• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Sick leave question..

TonyD

I was wondering can we use all of our sick leave before retirement? For example if I have one year worth of SL, can I take it all at once before my retire date?

TonyD -- "I was wondering can we use all of our sick leave before retirement? For example if I have one year worth of SL, can I take it all at once before my retire date? "

-- Willing to risk not being really sick or getting injured before retirement?

-- To be clear: Are you talking about 13 days of sick leave or you have 365 days of sick leave, as both represent one year worth of SL.

-- Depending on office manning, manglement MAY allow you to take 13 days off leading up to retirement.

-- In the other case, very doubtful you could get a year off using accumulated sick leave -- unless you go over to the "dark side" and become a member of manglement.

TonyD -- "I was wondering can we use all of our sick leave before retirement? For example if I have one year worth of SL, can I take it all at once before my retire date? "

-- Willing to risk not being really sick or getting injured before retirement?

-- To be clear: Are you talking about 13 days of sick leave or you have 365 days of sick leave, as both represent one year worth of SL.

-- Depending on office manning, manglement MAY allow you to take 13 days off leading up to retirement.

-- In the other case, very doubtful you could get a year off using accumulated sick leave -- unless you go over to the "dark side" and become a member of manglement.
We’ve had Carriers take 3 months of SL before retirement & others only 1 month. Depends on mgmt.

Back