Rhd xj drivers

Unclewolverine

How do you guys have yours set up? I have a piece of plywood with a cup holder screwed to it with a box for sorting out package markers, outgoing mail etc. Then I keep the current handful im working on in a half tray over the e brake handle. Problem is our new oic is really harping on me to take dps to the street and I don't have room for two full size trays. Yeah I know they aren't supposed to be able to make us do that, and I don't want to but in the oic's own words "the steward and I really get along." Whatever new setup i come up with has to be easily removable like this one because its my only ride and gotta transport the kids.

How do you guys have yours set up? I have a piece of plywood with a cup holder screwed to it with a box for sorting out package markers, outgoing mail etc. Then I keep the current handful im working on in a half tray over the e brake handle. Problem is our new oic is really harping on me to take dps to the street and I don't have room for two full size trays. Yeah I know they aren't supposed to be able to make us do that, and I don't want to but in the oic's own words "the steward and I really get along." Whatever new setup i come up with has to be easily removable like this one because its my only ride and gotta transport the kids.
Mine is set up similarly. I put DPS in half trays and then stack. After first one empties, that is where I put markers and missorts. Its all in one place when you return. For me it is way easier than full tray as the mail doesn't slide in the half trays. Use deep trays for flats, after first one empties, put the full half in front and the missort in the back. Hope this helps

Morty

Discover the "why". Are you over 20 minutes past your evaluated leave time every day? Do you exceed your weekly evaluation? Time how long it takes to mark and load your parcels. Is that the issue? Is the mail or parcels the issue? We have a step4 on parcels, add your grievance to it.

Have the manager show you how to safely load DPS. It can't cover your ebrake, it can't be on your lap or on the dash. Let the genius school you.

Go thru your 4240s for the whole year. You need factual numbers.

How do I do it in a RHD? I use the FSS trays, the deep short yellow ones. 2 stacked with flats, and a deep tub sandwiched between that and the dash. DPS goes in 1/2 trays and covers my ebrake(unsafe). There is no safe way to take DPS and if forced, I would file a 1767. Mail isn't the issue, having 3x's my evaluated packages is my problem.

btdtret

Unclewolverine -- " Problem is our new oic is really harping on me to take dps to the street and I don't have room for two full size trays. "

-- First off, DPS can be taken to the streets in POV's, BUT it takes ( quite ) awhile to develop a system to make it work.

-- Point out to the new oic Section 223.1 of the PO-603 - in part: In all three casing systems, you may case delivery point sequences mail, AT YOUR OPTION, in accordance with 15 - Schedules.

-- Ask the new oic what is the REAL reason to force you to take DPS to the street.

-- There are several Step 4's ( such as C-14, C-158, D-13, D-15 ) that lay out SPECIFIC reasons that a carrier could be directed to take DPS to the street. BTW - ask for any direct order to take DPS to the street to be put in writing and signed by the new oic.

-- As mentioned in previous postings, ask the oic on the best way to set up your vehicle to take DPS to the street --after all he/she is the "expert" in all thing rural.

-- Has the USPS provided flashing or strobe lights for your POV? If not why not.

-- As the "Galligan Letter" ( Step 4 ( C-14 )) in part noted: The decision to carry DPS directly to the street should be made on a CASE-BY-CASE basis AND MAY NOT MINIMIZE total actual work hours if the carrier normally cases the DPS mail and WILL NOT PERFORM EFFICIENTLY on the street. ( used to be that missing a few dispatch trucks would end the taking of DPS to the streets, but that probably won't work any longer as collected mail has spent the night in the post office without any problems )

-- Another Thread mentioned the office was going to be visited by "experts" who were going to show the carriers how to work more efficiently.

-- Any other carriers getting the same attention from the new oic? If not, could be a grievance for disparate treatment.

-- To add to "Morty's" " Is the mail or parcels the issue?" Are the clerks getting mail, flats, and parcels sorted in a timely manner that allows you to leave for the streets per the 4240?

" in the oic's own words "the steward and I really get along."

-- Your response should you choose: "That's nice and I have the MPOO's and POOM's phone numbers on speed dial!"

-- Good luck.

Unclewolverine

I'm an rca, but most of the time I'm under evaluation. I think she doesn't like me in the office so long, im always the last one out. I put my own flashing led lights on because the stupid yellow magnet one the po gives us is crap. You think they would treat me a little better since I'm the last rca they have.