• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RHD vehicles

I have a special opportunity, I have 1 of 33 ever produced and sold, Right Hand Drive (RHD) Bikini Blue Peral 4 door Wranglers available! Priced at Invoice for Rural Mail Carriers. Please reach out to me if interested at wyattchatburn@chapmanchoice.com. We also ship if need be. Here is the link to the specs, https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=1C4PJXKN9RW237058
1C4PJXKN9RW237058-3.jpg

1C4PJXKN9RW237058-12.jpg
Lmao!! $54k!! I can't justify spending that much for a route vehicle

@Beanut, you're welcome for the recommendation. Glad it's working out for you. As others have said, grieve not getting your money. It should be $1000. Provide the documentation where it says so. It took me a few months to get mine. When I threatened to contact union, pm finally reached out to person who approves these awards and found out she had never even looked at my original request. Had to resend everything and received my check by the next week.

Can I post a vehicle for sale on here? I have a White 2015 RHD converted Chevrolet City Express Cargo Van for sale. I am the original owner. It has 170,000 miles on it. I bought a table that you can mount in there from the same guy who sold me the conversion kit. (I prefer just using the seat though) I'm asking $8000 OBO. It's located in Alvarado, TX 76009. You can email me: powellcatrose68@yahoo.com

@Beanut, you're welcome for the recommendation. Glad it's working out for you. As others have said, grieve not getting your money. It should be $1000. Provide the documentation where it says so. It took me a few months to get mine. When I threatened to contact union, pm finally reached out to person who approves these awards and found out she had never even looked at my original request. Had to resend everything and received my check by the next week.
DR said I was only eligible for the $500 but ALSO me to grieve IMMEDIATELY.
I gave my PM the grievance for not receiving my incentive payment & he said I’m going to inform the POOM you are filing, “go ahead.”

Within 10 minutes he got a call from POOM who asked him did you follow the instructions on the incentive paperwork? Where it tells him to send it to finance for payment…
He never did. He just emailed the POOM my completed forms and never followed through. Needless to say it was my PM that F’d up again.

🤞hoping to have my incentive payment by next PP.

I’m infuriated, for 5 months he said he’d “look into it”, what did he do!? Sat at his desk and pretended to be busy.

Postal mgmt= MMOORROONN...😡😡😡
It’s been a rough couple weeks in my office. He’s really showed his complete incompetence & I’m done hoping he’ll do the right thing.

My paycheck is wrong every time I have a 2nd trip or anything that I don’t clock in&out from my scanner.
He constantly hands out false information, like to hit PM casing before mapping.

Next time he screws up and doesn’t fix it. I’m filing.

Give it to em, and make it hurt. Postal mgmt has been ruining peoples lives for years...and they so rarely get caught on their own pitard, I would show
NO MERCY...THATS WHAT THEY DO TO US...😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡🤠

1. That "assistance" they offer for conversions and new purchases is nearly useless... they consider it income and it is taxed.

2. Having had a factory RHD Jeep (albeit a 2000 model) I'll never buy another Factory RHD again. Parts availability are a nightmare even if they're available due to pricing. Getting a vehicle converted is the only way to go in my opinion and experience.

3. Japanese Imports - Pass.

1. That "assistance" they offer for conversions and new purchases is nearly useless... they consider it income and it is taxed.

2. Having had a factory RHD Jeep (albeit a 2000 model) I'll never buy another Factory RHD again. Parts availability are a nightmare even if they're available due to pricing. Getting a vehicle converted is the only way to go in my opinion and experience.

3. Japanese Imports - Pass.
1. Yes, its stupid.

2. If you can't find parts for a rhd xj you aren't looking in the right places. The only piece that is hard to find is the mechanical fan bearing bracket and you can just bypass that and run dual electrics. And it is still way cheaper to maintain than anything newer. A converted vehicle is a safety hazard at best.

3. I plan on an import Hiace for my next one. If you plan ahead, parts aren't a problem.

1. Yes, its stupid.

2. If you can't find parts for a rhd xj you aren't looking in the right places. The only piece that is hard to find is the mechanical fan bearing bracket and you can just bypass that and run dual electrics. And it is still way cheaper to maintain than anything newer. A converted vehicle is a safety hazard at best.

3. I plan on an import Hiace for my next one. If you plan ahead, parts aren't a problem.
Only part on my old XJ that became an issue was the Power Steering bracket... they don't make them anymore. Everything else was way more expensive than off the shelf. My time is way more important than finding place to look for parts, the post office gets way more time than I want to give and I'm not willing to give them more in persuit of vehicle parts.

I have a 2005 Honda CRV I've been using for years, converted of course, with absolutely no problem. Never had a "safety" issue - but to each their own.

Good luck and fortune with your import.

Does anyone know if a letter carrier can get help from management to import a newer RHD vehicle from overseas? Currently we only get old vehicles that constantly break down due to flying over rocks on the route.
No need to buy an old RHD vehicle, buy a nice used one and have it converted. These people do a great job.

Way farther then I want to drive when my mechanic can do it
I drove all the way from NY to Mississippi to have my Dodge Caravan converted many years ago by CB Bright. I don't think I could have done the job without dual controls or RHD. No RHD vehicles were available at the time so I headed south to the inventor of dual controls. They worked great and were totally dependable. Morgan uses the same system as CB Bright did in one of their conversion methods using the steel bar for the brakes and gas. Personally, I question the safety and reliability of cables. Morgan does use cables for some vehicles but I would have to get more information before I'd go that route. It's a nice option if you want to pick out a vehicle that suits your finances and one that has a good history if buying used. I guess if you have a mechanic who you can trust to do the job properly and provide you with a safe dual controlled vehicle, go for it.

I drove all the way from NY to Mississippi to have my Dodge Caravan converted many years ago by CB Bright. I don't think I could have done the job without dual controls or RHD. No RHD vehicles were available at the time so I headed south to the inventor of dual controls. They worked great and were totally dependable. Morgan uses the same system as CB Bright did in one of their conversion methods using the steel bar for the brakes and gas. Personally, I question the safety and reliability of cables. Morgan does use cables for some vehicles but I would have to get more information before I'd go that route. It's a nice option if you want to pick out a vehicle that suits your finances and one that has a good history if buying used. I guess if you have a mechanic who you can trust to do the job properly and provide you with a safe dual controlled vehicle, go for it.
I use cables on ranger, bar was not a choice due to the large hump for tranny along the path. Mechsnic tried bar first, I tested it and just say was a little scary. Got it switched to cables no issues since. I keep a spare in vehicle in case one breaks to swap. It’s easily detached from passenger and drive side the entire set up. Takes 10 minutes to do so if I am off for a time.

I use cables on ranger, bar was not a choice due to the large hump for tranny along the path. Mechsnic tried bar first, I tested it and just say was a little scary. Got it switched to cables no issues since. I keep a spare in vehicle in case one breaks to swap. It’s easily detached from passenger and drive side the entire set up. Takes 10 minutes to do so if I am off for a time.
What happens if a cable breaks when you need to stop or need to accelerate?

Although I would personally never use a conversion kit, the fact is that cars only recently went away from cables, for the throttle at least, where they worked reliably for 100+ years, im going to say cables are relatively safe. The throttle, shifter, and TV cables are all original in my 400k xj.

2 cables for each pedal if one breaks not an issue, chance of both failing is really slim. I know if one breaks will be a change amount of pressure needed to stop or go. 2 different lengths, also I can still reach pedals from passenger side just gets my hip hence conversion.

Back