RRECs Entries More detailed FAQ

RR5

So we were told by the association at first, no worry, that parcels will be credited accordingly by the address of the parcel. Now they say it's imperative that the carrier is logged on the appropriate route number so that it will be credited properly. This crap stinks more and more. Subs in my office have taken multiple routes out and don't change routes over the last 12 months. City carriers etc. How can they use the last 12 months of parcels data when you know alot of parcels were delivered not logged on the correct route? The rules are constantly changing, carriers aren't trained about all this, and there's no concern from management and the association. Just do the 6 scans you all! Seems like everyday we get talked to about spms scans which isn't difficult, but nothing about rrecs which is. Why do you think that?

mail1000

So we were told by the association at first, no worry, that parcels will be credited accordingly by the address of the parcel. Now they say it's imperative that the carrier is logged on the appropriate route number so that it will be credited properly. This crap stinks more and more. Subs in my office have taken multiple routes out and don't change routes over the last 12 months. City carriers etc. How can they use the last 12 months of parcels data when you know alot of parcels were delivered not logged on the correct route? The rules are constantly changing, carriers aren't trained about all this, and there's no concern from management and the association. Just do the 6 scans you all! Seems like everyday we get talked to about spms scans which isn't difficult, but nothing about rrecs which is. Why do you think that?
Oh my...I wasnt aware of that...from say end of October thru January last year many subs took parcel runs and did NOT scan on my route-this IS NOT RIGHT- and not carriers fault...these rules need changed immediately!!! And they need to make sure they go back the 52 weeks and credit CORRECTLY!!!!!!!

She mails rural

I personally think the program isn't up and running properly even at this current date. That to me means they are going to have to rely more on our six scans to try and make an evaluation out of all this garbage. Instead of just telling us the truth and we all know what's really going on they choose to hide things behind the curtain. I say just be honest and give us heads up so we know what we are looking at so we can prepare to deal with it. I guess they are worried everyone will file a grievance but what their not thinking about is that may still happen and really already should of is just my opinion.

mail1000

Something needs to be done about this...this is BIG...no telling how many routes had help last 52 weeks of data especially during Christmas and was not scanned in on the route...could be a major loss/problem for counts!

RDruckus

"WSS saturation mailings are never processed on postal equipment?"

The author of that statement has obviously never seen what our plant does to the mail!
An inside source told me they break up walking sequenced mail and run it to get more hours.
If they didn't process the WSS mail, how could they invert them, get the order mixed up and even turn them backwards?

Last edited:

Rt2mailman

The parcels are credited per route, when help is given. What is missed, and of great value, is the loading and end of shift duties. If an RCA takes 2/3 route’s parcels with him, which route gets the load/end of shift duties? Only one route, the others get nothing. Which one gets the unscanned parcels, again only the logged into route. This type Aux help and city carrier help is ruining the Rrecs evaluation for the routes involved. If the city carriers scanned as we do, it would be fine, but many don’t even set up their scanners as RURAL routes. If aux help is given one route at a time, start to finish (at the office), then all credit would be captured, but I don’t see that happening.

Worve

The parcels are credited per route, when help is given. What is missed, and of great value, is the loading and end of shift duties. If an RCA takes 2/3 route’s parcels with him, which route gets the load/end of shift duties? Only one route, the others get nothing. Which one gets the unscanned parcels, again only the logged into route. This type Aux help and city carrier help is ruining the Rrecs evaluation for the routes involved. If the city carriers scanned as we do, it would be fine, but many don’t even set up their scanners as RURAL routes. If aux help is given one route at a time, start to finish (at the office), then all credit would be captured, but I don’t see that happening.
All rcas doing a route should be using load end load return to unit for whichever part they do. All of that time does count for that route if they are all logged in properly. As far as parcels by route it is the way we do it and annoys management to no end. We all also use load end load when Helping with just parcels on routes. May take a while but re training so to speak of rcas in your office is needed IMO. if they are all ready worked like dogs it’s going to be hard. If they want more hours it will be easy IMO.

RR5

It says that it is imperative that the carrier is logged into the correct route so that the SCANS are credited to the proper route, not load time and end of route duties. I don't believe anything that comes from management and the association when it comes to these questionable areas of rrecs. The only way we are going to know for sure is if we have the days data available to us to check when these sort of things happen. But the language sure sounds like it's talking about the parcel scans which makes sense. A city CCA isn't going to hit begin load, end load, depart to, return, pm casing, clock out etc. In my mind, all these parcels nationwide that carriers weren't logged in the correct route over the past 12 months are GONE. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so unless you can prove it to me

mail1000

It says that it is imperative that the carrier is logged into the correct route so that the SCANS are credited to the proper route, not load time and end of route duties. I don't believe anything that comes from management and the association when it comes to these questionable areas of rrecs. The only way we are going to know for sure is if we have the days data available to us to check when these sort of things happen. But the language sure sounds like it's talking about the parcel scans which makes sense. A city CCA isn't going to hit begin load, end load, depart to, return, pm casing, clock out etc. In my mind, all these parcels nationwide that carriers weren't logged in the correct route over the past 12 months are GONE. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so unless you can prove it to me
Exactly-thats just it-how do we know if they are logged in to the right route- for that route to get credit? ..no way for us to know now..mustless data from a year ago if they were...

Edge

At first I thought maybe a miscommunication on the wording, but it does say that it’s imperative for credit. 🤔

Besides an RCA or someone delivering your parcels, anything that someone picks up at the window or is delivered like afternoon express etc you won’t get any credit. I believe they previously stated we would get credit for ANY delivery made to an address on our route regardless who makes the delivery 🤔

Makes me wonder about the several parcels a day I get that aren’t on my package lookahead. No credit? 🤔

RR5

Everyone should be filing a grievance on this one. No way they should be able to go back and use 12 months of data for parcels when no one knew the carrier running parcels on your route had to be logged into your route. We had covid issues at my office and city side was used often on the rural side. Subs at Christmas loading truck with 4 different routes and not changing routes. Other offices near me that are still getting crushed with Amazon have subs running parcels all day long. Rrecs needs to die, put a fork in it, but I'm afraid it won't because upper management can tweak the numbers anytime they want

gotstamps

“SCANS” is referring to the RRECS Scans, not the delivery scans. A better word for these RRECS Selections should have been chosen to deter this type of confusion.

Sprinter8

I BELIEVE ANYONE DELIVERING SCANNABLE MAIL/PACKAGES - YES, EVEN THE JANITOR DELIVERING EXPRESS MAIL, SHOULD LOG INTO THE DESIGNATED ROUTE THE ITEM BELONGS TO. I HAVE QUESTIONED HANGING SCAN WITH PM AND BEEN TOLD IT WAS EXPRESS MAIL DELIVERED PRIOR AFTERNOON.