• Everyone, please help make our jobs easier and choose the correct category. Thank you

Start time change.

psdavey1

Has anyone heard that they are going to force us not to start work until 8 am? This is a problem since you won't be able to make it back for the truck in time.
Why are we not able to start the time of 7:30 like we have for years.

Has anyone heard that they are going to force us not to start work until 8 am? This is a problem since you won't be able to make it back for the truck in time.
Why are we not able to start the time of 7:30 like we have for years.
That’s an office issue, not a National mandate. A lot of carriers think 30 minutes makes all the difference but it doesn’t. At any rate, grieve it if you feel it’s unjustified.

That’s an office issue, not a National mandate. A lot of carriers think 30 minutes makes all the difference but it doesn’t. At any rate, grieve it if you feel it’s unjustified.
Yes it is an office issue.

But, 30 minutes can make all the difference when that 30 minute move in start time sets the return time at or after sunset from November through January.

@psdavey1 - what is your dispatch and eval?

take your report time + eval + 30 minute lunch (even if you don't take one, it is still included in equation)

now, does that put you past dispatch?

if so, take your full 30 and miss dispatch for a week.

do NOT rush.

dollar to a donut, your start time will be moved back to original time.

if not, then it's on management to come find you and collect your outgoing. do not reward their incompetence.

take your report time + eval + 30 minute lunch (even if you don't take one, it is still included in equation)

do NOT rush.

if not, then it's on management to come find you and collect your outgoing. do not reward their incompetence.

They have us bring it in and head back out to finish :/

do NOT rush.

It would put us past the time for the evening mail truck and they do not give us a 30 minute lunch. It has never been included even though we have told them.

It would put us past the time for the evening mail truck and they do not give us a 30 minute lunch. It has never been included even though we have told them.
Then show them, every single rural carrier in office. Miss dispatch every single day, take your 30 min lunch. Pending on route enjoy the scenery and take in nature. Or just stop and grab something to eat if more suburban route. If told to return to drop off out going file for 8127 to do so.

30 minutes for lunch is not something they "give" you - it's something you are entitled to. You can take the entire 30 minutes all at once, or in increments throughout the day up to a total of 30 minutes.

Write your lunch time in the appropriate column on the 4240. If management tries to change that time, they will be falsifying your time sheet and that is a fireable offense.

I cant believe you still have a dispatch time, just amazing to me. Heck help show them the error of their ways fight for 9 or 10 start time, you can get some needed sleep, stuff done at home etc. Go to work get extra money for running mail all over before truck leaves etc sounds great to me. Management will have very long extended hours more money for them too. Shouldn't be long lived so enjoy it while it lasts!

It doesn't make ALL the difference, but it does make some of the difference to the customer...I sure wish carriers would look past the end of their noses and realize we work for our customers...
Jmo

The real customer is the one that paid the postage not the one standing at the mailbox asking why I am late. I make dispatch about once a month on average and no one around seems to care. My return time is 2 hours after dispatch. The other carriers are runners and almost always make dispatch..

If management asks/mandates( slight threat to not approve any future leave for anyone) regular to do a part of another route , should carrier be harassed about coming in early to "help" the office?

Back