apolitical on this, sorry.
First of all, thank you so very much for your continued mockery and condescension. It doesn't matter what I say, you and your other 2 alter egos have no problem treating me like crap.

Second, I asked that Trump not be brought into it. I would be asking the same if Obama were president. There are many posts on this thread which have refrained from doing so. I am sick and tired of near about every thread turning political and am through asking nicely for people to knock it off.

Finally, let's see how this guy does. The last private individual was "appointed" by Clinton (not really, the Board does the appointing, not the prez) and was GASP, a Republican. Oh the frackin' horror. It doesn't matter to me what party someone is. What matters is results. Peace out.

The average USPS letter carrier makes 47k a year.

47k a year? Im not even a regular, I'm just a PTF rural, and last year my gross was 62k. As of PP09 my gross is $22,892.85. divide by 9 and multiply by 26 and my estimated for this year is 66k. And I am only a 2nd year career employee. A lot of the regulars I know are still on pay table 1 and they make WAY more than I do.

Oh, and this is hands down the BEST job I have ever had in my life. I absolutely love basically being in charge of myself, making my customers happy, and just driving around all day listening to my talk radio. I started my adult life as a soldier, did 15 years (3 combat tours), did a couple years in construction, a year at WALMART, a year in a local distribution plant, a couple years running my own garage, now I'm just starting my 5th year with the Post Office and love it more than when I started. And I have no complaints about my paycheck either.

First of all, thank you so very much for your continued mockery and condescension. It doesn't matter what I say, you and your other 2 alter egos have no problem treating me like crap.

Second, I asked that Trump not be brought into it. I would be asking the same if Obama were president. There are many posts on this thread which have refrained from doing so. I am sick and tired of near about every thread turning political and am through asking nicely for people to knock it off.

Finally, let's see how this guy does. The last private individual was "appointed" by Clinton (not really, the Board does the appointing, not the prez) and was GASP, a Republican. Oh the frackin' horror. It doesn't matter to me what party someone is. What matters is results. Peace out.

If you read the article you linked to, you'd read Runyon was a carryover to the Bill Clinton administration (from Bush 1.) Also, if you read the article, you'd find it wasn't apolitical, claiming 'Hilary's friends' would get cabinet jobs. So it is ok to undermine Bill Clinton's appointments but Trump's are off-limits. I guess what is acceptable to you might be a partisan smear to me.

Carvin' Marvin's reputation was that he tried to cut do-nothing mngt bloat.... a good thing in my book....

I hope and expect Louie is going to try to streamline and modernize the USPS....

I feel if they spent more effort on improving efficiency and revenue, and less on worker harassment, then our finances might not be in shambles.... let's hope Louie sets things right... I'm rooting for him....

I'm puzzled.... for the peeps that seem to be against him... why???? Of course we do have one Amazon employee on here bad-mouthing the new PMG.... maybe a Bezos mole/plant.... :unsure:

I say funk Amazon, and funk Bezos.... how many carriers has he injured and forced to early retirements with all his 69 cent 50 pound dog food bags.... where's his big fleet of Mercedes-Benz now.... maybe the drones.... funk them all.... :oops:

47k a year? Im not even a regular, I'm just a PTF rural, and last year my gross was 62k. As of PP09 my gross is $22,892.85. divide by 9 and multiply by 26 and my estimated for this year is 66k. And I am only a 2nd year career employee. A lot of the regulars I know are still on pay table 1 and they make WAY more than I do.
Have you taken a look at the Table 2 charts for Regulars, so you know what you'll make when you go Regular??? :unsure:

Why would an incentive be given to get the older carriers to retire, when they need more and more carriers and I see no one beating down the doors to be an RCA, which you have to be in order to bid? Mostly the older carriers just get to the date they have picked to retire or they get so fed up with the BS that they retire earlier than they had intended, without an incentive. Currently management is on a kick to get carriers to voluntarily cut their routes because of 2080 trouble due to excessive Amazon, no subs(so working their J and K days), and poor road conditions(It was a tough winter and spring mud is bad now.). So cut voluntarily.....Um, NO! Go through the steps. I am not going to make it easy for you.
Same as in the past... it's a proven way to save some money.... they actually offered a Voluntary Early Retirement to Rurals in the past... why not again....

early outs

Same as in the past... it's a proven way to save some money.... they actually offered a Voluntary Early Retirement to Rurals in the past... why not again....

early outs
Yes I remember this voluntary early out for rurals. It was very early in my postal career. If offered now, I suspect it would be just the incentive that we old timers need to retire. The thunder of feet to the exits would be deafening. A limit on the number of early outs in each district would have to be made otherwise mail would have a hard time being delivered, maybe by supervisors and management types with no one left to manage.

Yes I remember this voluntary early out for rurals. It was very early in my postal career. If offered now, I suspect it would be just the incentive that we old timers need to retire. The thunder of feet to the exits would be deafening. A limit on the number of early outs in each district would have to be made otherwise mail would have a hard time being delivered, maybe by supervisors and management types with no one left to manage.
Yeah, I assume you're in either North or South Dakota, and I've heard it's hard to find workers there in places due to oil and gas and such.... but it's not that tight everywhere....In my neck of the woods they could allow some early retirements and save some money.... as I'm sure they could in other locations as well.... why not explore all avenues to shore up their finances... also allows some part-timers to move to fulltime.... win-win.... (y) ? ?

Finally, let's see how this guy does. The last private individual was "appointed" by Clinton (not really, the Board does the appointing, not the prez) and was GASP, a Republican. Oh the frackin' horror. It doesn't matter to me what party someone is
Alter ego? One account on this site is more than enough for me, that's for sure. Sorry if you thought I was being condescending, but I was just responding to the jab of you making fun of my reading comprehension.

The OP literally asked what do we know about him. I'm just answering. If politics and/or talking about the president bothers you or you are sick of it maybe we should make a forum about politics and not let people talk about it here.

I also never said anything about him being a Republican or that being the issue I also hope he is a good postmaster, that would be awesome.

Cronyism is ingrained in DC. Trump didn't invent it. Nor his second favorite, nepotism. They've both been around since civilization began. But they pervert and erode our Republic a bit more every time they rear their ugly head - especially so blatantly, and without so much as a blink of an eye from most. DeJoy might be good for the PO, but how he got the job is an issue, that's the only point most have made. TDS? No, that's called being a citizen. Many don't care about Trump's rampant corruption, and that's their right. Can't make people care.

Maybe if you signed your TSP over to Trump's campaign, you could get installed into power too DB? :)

Nobody has shown me any proof that TRUMP hand-selected DeJoy.... I read the PRC considered over 50 candidates before selecting DeJoy as best qualified....

If TDS automatically leads some to assume TRUMP hand-picked DeJoy, I guess I'd ask, where is your proof of that??? :unsure:

Board of Governors Announces Selection of Louis DeJoy to Serve as Nation’s 75th Postmaster General - Newsroom - About.usps.com

...The Board of Governors then began an extensive nationwide search, employing a national executive search firm to conduct the search with additional advisory services from Chelsea Partners. In the ensuing months, the Governors reviewed the records of more than two hundred candidates for the position before narrowing the list to more than fifty candidates to undergo substantial vetting. Subsequently, the Governors interviewed more than a dozen candidates in first round interviews, and invited seven candidates for follow-up interviews. A narrow list of finalists then underwent a final vetting process before the Governors made their decision.

Last edited:
Cronyism is ingrained in DC. Trump didn't invent it. Nor his second favorite, nepotism. They've both been around since civilization began. But they pervert and erode our Republic a bit more every time they rear their ugly head - especially so blatantly, and without so much as a blink of an eye from most. DeJoy might be good for the PO, but how he got the job is an issue, that's the only point most have made. TDS? No, that's called being a citizen. Many don't care about Trump's rampant corruption, and that's their right. Can't make people care.

Maybe if you signed your TSP over to Trump's campaign, you could get installed into power too DB? :)
It seems TDS is an affliction that is hard to shake..... o_O :rolleyes:?

Btw, I'm thinking there may be something to that alter ego thing.... :unsure:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back