• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Regulars forced to work Sunday

Thanks for the update timetogo,

Let us all know if they pay those hours you were Voluntold at the same rate as those hours you volunteered.

You working this Sunday?

If so, volunteer or Voluntold?

Let us all know if they pay those hours you were Voluntold at the same rate as those hours you volunteered.

You working this Sunday?

Sundays are Overtime but Wednesday was Regular pay with an Admin Day credited for later use.

You working this Sunday?

This Sunday was voluntary. My district rep talked to National and my office was not the only one mandatored in.
I checked lite blue and my check shows overtime for Sunday hours.

My office is a disaster. We are days behind on priorities Amazon’s etc. Big wigs from district mandatored regular carriers
in today. I thought this was voluntary? Management had two subs on a regular routes where regulars were on vacation.Regulars had to carry their own routes parcels. Supervisor told one of the subs doubled on on a rural route to carry city parcels instead. I am going to call National tomorrow to see if this allowed. Also last week our parcels got up so late were told to make two trips. Carriers went over twelve hours plus had second trip miles and loading time. Supervisor said time keeping system will not allow second trip plus overtime. Which are we supposed to get? Our parcels were up at 2:45 in the afternoon last week! Thanks for any help.

Did your office get everything out the door before Christmas?

Yes we had subs in everyday for parcel assistance. Sunday’s became voluntary after I contacted the union. 95% of the regulars came in every Sunday. Parcels calmed down this week. Wednesday was the worst, almost 300 for my route.
after that around 200 a day. Christmas Eve very light around 100. We were never harassed about our hours. They just wanted the parcels delivered that day. District baby sitters were there everyday until middle of last week.

Yes we had subs in everyday for parcel assistance. Sunday’s became voluntary after I contacted the union. 95% of the regulars came in every Sunday..

WOW 95% volunteered.
Were the 5% who didn't volunteer given the stink eye?
Did you get the stink eye for making "Being Voluntold" an issue?
Did "the District baby sitters" lend a hand, or just watch, kind of like that old saying "I don't mind hard work, I can watch it all day long"

I'm glad you brought the issue to light. If your DR thought only you were volunteered only to find out the district was...just think what else is slipping past by carriers not informing the nrlca? As much as carriers whine, the union can't help if you don't report a problem and follow through on it.
I've always felt it's better to have too much information than to be run over by the bus you didn't know was coming!

WOW 95% volunteered.
Were the 5% who didn't volunteer given the stink eye?
Did you get the stink eye for making "Being Voluntold" an issue?
Did "the District baby sitters" lend a hand, or just watch, kind of like that old saying "I don't mind hard work, I can watch it all day long"

The postmaster was too stressed to give the stink eye. Ha. Hated having all these eyes on his office. District baby sitters
had them immediately start cutting off the parcels at a certain time to get us out on the street. And all hands on deck.
Which should have been done from the beginning. Walked around thanking us for our hard work. Was quite shocking
to actually get a compliment. Even after everything calmed down our postmaster never made an announcement thanking us. District brought in city, rural, clerks and a postmaster from other offices to get us out of the mess.
We have around 75 routes combined in our office.

I'm glad you brought the issue to light. If your DR thought only you were volunteered only to find out the district was...just think what else is slipping past by carriers not informing the nrlca? As much as carriers whine, the union can't help if you don't report a problem and follow through on it.
I've always felt it's better to have too much information than to be run over by the bus you didn't know was coming!

I agree. Too many people complain about the union not doing anything. They need to know to be able to do something.

Yes we had subs in everyday for parcel assistance. Sunday’s became voluntary after I contacted the union. 95% of the regulars came in every Sunday. Parcels calmed down this week. Wednesday was the worst, almost 300 for my route.
after that around 200 a day. Christmas Eve very light around 100. We were never harassed about our hours. They just wanted the parcels delivered that day. District baby sitters were there everyday until middle of last week.

Did the district babysitters get off their fat asses and help? Oh... What a silly question.

I agree. Too many people complain about the union not doing anything. They need to know to be able to do something.

I was just thinking about this the other day, did you ever get extra pay or a penalty payment or anything more than those that actually volunteered, for being forced in on Sundays during the Christmas period?

I hope so.

That may be the only thing stopping them from ordering Regulars in on Sundays throughout the year when all the RCA's are gone to better paying jobs at McDonalds or The Dollar Store.

Yes I had extra hours added to the day to make it double time. National said it happened in other offices too.
We will see how they handle the MOU next year.

i came into work a Sunday around Christmas for my own route.
They did not have enough people, I didn’t volunteer, I just showed up and allowed
To cover only my route. Still haven’t been paid, recently told paperwork has just been
Submitted, had me sign just last week and told it will take 2 pay periods to be paid
WTH......how will I be paid ? Double time? With interest? It just fries my arce that we carriers are held
Responsible for everyday functions, why isn’t mangelment....this is ridiculous....is this grievable?
If so, what violation? Thanks peeps.

I just received my pay for that Sunday I worked this past December.
It took to pay period 12! WTH..........why is all I can say, why the runaround by mangelment and most importantly why did the union have to file a class action grievance on it in the first place and why did it take to pay period 12? What the hell has happened to a fair days pay for a fair days work.........
The Union is united with the Post Office and not their members that pay their dues, this is an example for sure.

The union likely had to file a class action on this because some idiot was trying hide what they did. The union has no oversight on mgmts responsibility to pay in a Timely manner. We can push for negative repercussions, penality pay, and even additional training for the idiot. But we are forbidden from actually doing the job of filling out the time certificate to pay you.
This policy was brought to you by one of your own who went to national and bitched a regular carrier was working as a 204b and she wanted them to commit to mgmt or carrying. As a result of her incredibly shortsighted, childish behavior, all elected members were forbidden from assisting mgmt to learn their job. Think about it. Do you want a union guided manager which fostered better trust between the two entities or a cca that hasn't been trained and has no one to ask how to fix their screw up? The result of her pity fest was the 204b continued to fill in as a temporary mgr and every carrier nation wide was harmed by the loss of ability for stewards to tell mgrs where to find the answers they sought.

Back