• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Scanner

Skierstmoritz

It's been almost 2 months (January 22) since I asked this question. Has any office received the new scanner yet? 2 months ago, no had received the new scanner yet. What say ye now? We haven't! We are in the northeast

gotstamps et al -- "[ new scanners ] Not due to disburse until March 23. "

-- So who gets them first, the city side or the rural side?

-- Or does the city gets them first and the rural side gets the city side's old ones -- sort of like the hand-me-down LLV's?

marked et al -- "Our manager is ordering holsters for our current scanners since no rural has them. Knows nothing about getting any new scanners."

-- Hopefully the new scanners will be slightly smaller so they may have chance of fitting in the old holsters.

marked et al -- "Our manager is ordering holsters for our current scanners since no rural has them. Knows nothing about getting any new scanners."

-- Hopefully the new scanners will be slightly smaller so they may have chance of fitting in the old holsters.
With maybe enough room for the spray. extra pens 3849s. Z I hope they are as tuff and easy to work . and ruff and ruff. I keep dropping my current brick. It takes a good bouncing.

Last article I read was 70k of these units will be presented from late March to June. No mention of who gets first dibs. So I imagine a slow implementation across the land just like the old scanner and phone marriage thing was sent to the wayside. The more remote the longer the wait from what I can recall from posts on this site.

I personally am hoping for all Rurals to have them soon, since the time line of all Rural routes mapping is allegedly supposed to be complete by the end of the year.

New scanner can't come soon enough, my current brick crashes at least once a day. 8127 time, but still it gets old sitting on a busy highway while it reboots.
I hit the lookahead today, and the little twirling balls just twirled on and on.... had to hit escape about ten time to get back to something useable.... technology and USPS... are like oil and water... they don't mix.... :rolleyes:

It's been almost 2 months (January 22) since I asked this question. Has any office received the new scanner yet? 2 months ago, no had received the new scanner yet. What say ye now? We haven't! We are in the northeast
Abrasive PM mentioned in today's stand up that we were supposed to get the new scanners this May.
Apparently the C19 pandemic has changed that time line.

Back