• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RRECS: Form Time

C$$

***************** EDIT 10 Jun 2022 ***************************
I decided markups should have a separate thread.

I've updated this thread with info from the comprehensive guide

****************** END EDIT *********************************

I've been going through the study results. The next sections (Ref Nos 11-14) are dealing with forms. I've decided to lump them together:

* Change of Address
* PARS Label (Form 3982)
* Clearance slips (Form 3821)

Current Eval System:

18 minutes weekly (3 minutes per day)
Change of Address --> 2.0 minutes per form
PARs --> 0.25 per form
Clearance receipt --> 2 minutes per

Under RRECS:

Change of Address and clearance receipt are part of end of shift duties and paid actual time.
Gain a little time on each PARS label too.

The program is here. You will need:

1) Number of change of addresses processed
2) PARS labels processed
3) Clearance receipts processed
4) End of Shift Time spend on change of address and clearance receipts

Here is an example

Code:
const CHANGE_OF_ADDRESS = 1
const PARS_LABELS = 10
const CLEARANCE_RECEIPTS = 1

const EOS_TIME = 2
 Your previous Change of Address time was 12.00 minutes per week
 Your previous Clearance Receipt time was 12.00 minutes per week
 Your previous PARS Label time was 15.00 minutes per week
 Your TOTAL previous form time was was 39.00 minutes per week

Your new PARS Label time is 24.30 minutes per week
 Your new End of Shift for change of address and clearance receipts is 12.00 minutes per week
 Your TOTAL new Form time is 36.30 minutes per week

You will lose 2.70 minutes per week

Last edited:
C$$ -- Change of Address under the current system is listed on the 4241-M in Column 11 as Wkly Avg ( 2.0 ) ( as in 2 minutes per )

-- Under RRECS -- COA's just lumped together in "End Of Shift Activities."

-- Apparently whatever comprises "End Of Shift Activites" as yet to be addressed / determined.

-- As I was departing the organzation, Change of Address forms all but disappeared from the lobby. Clerks were instructed to keep them under their work area so customers had to ask for them. Could be the USPS is planning to go all on-line for customers to make a Change of Address. Of course, back then the USPS had a $1 credit fee to change an address.

-- Back then, "End of Shift Activities" included:

-- no idea if the separation of mail pieces picked up on the route would be included.

- getting cleared by the Accountable Clerk ( who was right there at count, but for the rest of the year was scheduled on the window starting at 3 pm! )
- taking care of any mail brought back - items found in DPS or previously mis-delivered mail pieces ( it happens )
- putting the parcel buggy / hamper / pumpkin back it its proper slot ( for us it was the center of the work floor where clerks threw parcels )
- putting away trays. ( PM said only hard plastic trays at the case - as long as they were upside down! Soft plastic trays kept in a central location. Forget to get the deep plastic trays first thing in the morning, then stuck with the shallower DPS trays )
- getting scans cleared by manglement
- cradle the scanner - after getting cleared by manglement
- record Change of Address(es ) on the Pink Cards
- put COA form in the mail stream
- setting up a tray or tub for a customer's hold mail
- tidying up the work area
- we had a parcel buggy for parcels brought back because we'd find a customer's Hold Card request starting that day and they were gone.
- a visit to the office if there was a "See Me" post-it on the case
- if needed, write up a vehcile repair tag request
- take customer's stamp order ( Orange envelope ) to a location near the front window so clerks could fill it ( got it back the next day from the Accountable Clerk ) ( I kept a "reasonable" amount of stamp books with me, but never any rolls. And plenty of 1-, 2-, and 3- cent stamps for rate changes )

-- any other "taskings"? Yes -- updating labels or installing a new set. Uppdating the Edit Book.

-- The above got really challengine when the PM got on a kick that carriers had 10 minutes ( or less ) to leave the building after returning from the streets. Only lasted a few days!

Last edited:
Yes, that's how I see this happening. I think the engineers just allowed a whole bunch of things to be put under this end of shift activities but when it finally happens mgt will be pushing us out the door.

Back