Rural Carriers and the upcoming food drive

blamethesub

Got a stand-up talk about the food drive this morning. They want us to separate out any food donation that contains powder (cake mix, baby formula etc) to assure it will not break open and cause a "powder scare."

btdtret

blamethesub et al -- "Got a stand-up talk about the food drive this morning. They want us to separate out any food donation that contains powder (cake mix, baby formula etc) to assure it will not break open and cause a "powder scare.""

-- No problem, just have an 8127 or 1314-A ready for me to sign when I get back from food collections.

Travelingmailman

Tick tock...looks like soggy boxes of scratch & dent....I might as well take lunch on Saturday to further support the abolishment of food security...or bring a spoon?

PostalServiceEmployeeNewman

I know that this has long past but this idea is bleeping terrible! On this day for me this year, I had a ton of mail and Amazon parcels of course. I was picking up at every 4th house. What a pain it was to find a place to put this stuff that wouldnt get in my way.

Sure they could do this years ago. But with Amazon, this is the worst idea ever. Cant wait next year to volunteer my time while I'm trying to work lmao

realroutecarrier

I know that this has long past but this idea is bleeping terrible! On this day for me this year, I had a ton of mail and Amazon parcels of course. I was picking up at every 4th house. What a pain it was to find a place to put this stuff that wouldnt get in my way.

Sure they could do this years ago. But with Amazon, this is the worst idea ever. Cant wait next year to volunteer my time while I'm trying to work lmao
I don’t even pass the cards out anymore, I just stop by Kroger and spend 60 or 70 dollars on the 10 for 10 deals and bring it on in the office! That way I don’t feel bad nor do I kill myself trying to fight with that mess in my car! 😃 is that legal? Lol