• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Regrets? Got any?

I have no idea what that means. I do know people in california have been leaving in huge number's for over 10 years. When they cash out and relocate, that area tends to end up with higher cost of living. Austin and Atlanta housing markets didn't skyrocket under Trump.

I may be wrong but, it seems the more things a state offers and taxes its citizens on, the higher the taxes become in that state. As more free services are offered, more daily fees and taxes on purchases are added. That brings up the cost of daily living. Things like gas taxes, utility taxes, hotel taxes, road toll fees, property taxes, fee schedules for things they can't technically tax but want money for nonetheless.
An example is my water bill is $100 in fees and service charges before I use a drop of water. Gas is $3.50 a gallon here. Mostly gas tax and production cost for ultra clean blend. Which is mostly being produced in other states because they haven't let us build a refinery in 40 years here. My dads old truck, which we have in the barn, cost $277 to register for a yearly license and its 30 years old. I am required by law to have insurance on anything I want to register- thats another $1400 for a vehicle that drives 200 miles a year. I pay a recycling fee on any plastic or rubber purchase. I pay fees above my property taxes for sewer lines( I'm 25 miles from any public sewage lines), a fee for living in a rural area$250 added to taxes, school build fees $450( no schools within 25 miles), a water readiness fee$750 per parcel, a public electric utilities fee $255 per parcel( to pay those poor electric companies that failed to maintain their equipment and burned thousands of homes here), various county bond fees for another $900.

The more wants A state or people demand, the more it cost its citizens. At a certain point the cost of living becomes financially unsustainable to longterm viability for segments of society. I dont think trump has anything to do with people moving where they can afford a better life with the funds they have available. Its been going on for decades.

.......... Its been going on for decades.
I second that.
My late husband's family moved here forty years ago for the same reasons.

Many newcomers are fleeing here since they can telecommute because of COVID, and they don't like having their neighborhoods burned down. I haven't had an address go vacant over 90 days since March.

Now houses that list sell in the first 3 days if in decent condition, and way above asking price.
If they need a lot of work, they sell in a week.
All the new construction is sold out.

I second that.

Many newcomers are fleeing here since they can telecommute because of COVID, and they don't like having their neighborhoods burned down. I haven't had an address go vacant over 90 days since March.

Now houses that list sell in the first 3 days if in decent condition, and way above asking price.
Think it was mentioned b4 here, prices in the ADK's are spiking. Nothing stays for sale.

I second that.

People moving up from Westchester Co. CT and NYC. They like space.4

Total of 8 cases of Covid in Lewis County. Not 8k, 8 total.

It's no wonder.

I regret withdrawing 25k residential loan from my tsp, contract falling through because of the inspection, and then ultimately blowing the 25k. Now desperately wanting a home of our own for my wife and daughter and me, 3 years later.

I'm lucky to be on table 1, and a step 12. I just switched to a 45k route from my 44J. The poor lady who made regular got my route. She's making 30k less than I was, as a table 2, step 1. I feel bad for these RCAs and new regulars in these Amazon days.

Ultimately, I don't regret anything. It's rough lately, but I like my job. Sure, it's groundhog day. Same turns, same case, same motions same exact everything. It's delirium. But, I get to be outside, my boss is awesome, and I've made great friends at the many offices where I worked. Where else am I going to make this salary?

Back