shooting myself in the foot. its what i do.

johnwayne

i work in a remote one route office. had some scanning problems, so i divised a plan. i would use one scanner for the main part of the route, and the spare scanner for the ten minutes i have to change the route #. Except i forgot to log off the second scanner. pm calls me today, says i have two instances of sudden deceleration. one at 140 pm on the bigger part of the route. and one at 240 pm on the smaller part. problem is..the small part of the route is 5 cbus set up in the middle of a tiny town. I get there at 11 am. I still am at a loss about the sudden stops. but im confused on why one would be off one scanner, and the other of the 2nd..

RDruckus

So, the second one, if real, should have been on both scammers!

Maybe you didn't shoot yourself in the foot! Maybe you put some rock salt in their backsides!

johnwayne

Did you log on the 2nd scanner at the onset of other part?
log on one scanner to start route. log on to second scanner in middle of route to do the 5 cbus. should have logged off second scanner and finished route with first, but didnt. was logged on to two scanners at the same time for about 3 hours.

muttleycrue

i work in a remote one route office. had some scanning problems, so i divised a plan. i would use one scanner for the main part of the route, and the spare scanner for the ten minutes i have to change the route #. Except i forgot to log off the second scanner. pm calls me today, says i have two instances of sudden deceleration. one at 140 pm on the bigger part of the route. and one at 240 pm on the smaller part. problem is..the small part of the route is 5 cbus set up in the middle of a tiny town. I get there at 11 am. I still am at a loss about the sudden stops. but im confused on why one would be off one scanner, and the other of the 2nd..
is it possible the time is off by 1 hour on one of the scanners? with the incidents reported at 1:40 and 2:40 (if those are actual times, exactly 1 hour apart?), it's the same deceleration? did they give you a location for these two decelerations?

Just a theory.

johnwayne

is it possible the time is off by 1 hour on one of the scanners? with the incidents reported at 1:40 and 2:40 (if those are actual times, exactly 1 hour apart?), it's the same deceleration? did they give you a location for these two decelerations?

Just a theory.
no location. this happened saturday. but the time on the scanners was correct today. Im going to try to get some information from my favorite clerk tomorrow

Morty

2 issues:

Why are you being called, at home off the clock for this?

Are we not allowed to de accelerate?

Both issues ive won in the grievance process. And you can too😁

johnwayne

2 issues:

Why are you being called, at home off the clock for this?

Are we not allowed to de accelerate?

Both issues ive won in the grievance process. And you can too😁
i was not called at home. im now required to get cleared of all scans before i leave the post office. which was when i was notified of the sudden stop.

i have not been disciplined. just warned.

jtcrapper

call area Stewart they have info not shared with locals for some reason explain that it appears your being singled out and we need to get this stopped now and 8127 every day while the scanner is cleared keep track of the time 8127 is now my best friend most of the B.S. has passed me over the last few weeks