• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Seasonal Hires

btdtret

All -- UPS planning on hiring about 100,000 part time "elves" for the 2019 Christmas "Crunch" time. Pay? Between $14 and $30 an hour.

-- With the USPS seemingly unable to hire one RCA due to its various screen testings, one has to assume that UPS is not going to be ( overly ) picky.

-- Thanks to the calendar, the shorter holiday shipping season for UPS runs from 25 NOV through 02 JAN. Yet almost 3 weeks longer than the Rural holiday season.

We had a crop of RCA's that were recently hired. Most of them are gone. Many have been recruited to the City side.

Does the Postal Service use 90 day temporary employees anymore? If they did hire 90 day temporary could they do craft work? Would they be easier to hire?

Unemployment is pretty low in many parts of the country, I do not see the PO hiring temps these days, that would mean extra work for underworked/overpayed lower mgt !!

Last edited:
I had a friend a few years back take the temp job. He walked thru the door, got hired. Had to wait a week for background check, but was being trained in the interim.

He's now a regular making $80+k a year...

And Ive worked for USPS twice as long and make 1/2 as much...

*but he doesn't get home till 8pm or after every night. So there's that. His kids never see him. But if he's smart, he should be putting away his check into investments since his wife makes the same.

All -- News item: Target stores looking to hire 130,000 seasonal workers.

-- The hiring pool seems to be drying up for the USPS.

-- USPS has put out a call of Christmas "seasonal" workers in the state of Hawai'i.

I had a friend a few years back take the temp job. He walked thru the door, got hired. Had to wait a week for background check, but was being trained in the interim.

He's now a regular making $80+k a year...

And Ive worked for USPS twice as long and make 1/2 as much...

*but he doesn't get home till 8pm or after every night. So there's that. His kids never see him. But if he's smart, he should be putting away his check into investments since his wife makes the same.
He is pretty obtuse. What good is the money if your kids don't see you? My old man, on his death bed, said his greatest regret in life was not spending more time with the kids. DON'T let that happen to you!

Service talk today, "if we know ANY retired Postal Workers that would like to work this Holiday Season, have them apply".

It seems most of the work is in the inside of the PO, as in Clerks and Mail handlers.

But like my PM said "I am sure most of the people that retired it was because of the Holiday Season"

Back