Starting to buy into the sabotage theory

hockey94

I am not sure if it's completely the people(yes if they can get overtime and play games they will) that are working at the plant as much as the plant managers, we experienced all of a sudden late trucks AGAIN only to find out that the plant manager was moved to another to try to resolve their issues, she is back and all of a sudden our mail is back on track(hopefully) DeJoy when he said that he is watching this can actually fix this. Do you ever see the unqualified idiots they put in charge of even small stations, imagine a plant?

We have one of those idiots running our po !

drakeME

If you deviate to finish parcels so they don't fail, you're basically helping district and your bosses earn $$$ for NOT giving you guys enough help.

And you're basically telling them you don't need more RCAs. You all have it covered.
There were two paper thin scans in my flats that got missed, so there, I stuck it to the man. :p

Seriously though, no one is confused with the idea that we aren't getting killed. We haven't had a PM for over a year and the supervisor has been basically alone working 16 hour days, trying to keep this clown show going. He's as fed up as us.

Jiminy Christmas

There were two paper thin scans in my flats that got missed, so there, I stuck it to the man. :p

Seriously though, no one is confused with the idea that we aren't getting killed. We haven't had a PM for over a year and the supervisor has been basically alone working 16 hour days, trying to keep this clown show going. He's as fed up as us.
I wouldn't be surprised if district and management get a "performance" bonus that's tied directly to the amazon fail rate.
If everyone at your office delivered the parcels without deviating or "stopping the clock" on the scan before delivery, then your fail rate would've been 15-20%. But since you guys are covering for management it was <1%.

Now your bosses are being rewarded and getting your office more help is NOT a priority.

Haychica

The mail counts are a joke. The days when a rural carrier could finish early seem to be gone. If they are going to continue to work me like a dog, I would prefer to be paid hourly.
Just sayin! :cry:
Yay...welcome!....smh...no one can tell me how to beat eval anymore..even b4 covid....been working 12 hr days for 6 mos...2240 problem so bad, district paid me to sit home Oct 8th??
So many grievances filed...and now I'm pondering filing for a review...
We have management allowing a particular sub to leave parcels that are "too big" or today they let him stay home for a mental health day...he had a week off last week....meanwhile the other subs are collapsing and today I left parcels sit just so I could finish the route by 9...I started at 7...its inhumane

csparks

Yay...welcome!....smh...no one can tell me how to beat eval anymore..even b4 covid....been working 12 hr days for 6 mos...2240 problem so bad, district paid me to sit home Oct 8th??
So many grievances filed...and now I'm pondering filing for a review...
We have management allowing a particular sub to leave parcels that are "too big" or today they let him stay home for a mental health day...he had a week off last week....meanwhile the other subs are collapsing and today I left parcels sit just so I could finish the route by 9...I started at 7...its inhumane
I'd been to the same house with about 4 big boxes a day the last couple days in my POV. One day on a 3rd trip. A near mansion with cars everywhere, can't get near a porch. Yesterday it was drizzling and they had another monster box. Let it behind, gave them a notice. "Weather, size".
I think this should be the norm, except our office is too small to do this every day.

I also use the "inhumane" term alot. Point out that if prison inmates were worked like this, there'd be lawsuits, investigations, and people going to jail.

D

Deleted member

If you deviate to finish parcels so they don't fail, you're basically helping district and your bosses earn $$$ for NOT giving you guys enough help.

And you're basically telling them you don't need more RCAs. You all have it covered.
That is what I started understanding. My priority should be finishing letter mail just in time for the last truck. All those parcels that are undelivered because I went into all mail mode can be brought back, scanned, and marked accordingly. Not my problem I had too many to make the truck before I got all that first class mail delivered.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be surprised if district and management get a "performance" bonus that's tied directly to the amazon fail rate.
If everyone at your office delivered the parcels without deviating or "stopping the clock" on the scan before delivery, then your fail rate would've been 15-20%. But since you guys are covering for management it was <1%.

Now your bosses are being rewarded and getting your office more help is NOT a priority.
Seriously speaking here. Except for rare occasions, most of us are running routes we know well. We know them well enough, within a few minutes, to make a decision to just finish the route delivering letters and flats while retrieving outgoing to make the truck just in time. That really is our core job. Deliver and collect mail, get the collections on the last truck.

There is no scan for curtailing mail but there are several for not delivering parcels or SPRS and they are used/approved ALL THE TIME. Think about it. It is not a failure if they get a scan before 8 and are not delivered. It is only a failure if they don't get a scan before 8.

charlie

Scans fail past 8pm, so around 715 I finished the road I was on for a clean break point, then ran out the rest of my scans. Finished the last scan at 757. Could've backtracked and finished the mail, but I was like nah. Went back and cased for tomorrow. One carrier in our office did go back for the mail after clearing scans. She got back at 10pm. 15 hour+ day...for what? So we can deliver a bunch of spam?
scan truthfully... if after 8 let management tell you in writing to falsify records... then pm can tell poom to tell dm he can pound sand until they send help... clear out all the bodies in district and give them assignments to deliver packages in post offices... we are a team... right?

Old Fart

The problem is the post office is reactive. They didn't plan for the massive amount of political literature. They planned for ballots. That was easy. But they apparently had no idea the volume of flyers and literature from tons of local and regional candidates. One office on telecon today had TWENTY FIVE WIRES of material arrive, they had 40 carriers out past MIDNIGHT. It's not Amazon that's killing it today its all the political ads. In fairness, in previous years we didn't have this level of volume. But nobody anywhere told anyone at the offices to expect this stuff, and there are few resources to handle it if they did know. So overtime is being overlooked because political is the focal point hot button at the post office. The good news? Two more weeks then most of it goes away.

Think hard about quitting over this. It's short term. Deliver what you can, don't stress over speed, just do your job and what time it takes or what doesn't get done is management's problem. You're doing your best and that's good enough. If management gets angry, just smile and say you're doing your best. Management should be the one stressing, not us.

Gotrope

Received a call from district today. 9 rcas quit/resigned this week. Mostly political mailings had them rethinking this job. Most had been on the job close to a year, way past probation. 2 couldn't get mgmt to pay them in 3 pay periods since hire. Zero payment= zero rca retention. One is owed 263 hours since being hired. This company is a disgrace.

Deer smearer

Received a call from district today. 9 rcas quit/resigned this week. Mostly political mailings had them rethinking this job. Most had been on the job close to a year, way past probation. 2 couldn't get mgmt to pay them in 3 pay periods since hire. Zero payment= zero rca retention. One is owed 263 hours since being hired. This company is a disgrace.

How can an employee be missing 263 hours?

With this knowledge the onion should have had them their emergency advances before you finished typing this post.