• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RRECS carrier validation of the "numbers"

DB.Cooper

I've seen this mentioned in some other RRECS threads... but rather than hijacking and taking them too far off in to left field.... I thought I'd start a separate thread....

So has anybody heard how we will be able to validate or verify the numbers used to arrive at our new RRECS evals???

I mean, these are gonna be numbers that are gathered for several months.... how can we know that they are correct????

I recall reading quite a while back, that a lack of transparency was a NRLCA concern about this new system... has there ever been anything done to address this concern???

Anybody ever hear any solid rumors or speculation about this topic??? And even if not, what is your opinion???? ?

We have to trust the scanner and it's ability to be accurate. :rolleyes:

This is really unsettling for people trying to plan out their livelihood.
Does anyone actually trust these scanners to be 100% accurate? And even if we are issued a new generation of scanners, the new scanners would be "rolled" out gradually across districts so some carriers would be paid off of old scanners and some off of new scanners. I do not have ANY trust in the ability of these scanners to be 100% accurate 100% of the time.

What about the inside count for our mail, it is never put down accurately. What I believe my PM is doing is when a package doesn't have a scan even if its priority does not get into my parcel count, when we have a flat (parcel) that can't be bent to put into the case she still puts it in our flats, the other one is epackets she scribbles out 50 percent of them, little does she know that those still scan(lol). Hard to say how much inches to feet of mail she is taken off our routes. The clerk is spot on the only problem I have with her is her pet peeve is on another route I can see our volume going to this route to try and beef her route up, pet peeve route is shy an hour from dropping to a J. I just don't like this at all.

I currently don't pay any attention to the "inside" numbers they generate at the PO.... I figure it's really of no great consequence at this point.... but, with RRECS, I assume they will have some impact....

These are the things I'm thinking about now... should we be given these numbers daily, so we can validate them.... hail, I haven't seen an EOR for DPS in forever.... I suppose I could ask for it, but otherwise, we don't see them.... should we??? ?

I currently don't pay any attention to the "inside" numbers they generate at the PO.... I figure it's really of no great consequence at this point.... but, with RRECS, I assume they will have some impact....

These are the things I'm thinking about now... should we be given these numbers daily, so we can validate them.... hail, I haven't seen an EOR for DPS in forever.... I suppose I could ask for it, but otherwise, we don't see them.... should we??? ?
I just don't see carriers validating numbers on a daily basis, in large numbers. It's a grind during a mail count. Imagine trying to do it for 49-52 weeks. Then tracking the numbers. Is the system designed to leave us out?
Maybe have some type of report where we could see the trends on our route. Not a "surprise", here's your new evaluation.

I just don't see carriers validating numbers on a daily basis, in large numbers. It's a grind during a mail count. Imagine trying to do it for 49-52 weeks. Then tracking the numbers. Is the system designed to leave us out?
Maybe have some type of report where we could see the trends on our route. Not a "surprise", here's your new evaluation.

Our pay depends on it, but we're left out of any sort of verification that the numbers are right.... that's a radical change from the current eval system... and in my opinion, not a change for the better.... mngt has shown us under the current system how much we can (Not!) trust them... so what will they do when nobody can even look over their shoulders or question them.... BOHICA....

Our pay depends on it, but we're left out of any sort of verification that the numbers are right.... that's a radical change from the current eval system... and in my opinion, not a change for the better.... mngt has shown us under the current system how much we can (Not!) trust them... so what will they do when nobody can even look over their shoulders or question them.... BOHICA....

Don't hold your breath on this one....Imagine if the rrecshit had a system like DPS review...You challenge and they have to show two weeks of actual numbers, mileage, etc...Nah...NRLCA ain't smart enough to get this protection for us...

Wonder how much local management is being left in the dark on RRECS as well. Hard enough for some of them to tell time, let alone explain how the new watch woks.

Last edited:
Wonder how much local management is being left in the dark on RRECS as well. Hard enough for some of them to tell tme, let alone explain how the new watch woks.
So far I think my mngt peep is pretty much in the dark about it.... all they seem to know is that they told us to drive the routes in accordance with the 4003.... and now they are saying the District is scrutinizing edit books.... but other than that, I don't think they know anything about RRECS....

I'm still not clear where RRECS will get numbers for things like flats, for offices like mine that do not have FSS... will this be something counted locally???

I hope this beast is at least a couple of years from being implemented.... seems like it's gonna be a real goat grope....

Back