• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RECCS Poll! (enough already, what say you)? - Note after the start up period scheduled changes will only use a full years data!

RECCS Poll! (enough already, what say you)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I too am tired of waiting for RRECS, so tired that now I plan on being retired before it ever takes effect. Amazon just keeps getting worse and worse and I doubt that the pay for those 50 lbs bags of dog food will ever cover the time involved to handle them. That has always been the fallacy of being counted with Amazon or not being counted with Amazon. 30 seconds for a package that fits into the mailbox is probably fair. 30 seconds for the team lift box being dragged to the door a 100 ft from the road does not cover the time involved. And more and more of the packages are to the door and heavier every day. I see no resolution to this issue. I do not believe that either side will come to an agreement that will be acceptable to the carriers or USPS. Neither side has trust in the system.
We are forgetting that ALL of this will be able to be manipulated to keep pay evals down; e.g..whose to say they project R1 is expected to receive 150 parcels for Monday but 30 of them will put him over his eval so they route them to ups/ FedEx/ or Amazon...sigh?
Edit: this is just an assumption, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Last edited:
Tweak on to the end of time trying to keep devising schemes to cheat a rural carrier! They can't even keep track and caught up with the back pay and cola! If nothing else put us on the city carrier pay scheme deal! Surely you have that done pat.
I want the same choices they have..sign up sheets for 8hr day only, 10hr, 12 hr, sun/ hol.ot....for xsake...we're going to need those choices for losses we're about to take...imo

I want the same choices they have..sign up sheets for 8hr day only, 10hr, 12 hr, sun/ hol.ot....for xsake...we're going to need those choices for losses we're about to take...imo
The major problem I have with going on the clock is that they will try to force us into 40hr routes. For 39 years I have been paying into CSRS at between 43 and 48 hour evaluations and do not look forward to retiring on a high 3 based on only a 40hr salary.

The major problem I have with going on the clock is that they will try to force us into 40hr routes. For 39 years I have been paying into CSRS at between 43 and 48 hour evaluations and do not look forward to retiring on a high 3 based on only a 40hr salary.
Your High 3 will be based on your highest 3 consecutive years (not necessarily Jan-Dec) of service, not final 3 if that's what you mean.

Ok, if the system runs off satelites how come I disappear off the computer screen then ?

Satelite radio has some spots where you do not get a signal.
Satelite radio is not the same as GPS*. Undoubtedly the scanner will keep track, and store the information, of what's going on until it can download the data when a connection is reestablished.

*There is no place on earth that can't be located to within 1 meter using GPS.

Satelite radio is not the same as GPS*. Undoubtedly the scanner will keep track, and store the information, of what's going on until it can download the data when a connection is reestablished.

*There is no place on earth that can't be located to within 1 meter using GPS.
our past practice of screwing the rurals, that 1 meter is to much, you know just round up or just round down, at 200 dismounts for parcels, could suck

our past practice of screwing the rurals, that 1 meter is to much, you know just round up or just round down, at 200 dismounts for parcels, could suck
It's about the length of one stride, but it could be in any direction at any given time, or it could be exactly where you are. If it makes you feel better to worry about, by all means worry about it. Me, I'm going to not worry about it because the absolute randomness of each GPS location event, with an error of less than 1 meter*, means I'm confident it will accurately follow my scanner wherever it goes.

*If the new scanners use two frequency GPS, the precision can be even greater, about 10 cm or four inches.

Just a thought...(don't throw objects at me yet....) rural carriers in suburban areas where there's an Amazon warehouse (40 major metro marketing areas in the US, and expanding as the cost of delivery by Amazon is cheaper with their own resources) don't deliver many Amazon parcels, so these suburban routes won't get any real boost from parcel delivery under the new system. I personally don't want to be an hourly employee, I started as a dual and did plenty of city routes, and no thanks! Rural carriers aren't begging for their paychecks each day, and hopefully when all the rumors subside, we won't be either. The major change is the EVALUATION system, and it's supposed to be in place for at least a year, with minor updates. I don't have inside information, but city side, hourly, no way. The new system should work for all types of carriers, rural, suburban, and contract.

We are forgetting that ALL of this will be able to be manipulated to keep pay evals down; e.g..whose to say they project R1 is expected to receive 150 parcels for Monday but 30 of them will put him over his eval so they route them to ups/ FedEx/ or Amazon...sigh?
Edit: this is just an assumption, but I wouldn't put it past them.
It’s not an assumption, it’s a reality. I spoke to a fedex driver last week who flag me down telling me she is delivering our packages. I asked her to show me some of those packages. Those packages only has our tracking numbers on it.

It’s not an assumption, it’s a reality. I spoke to a fedex driver last week who flag me down telling me she is delivering our packages. I asked her to show me some of those packages. Those packages only has our tracking numbers on it.
Ouch
Sounds right. They can't juggle forever. Or can they.

Might I ask what locations (states) you're finding FedEx at the door with our barcodes only? Are the carriers contract or career? Are the delivered areas rural or suburban, or close to major metro areas? I have a network of carriers through a number of offices and would like to subtly inquire as to what they're seeing.....thanks in advance for anything you can provide. Currently in our office we get two-three pallets each from FedEx and UPS each morning for 30 routes. Two wires from OnTrac. Five pallets and about 40 huge loose from Amazon (Amazon has dedicated delivery in our area, six routes with six vans and drivers for 30 routes covered by our carriers both city and rural) We get Amazon overflow and large that don't fit their vans cost effectively.

Might I ask what locations (states) you're finding FedEx at the door with our barcodes only? Are the carriers contract or career? Are the delivered areas rural or suburban, or close to major metro areas? I have a network of carriers through a number of offices and would like to subtly inquire as to what they're seeing.....thanks in advance for anything you can provide. Currently in our office we get two-three pallets each from FedEx and UPS each morning for 30 routes. Two wires from OnTrac. Five pallets and about 40 huge loose from Amazon (Amazon has dedicated delivery in our area, six routes with six vans and drivers for 30 routes covered by our carriers both city and rural) We get Amazon overflow and large that don't fit their vans cost effectively.
Northeast district. Fed ex delivers quite a few of our barcode only pkgs. We no longer get any significant fed ex drop. Fed ex contract drivers, in fed ex trucks, from a warehouse over 40 miles away. Not good. None of the pkgs are Amazon, by the way. So far

fed x is delivering everything here.. cow country, greater mi, not suburban.. their driver told my coworker they need the packages for the hours....

California...she said she is delivering about 50 packages a day. It’s no wonder my package count went down.

I am in a major suburban city. She works for FedEx ground and is a hourly employee.

Last edited:
Find the tangent this is off on rather fascinating and thought provoking.

Isn't it common knowledge on this site that FedEx makes money by having us deliver their packages for them?

If it has only our barcode on them isn't that a USPS item and who got the money? And how did FedEx get it?

Granted, USPS can forecast now who are potential 2080 problems, but they can forecast potential evaluations based on March?

They are going to keep your evaluation low by not having you do work? They will fine tune each route so that they maximize profit by having every route be a few minutes (at most) away from getting that next hour of evaluation?

What I like best is that my recollection of FedEx packages that I got to deliver was that they were mostly small (ergo cheapest and easiest to deliver by USPS), which makes no sense. I recognize that things may be different in other places and at different times, but seems to me I see lots of talk about others delivering to mailboxes, also indicating small parcels.

Back