• Please keep questions in the Questions forum to contract, procedures, and requests for documentation. Vehicle, TSP, retirement, etc questions please post in the regular forums. Thank you

Second Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey94

Best answers
For a reg carrier 2 minutes/mile, so you get paid 32 minutes plus the miles (ema) and however long it takes to load the packages in the vehicle. 16 miles x whatever the ema rate is these days .70/mile or so.

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
Best answers
For a reg carrier 2 minutes/mile, so you get paid 32 minutes plus the miles (ema) and however long it takes to load the packages in the vehicle. 16 miles x whatever the ema rate is these days .70/mile or so.
Great & thanks!
Since I wasn't paid anything, how should I word my grievance when I submit it?

gotstamps

Best answers
Great & thanks!
Simple question... “Does a Carrier have the right to be paid for Second Trips?”

You should have noted in the comments section “2nd trip= 16 miles+ ## loading time”. If the 2nd trit was not annotated on your 4240, there is no proof for a grievance.

Personally, I calculate it out for them... 16 mi x 2= 32+ 10 min load= 42 min 2nd trip. I have an LLV so no EMA is warranted.
For POV routes, extra EMA is only paid if the total daily miles is over 40 miles.

Old Fart

Best answers
I guess, you would have to cite in the contract what we are supposed to be paid for 2nd trips. What you have to write needs to be in a form of a question and in a timely manner within 14 days. Good Luck !
This is where your (uh) trusty ADR comes in, they are supposed to be the best at wording grievances so they get the win by using contractual specifics.

Old Fart

Best answers

You should have noted in the comments section “2nd trip= 16 miles+ ## loading time”. If the 2nd trit was not annotated on your 4240, there is no proof for a grievance.

Personally, I calculate it out for them... 16 mi x 2= 32+ 10 min load= 42 min 2nd trip. I have an LLV so no EMA is warranted.
For POV routes, extra EMA is only paid if the total daily miles is over 40 miles.
I'd annotate on 4240, take a picture of such, and photo the mileage on your LLV, using scanner end of day reading which shows total mileage.

Morty

Best answers
Great & thanks!
Sure!

4) Did management fail to follow its own handbook F21 563.3 by not following directions and refusing and withholding pay due the carrier?

Find it, read it, google it.

Remedy: management to follow its own rules as laid out in the F21 563.3. Management will pay carrier 2 minutes per mile and actual loading time. X miles times 2 minutes plus x loading time to be paid out in the current pay period. Any future violations will result in a progressive monetary penalty.

Old Fart

Best answers
Second trips rarely happen in our offices (though all LLV so space isn't as big an issue continually) The PM's allow RCA's to sweep routes for larges and heavies on days that they won't fit into the regular's vehicle. They do this not out of kindness, but when a claim for second trip is made through payroll bells, whistles, fire alarms, disaster signals flash throughout the sky. By avoiding these trips they avoid the 3 hour tongue lashings on telecons.

We've been averaging 250-300 scans and leaving one or three behind as they just won't fit. It's also more efficient for RCA's to make one load of huge parcels instead of every carrier driving 20+ miles each.

Voglio-il mio

Best answers
Second trips rarely happen in our offices (though all LLV so space isn't as big an issue continually) The PM's allow RCA's to sweep routes for larges and heavies on days that they won't fit into the regular's vehicle. They do this not out of kindness, but when a claim for second trip is made through payroll bells, whistles, fire alarms, disaster signals flash throughout the sky. By avoiding these trips they avoid the 3 hour tongue lashings on telecons.

We've been averaging 250-300 scans and leaving one or three behind as they just won't fit. It's also more efficient for RCA's to make one load of huge parcels instead of every carrier driving 20+ miles each.
Clock will be turned back soon, what we do is leave all to the door packages for the last 25% to 30% of the route for the RCA to deliver. This way should we still be delivering after dark we will reduce our time spent and also reduce possibility of injury under difficult visibility. They come in, use our LLV to deliver while we are casing. What they can't get done or continue to do more they will do in their POV. We have never done second trips!

Old Fart

Best answers
Clock will be turned back soon, what we do is leave all to the door packages for the last 25% to 30% of the route for the RCA to deliver. This way should we still be delivering after dark we will reduce our time spent and also reduce possibility of injury under difficult visibility. They come in, use our LLV to deliver while we are casing. What they can't get done or continue to do more they will do in their POV. We have never done second trips!
Sounds like your PM is somewhat reasonable! We do the same (RCA deliveries while regular cases) when darkness hits, basically for safety. In our area we now have to be especially aware, as the motorized bicycles ridden by young persons and teens who have no concept of road rules are a real hazard. Darkness makes this worse.

Cliff Clavin

Staff member
Best answers

You should have noted in the comments section “2nd trip= 16 miles+ ## loading time”. If the 2nd trip was not annotated on your 4240, there is no proof for a grievance.

If the 2nd trip was not annotated on your 4240, there is no proof for a grievance. It is definitely on my 4240 which I have a copy of annotated as "2nd Trip 16 miles"

My calculllation I think is: 16 miles x 2 = 32 minutes (for 2nd. trip)
Load Time = 10 minutes
Total 42 minutes Plus POV EMA of 16 miles @ $0.705

Status
Not open for further replies.