• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

RRECS Shell Game

One of the main reasons I opposed the contract was the elimination of mail counts with ZERO guarantees RRECS would be implemented.
And zero guarantees that the information used to generate the evaluations was accurate, complete, timely. We appear to be at full mercy of "postal systems and management" for whatever spits out. If all this was FULLY transparent, I'd not be so riled up.

well as a regular carrier you basically can’t ever take off.

you have a sub running your route who is ONLY required to do six scans.. and if they are splitting the route it all gets loaded up under one routes. So basically we are F

imagine being out for surgery for awhile then to come back and lose five hours.

I don’t understand how it’s legal for them to do this.

Yes, RRECS implementation was presumed regardless of ratification (though both sides could pull out), but safeguards on side concepts through MOUs wasn't forbidden. Safeguard MOUs were a neglected part of the contract.

I suppose RRECS-related safeguards also seem irrelevant to you though. With your occasional "See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!" and, "show me the money" talk, you'll probably be out the door before the dust even settles. 🤔 🤦‍♂️ :rolleyes: 😏
All the noisy, "Im gonna retire folks," seem to never leave. LOl!

you have a sub running your route who is ONLY required to do six scans.. and if they are splitting the route it all gets loaded up under one routes. So basically we are F

It's similar to management's often lackadaisical approach to carrier's who work off the clock. In those situations, it's more beneficial for the company to turn a blind eye to free labor.

At best, they'll wag a finger, throw their arms in the air, and lament how "they tried."

How screwed are peeps with a Monday K day, or if they take off after a holiday???? :unsure: 🤷‍♂️🤨

Bohica. My k day is tuesdays the day after most holidays but I have been told that I will be required to work them for the remainder of the year because someone with more seniority wants off. Haven’t signed the rdwl and the steward doesn’t want to follow through with a grievance. What is my $40ish a paycheck going towards then?

well, if you aren't on the rdwl, you can be forced in by juniority.

so, there's that.

but then again, leave cannot be approved more than 60 days in advance.

if your stew won't work your grievance, go up the chain.
I went on the RDWL because I was forced to work my Saturday every week anyways.

Here is the problem though: I am in an RMPO. I am the only full route. We also have an AUX route. The AUX carrier is listed at my Sub.

The AUX carrier never, ever works any other routes other than mine or his. Therefore, every Saturday he should be technically available to cover my route. However, if the APO can't scrounge someone up to cover the AUX, they tell me no one is available to cover my route and I'm forced to work. As I am the only route, I am the most senior AND most junior.

As a side note, the two routes combined equal like 11.9 hours. So technically they could schedule the AUX carrier to carry both. I'm not going to push that though as he is a good guy and pretty dang reliable. Plus, those evaluations are both pre-Amazon drops. His 4 hour AUX is evaluated at 18 parcels. He routinely gets 100 or more. If we would have had a mail count his route would probably be nearly a 6 hour route and mine a 9 hour route. Not going to put him through that...

I wonder if the current economic situation, 2020 issues and current employee shortage are making the USPS and Union reconsider things. I assume they knew RRECS could/would lead to losing some employees as evaluations fell, but perhaps the increased cost of living plus increases in pay at other places has meant that more employees than acceptable would leave.

Anyone else notice the Union pulled their post down on Facebook regarding signing up for tee times at National? It wasn’t received well out of the gate. Planning a golf tourney but no verifiable rrecs data as promised, solid info on back pay, or insert any other short coming here. I’m still waiting for all these videos Ronnie said he was going to make from his desk. We got one during Christmas and he promised many more.

Anyone else notice the Union pulled their post down on Facebook regarding signing up for tee times at National? It wasn’t received well out of the gate. Planning a golf tourney but no verifiable rrecs data as promised, solid info on back pay, or insert any other short coming here. I’m still waiting for all these videos Ronnie said he was going to make from his desk. We got one during Christmas and he promised many more.
Ronnie is too busy making Peach Bellini for tee time.

Back