Sick leave question..

TonyD

I was wondering can we use all of our sick leave before retirement? For example if I have one year worth of SL, can I take it all at once before my retire date?

btdtret

TonyD -- "I was wondering can we use all of our sick leave before retirement? For example if I have one year worth of SL, can I take it all at once before my retire date? "

-- Willing to risk not being really sick or getting injured before retirement?

-- To be clear: Are you talking about 13 days of sick leave or you have 365 days of sick leave, as both represent one year worth of SL.

-- Depending on office manning, manglement MAY allow you to take 13 days off leading up to retirement.

-- In the other case, very doubtful you could get a year off using accumulated sick leave -- unless you go over to the "dark side" and become a member of manglement.

PastOThirty

.. Or your doctor tells you that accumulated wear and injury requires surgery, or some other long term recovery condition. Get well before you stop working, but do it before you want to exit to not delay that exit. The insurance and pay is a lot better while employed than when you aren't.

gotstamps

TonyD -- "I was wondering can we use all of our sick leave before retirement? For example if I have one year worth of SL, can I take it all at once before my retire date? "

-- Willing to risk not being really sick or getting injured before retirement?

-- To be clear: Are you talking about 13 days of sick leave or you have 365 days of sick leave, as both represent one year worth of SL.

-- Depending on office manning, manglement MAY allow you to take 13 days off leading up to retirement.

-- In the other case, very doubtful you could get a year off using accumulated sick leave -- unless you go over to the "dark side" and become a member of manglement.
We’ve had Carriers take 3 months of SL before retirement & others only 1 month. Depends on mgmt.