RCCS?

Bukowski

I was given a notice titled "Rural Carrier Cost System (RCCS) Test." It is being conducted by a member of the Statistical Programs Unit who will arrive before I do to begin sampling the mail. It goes on to say the person will interfere as little as possible, may ask for my assistance, I could be delayed but would be compensated, and management will need to record information on mail I collect. What is this? I at first thought it was RRECS, but then realized it was a different abbreviation.

btdtret

Bukowski et al -- "I was given a notice titled "Rural Carrier Cost System (RCCS) Test." It is being conducted by a member of the Statistical Programs Unit who will arrive before I do to begin sampling the mail. It goes on to say the person will interfere as little as possible, may ask for my assistance, I could be delayed but would be compensated, and management will need to record information on mail I collect. What is this? "

-- Nothing to panic over.

-- Google "rural carrier cost test" to view its 16 pages of info and formulas that you don't have to do anything with.

-- In short -- it is used to develop volume estimates for classes, products, and price categories of mail collected and delivered on rural routes.

-- Sounds similar to ODIS = Origin Destination Information System and Revenue.

-- Be nice to the person who is doing the test - she / he had to get up earlier than you.

-- Apparently RRCS has been around for awhile, but this is the first time I've heard of it. Something else to add to the files.

-- Be sure to hang on to the info that stated you'd be compensated if delayed.

Bukowski

Thank you btdret. It does sound like ODIS. If my foggy, one-day-blends-into-another memory serves me right, I'm thinking that someone may have come in to do this before on my route. And I was very very nice to her.😊

I think one was done in our office a few months back and would you believe the route got a BUMP UP !!!!
Questions were ask and we were told special count on selected few! :mad:

MrMagoo

"Statistical Programs Unit"

And you wonder why we are losing money hand over fist?

I had one of these tests once, it ended up like a half assed, one day mail count.

The idea, as I was told, by the person conducting the test, was to see if you handled enough mail/brought in enough revenue to justify your existence.

I was told the letters and flats I picked up would be counted by the supervisor and added to the form then mailed in. I asked what about the parcels I pick up, which happens to be a lot? The person said "oh yeah that would be a good idea, but we don't count those"
Just another half assed test conducted by someone who should have to justify their existence, IMHO.

charlie

The counterpart to the RCCS is the LACS. This is a cost allocation system which reviews the costs attributed to all of the support staff at district, area and at national headquarters. The actual reports can only be viewed by senior executives with double top secret, absolute need to know clearances.... What is LACS an acronym fir you ask?.....I thought you could guess this easily....It stands for Lazy Ass Cost System...

btdtret

charlie et al -- " What is LACS an acronym fir you ask?.....I thought you could guess this easily....It stands for Lazy Ass Cost System...

-- Could it be those in the trenches are LACS-intolerant?

Bukowski

"The idea, as I was told, by the person conducting the test, was to see if you handled enough mail/brought in enough revenue to justify your existence."

A Wednesday in July when everything is at its lowest volume will be used to justify my existence? Tell me this isn't true and they can't just take away the route! It's 4.5 hour aux route. The regular carrier I work with (just 2 of us) does not want to take on anymore, CAN'T take on anymore. I'm now fretting I'm going to lose my already meager livelihood. .