Starting to buy into the sabotage theory

D

Deleted member

A lot of the money goes right into those 1991 LLVs. :) Man I know our local garage guy makes a killing off us.
Ha! If I were a crooked USPS manager I could make a killing from local contract kick backs. I don't think USPS employs any managers that think like me though o_O

csparks

Truck schedules are the same in our District as they were prior to DeJoy. Actually, everything is the same as before DeJoy,

Every single initiative DeJoy attempted to enact has been frozen or rolled back. The Post Office management, the courts, and external pressure has told him NO CHANGES, STATUS QUO.

I believe workers (carriers, clerks etc.) will win if he's able to make some changes. Major trouble is ALL management and the unions (all of them) are full bore AGAINST him because he threatens to expose every bad manager and all the hiding they've done. He wants most of them to lift, sort, carry instead of sit in an office and dream up new ways to screw and punish carriers using corrupt data and acting like little dictators.

DeJoy has tried. I believe the "Trump" label hung on his neck is a diversion and irrelevant.

I don't believe what a man's enemies say about him, my source is what the man says himself. Judge that. At least you're judging more fairly as they're the man's words, not filtered by others.

OR we could take the current managements' and the unions suggestions and beg for $60 billion and keep everything the same, let the money run out in a few years, and then beg again for more money without ever having to commit to a single impactful change. Change means those who don't do shit are at risk for outplacement. Those who work are candidates for raises, time off, recognition.
Thank goodness for some accurate perspective. Dejoy took a one-horse hauler and walked away selling it for $600 million. For me, that means the guy might be smarter than some of the PMGs that have warmed a desk in Washington over the years. One look at the mythical RRECs thing shows you how smart and together our outfit has been.

The operation is going down the drain, and something will have to be done. So far, due to the incessant whining of the reporters, politicians, and courts, Dejoy hasn't been allowed to do a thing. So, we'll just keep swirling further down, I guess.

I'm sure there are those that would rather hit the sewer than go thru a fix, though. Yeah, there will be lots of complaining while keeping paychecks.

Last edited:

Gotrope

A lot of the money goes right into those 1991 LLVs. :) Man I know our local garage guy makes a killing off us.
Ooohh, I'm so jealous. I drive a styling '87. Which had a fire at some point and then they threw a '90 body on it. Runs 2 different rims on it. I call her Esmeralda. She's very moody. She can be a little witch at times. But, its magical when she gets you back to the office.
My rca sweet talks her, too. Clearly she runs better on praise.

Old Fart

Look, I don't care what people say but they<same shit different year>democrats and fake republicans would not have so viciously attacked if DeJoy wasn't over the target with his reforms. I have a HUGE suspicion that $billions are being laundered through the USPS. WHERE THE HELL IS ALL THE REVENUE GOING???

RCA's like me are driving trucks built in 1991 and you want me to be against DeJoy? Where the f**k is top management funneling all the money? Where is all the money going?? Where?
Several reports, as well as DeJoy, have accounted for a huge chunk of the revenue losses. First place, overtime. Second place, work slowdowns and purposeful actions that make jobs take more time and personnel, third place, bloated management which contributes nothing but negatives, fourth place, inefficient distribution systems and processes. And that's just a start. There's enough waste and abuse just as there is in most federal agencies of this size. It's systemically inbred.

Trouble is, the unions and management LIKE it as is, they employ lots more people than an efficient operation would employ, and any changes even hinted at by DeJoy are met with wails, exaggerations of demise, screaming to Congress to throw heaps of cash on the PO without a single change for the better. Management hates DeJoy because many will be put back to carrying and sorting, and others will be just excessed. The remaining ones will have to work efficiently or be candidates for replacement.

Carriers should give him a shot. He's claimed repeatedly (his own words, check them out for yourself) that he values carriers and we need more to help the overburdened. Carriers provide a service, management provides nothing.

Old Fart

Several reports, as well as DeJoy, have accounted for a huge chunk of the revenue losses. First place, overtime. Second place, work slowdowns and purposeful actions that make jobs take more time and personnel, third place, bloated management which contributes nothing but negatives, fourth place, inefficient distribution systems and processes. And that's just a start. There's enough waste and abuse just as there is in most federal agencies of this size. It's systemically inbred.

Trouble is, the unions and management LIKE it as is, they employ lots more people than an efficient operation would employ, and any changes even hinted at by DeJoy are met with wails, exaggerations of demise, screaming to Congress to throw heaps of cash on the PO without a single change for the better. Management hates DeJoy because many will be put back to carrying and sorting, and others will be just excessed. The remaining ones will have to work efficiently or be candidates for replacement.

Carriers should give him a shot. He's claimed repeatedly (his own words, check them out for yourself) that he values carriers and we need more to help the overburdened. Carriers provide a service, management provides nothing.
I've faced some of these challenges while leading businesses in the private sector, but never had the systemic resistance to change nor the outright refusal of employees to want to do a good job for their future security. Those of us who are great dedicated workers (probably all of us on here, or we wouldn't waste our time writing and responding!) are frustrated with the lack of caring or hard work necessary to make us successful. We are all willing, but every time we try we are snuffed by lazy or incompetent management. Maybe DeJoy can find a way to solve some of this. I believe the carriers should at least, at this point, hang with him.

gerl2

I've faced some of these challenges while leading businesses in the private sector, but never had the systemic resistance to change nor the outright refusal of employees to want to do a good job for their future security. Those of us who are great dedicated workers (probably all of us on here, or we wouldn't waste our time writing and responding!) are frustrated with the lack of caring or hard work necessary to make us successful. We are all willing, but every time we try we are snuffed by lazy or incompetent management. Maybe DeJoy can find a way to solve some of this. I believe the carriers should at least, at this point, hang with him.
I am with you we have nothing to lose, been working here for too long to see the changes these newbies coming in don't have a clue what service means.

Voglio-il mio

I think the problem here is that in the private sector you were dealing with an individual when trying to correct performance behavior, but with the USPS you're dealing with a substandard employee that is being represented (protected) by a Union. Many of the less desirable employees exploit this to protect their existence as an employee.

Skierstmoritz

I think the problem here is that in the private sector you were dealing with an individual when trying to correct performance behavior, but with the USPS you're dealing with a substandard employee that is being represented (protected) by a Union. Many of the less desirable employees exploit this to protect their existence as an employee.
By substandard employee, I hope you are referring to management, and those who believe that the least effort you can get away with is the best path. Imho, most employees of the po that I have known are hard working dedicated folks who take pride in their work. Granted, most contacts i haxe had are rural carriers, city carriers, clerks and management.

Old Fart

By substandard employee, I hope you are referring to management, and those who believe that the least effort you can get away with is the best path. Imho, most employees of the po that I have known are hard working dedicated folks who take pride in their work. Granted, most contacts i haxe had are rural carriers, city carriers, clerks and management.
Management's poor performance behavior can't be corrected because THEIR bosses have the same poor performance behavior issues. There are a few bad apple carriers, as in any group, but my view as far as management goes, is that there are a few good ones and the rest are crapheads. The good ones apologize for their actions but remind us all they come from above, and if they disobey they're out. Carriers and other craft workers are resistant to change because they don't trust management. Senior management philosophy breeds massive mistrust, and the PO forces that philosophy downward through every manager in the offices. This attitude is horribly dis-incentivizing to those coming to work every day.

Voglio-il mio

Fortunately the Rural Craft, mostly due to the compensation system (evaluation) breeds fewer substandard employees. By this I mean being efficient, hard working and fast performance of daily duties are rewarded with the evaluation system!
As far as all the other crafts, yes you can include management and supervisors in this group, find ways to game the system to do less work for more pay.

Voglio-il mio

Quality of performance tend to rub off on all members on a team in a small, all rural Post Office! Even PM will excel mostly due to the culture that the Rural Craft instills into the work ethics of the building. That along with not having any of the other type of employee that is gaming the system. When you don't have to witness others taking advantage of the system it's easier to maintain a higher level of performance.

Old Fart

Quality of performance tend to rub off on all members on a team in a small, all rural Post Office! Even PM will excel mostly due to the culture that the Rural Craft instills into the work ethics of the building. That along with not having any of the other type of employee that is gaming the system. When you don't have to witness others taking advantage of the system it's easier to maintain a higher level of performance.
We are most fortunate at this time as our offices, with rural and city, have that environment as we have a PM who bucks the system every minute, and values carriers, helps us as needed, is logical. He's a team builder and we are rarely on the "lists" and he has almost no incidents to get hammered for on telecons because his carriers work to keep us clear. If someone tries to game the system, peer pressure eliminates that quickly. It makes coming to work ok, instead of dreaded. Fewer sick calls. Few grievances, because everything is solved in office before filing needed. PM knows both contracts well, which helps.

And -- the fear is we'll lose this guy and get some maniac who hammers everyone just for the sake of his enjoyment.