Simplified Mapping

Joe Reeser

Since the contract was ratified, I guess we're all busy doing "A simplified mapping process [that] will be developed and made available to begin route data population no later than August 30, 2019." Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?

I mean...the RRECS MOU...We have an agreement. Right?

Last edited:

R5

Every deadline has been tossed in the trash, starting with the deadline of 2015 for this study to be completed and up and running, I say it's pretty apparent that this system is just too complex for this to work. With driving speeds between boxes, footage up driveways and back, footage to the door and back, small parcel to large parcel, no barcode parcel, boxes not served each day, time for red lights and stop signs, daily inputs required everyday for about everything we do, scan this scan that, etc etc etc........This needs to be halted for the time being, and they should tweak a few things with the evaluation system until the engineer study can be determined to be 100% accurate and dependable which ain't going to happen. Just the change parcels to door time from 30 seconds to 3 minutes or whatever would solve most of the problem with our system. It just baffles the crap out of me how the association either didn't try or could't prove that 10 seconds on the street to deliver a parcel to the door wasn't sufficient. How hard is that? How many contracts over the last 25 years have we had with no change in 10 seconds. Really tough one to prove. Totally worthless association! In bed with the usps, must be some big,money being exchanged for being so incompetent. And all this incompetence led us to RRECS. Thanks alot association! Totally worthless! Enjoy your next convention, can't wait to see all the fun pictures.

Last edited:

Itstillfun

Every deadline has been tossed in the trash, starting with the deadline of 2015 for this study to be completed and up and running, I say it's pretty apparent that this system is just too complex for this to work. With driving speeds between boxes, footage up driveways and back, footage to the door and back, small parcel to large parcel, no barcode parcel, boxes not served each day, time for red lights and stop signs, daily inputs required everyday for about everything we do, scan this scan that, etc etc etc........This needs to be halted for the time being, and they should tweak a few things with the evaluation system until the engineer study can be determined to be 100% accurate and dependable which ain't going to happen. Just the change parcels to door time from 30 seconds to 3 minutes or whatever would solve most of the problem with our system. It just baffles the crap out of me how the association either didn't try or could't prove that 10 seconds on the street to deliver a parcel to the door wasn't sufficient. How hard is that? How many contracts over the last 25 years have we had with no change in 10 seconds. Really tough one to prove. Totally worthless association! In bed with the usps, must be some big,money being exchanged for being so incompetent. And all this incompetence led us to RRECS. Thanks alot association! Totally worthless! Enjoy your next convention, can't wait to see all the fun pictures.
500,000 for sick leave🤸

MiddleOfNowhere

remember many contracts ago, during arbitration , the union argued for more time for mileage, the arbitrator agreed, but said it would bankrupt the po to pay rural carriers what they should have. many years later, nothing has changed...

sorry if this is to far off topic for those that can't keep a train of thought

Skierstmoritz

remember many contracts ago, during arbitration , the union argued for more time for mileage, the arbitrator agreed, but said it would bankrupt the po to pay rural carriers what they should have. many years later, nothing has changed...

sorry if this is to far off topic for those that can't keep a train of thought
What do you mean "bankrupt The po " ? It's a government agency for chrissakes! They don't go " bankrupt ".

btdtret

M-O-N et al -- From Arbitrator Clarke's 03 JULY 2012 award:

-- "The cost involved in the Mileage standard adjustment sought ( over one billion dollars ) is do great that this Board of Arbitration could not grant it without doing serious harm to the USPS and eventually to Rural Letter Carriers."

-- Of course by referencing "Board of Arbitration" that spreads the wealth / blame around for all 3 members.

-- Googling "Arbitrator Clarke's 03 JULY 2012 award." should get you in the ball park.

-- Hope by having the "extra" billion on hand eased the affects of the USPS's $2.3 billion loss in the last quarter!!

btdtret

All -- Per the thread title, anyone begin the "simplified mapping" process today, the 30th of August?

-- Add it to the growing list of missed dead lines?

psd181

We had mediator/ arbitrator Wells ride with a carrier to observe time for parcels to the door............ about 1/2 way through the route he said he had seen enough................ then gave us the worst contract ever in the history of rural carriers!!!!! Surely the dufus saw that it was taking the carrier longer than 10 secondn

gotstamps

We had mediator/ arbitrator Wells ride with a carrier to observe time for parcels to the door............ about 1/2 way through the route he said he had seen enough................ then gave us the worst contract ever in the history of rural carriers!!!!! Surely the dufus saw that it was taking the carrier longer than 10 secondn
Maybe he rode with a “runner”. 🤨

Haychica

Meanwhile..the nalc is suing over case consolidations and apwu is in arbitration...NRLCA is the USPS' b!€ch...👿😤 spineless ...totally worthless...wouldn't fight for us at all...just disgusting...I'm glad I'm short on time...

R5

Think there has been 4 more contracts since 2002 and no change in the 10 seconds. But we have seen deductions in flats, dps, parcel pickups. Absolutely no excuse for no change. It's a easy case to make, but they failed one way or another. 30 trips to the door for a lousy 5 minute street time. Actual time is around 100 minutes. Plus for all of you using your own vehicles and burning your gas and wear and tear delivering these parcels, I feel for you. Double whammy. No excuse association.

Wilco183

The wording is as follows "The cost involved in the Mileage standard adjustment sought (over one billion dollars) is so great that this Board of Arbitration could not grant it without doing serious harm to the USPS and eventually to Rural Letter Carriers."
More like, "...could not grant it without doing serious harm to the USPS by negating the windfall savings it will enjoy when I rule for a new Table 2 payscale."