Starting to buy into the sabotage theory

Gotrope

it was a new hire in a smaller office. They have no steward at office and I guess no one gave them contact info at training. They finally called the district hiring mgr and asked for help. Seriously, how crappy of a postmaster do you need to be to not only not do a pay advance but refuse to give one after 6 weeks? Employee quit today and is going to labor board. Hoping with district labor pushing it will be resolved very soon.

Deer smearer

it was a new hire in a smaller office. They have no steward at office and I guess no one gave them contact info at training. They finally called the district hiring mgr and asked for help. Seriously, how crappy of a postmaster do you need to be to not only not do a pay advance but refuse to give one after 6 weeks? Employee quit today and is going to labor board. Hoping with district labor pushing it will be resolved very soon.

Not a personal attack on you.

But if you now know, other union officials knew. These employees should have had a postal money orders in their hands in less than an hour after ANYONE from the ASSociation knew that they hadn’t been paid.

These pissmasters should be instantly terminated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We experienced all of a sudden late trucks AGAIN only to find out that the plant manager was moved to another to try to resolve their issues, she is back and all of a sudden our mail is back on track(hopefully) DeJoy when he said that he is watching this can actually fix this. Do you ever see the unqualified idiots they put in charge of even small stations, imagine a plant?
Well I have one for you. I know of an area that small station PM's are being tasked with getting the big station in the area straightened out. Upside down world.

Voglio-il mio

One for the case, one for ubbm, oops, one for the case, one for the ubbm, oops :p
We have been having 12" to 18" of political flats, 8 1/2" x 11" or the larger ones every day for the last two weeks - this is getting very old!

On top of all that many have already voted and those that haven't don't look at them. When, or if they take them out of the mailbox they go directly into the trash can. Meanwhile they pay pennies per piece for us to treat them like first class mail. If they want the service they should be paying for it!

Last edited:

neciat

Starting to buy into the sabotage theory ?​

Oh, where do we even begin with this topic heading ? Okay, "starting" . Anyone that's been around a decade or more knows that "this" is not just starting. Every office , every day , is nothing but a trainwreck. From the one route office in podunk USA all the way through and to the 50 or more route office in an urban area. "Buy", well we have long been "buying" or otherwise paying for the carnage with stolen days off ; K routes to J and H routes, stolen wages, longer days / weeks, more physical and mental fatigue as well as stress, etc. "Sabotage" , absolutely. It's very easy to see that it is intentional. No one, and mean no one could be this pathetic at a job ( plants ) . They gotta be trying to manufacture or otherwise create the trainwreck that each and everyone of of experiences daily. " Theory", I know not !! It's a matter of fact !!!

D

Deleted member

Starting to buy into the sabotage theory ?​

Oh, where do we even begin with this topic heading ? Okay, "starting" . Anyone that's been around a decade or more knows that "this" is not just starting. Every office , every day , is nothing but a trainwreck. From the one route office in podunk USA all the way through and to the 50 or more route office in an urban area. "Buy", well we have long been "buying" or otherwise paying for the carnage with stolen days off ; K routes to J and H routes, stolen wages, longer days / weeks, more physical and mental fatigue as well as stress, etc. "Sabotage" , absolutely. It's very easy to see that it is intentional. No one, and mean no one could be this pathetic at a job ( plants ) . They gotta be trying to manufacture or otherwise create the trainwreck that each and everyone of of experiences daily. " Theory", I know not !! It's a matter of fact !!!

Fair enough, can't argue with someone who has seen the pattern for a decade. Now we are living in a timeline that they are extremely motivated to make our lives miserable. I agree, noone can be that shitty at doing their job unless it is intentional. That is the number one reason I hate hearing excuses made for them by station management. If it isn't one excuse, it is another.

There must be a coordinated effort to black ball the Rural Carrier somewhere. Some kind of propaganda machine working against our craft. I do remember seeing a thread on that shithole "Federal Soup" where they were really running down the Rurals. They were saying over and over again that we work 4-6 hours and get paid 8-10 or something very similar.

What would the motivation be to force out Regular Rurals who are not burning the OT clock in to oblivion? There has to be a reason. Something doesn't pass the smell test.

DB.Cooper

I've heard POOMs making excuses for the messes the plants ship out for us to deal with.... then in the next breath berating carriers for nitnoid $#!+ like backing up reports, or an occasional missed scan, etc.... we're the red-headed step children of the USPS, no doubt in my mind, based upon what I've seen working for this outfit over the past couple of decades.... js.... it's a $#!+ show.... :poop::oops:?:whistle:??‍♂️

Bleostic

The problem is the post office is reactive. They didn't plan for the massive amount of political literature. They planned for ballots. That was easy. But they apparently had no idea the volume of flyers and literature from tons of local and regional candidates. One office on telecon today had TWENTY FIVE WIRES of material arrive, they had 40 carriers out past MIDNIGHT. It's not Amazon that's killing it today its all the political ads. In fairness, in previous years we didn't have this level of volume. But nobody anywhere told anyone at the offices to expect this stuff, and there are few resources to handle it if they did know. So overtime is being overlooked because political is the focal point hot button at the post office. The good news? Two more weeks then most of it goes away.

Think hard about quitting over this. It's short term. Deliver what you can, don't stress over speed, just do your job and what time it takes or what doesn't get done is management's problem. You're doing your best and that's good enough. If management gets angry, just smile and say you're doing your best. Management should be the one stressing, not us.
Just curtail the political junk until after the election, that'll teach them.

Old Fart

Just got home. Started early too. 14.5 hours. Spent the last hour casing the aforementioned "Voter Information Center" white card spam. All OT. The money savings are just rolling in now. Thank goodness we've got business people running the show now. LOL
Awww... no business people running anything at the post office. Louie got his hand slapped (among other parts) and was forced to rescind every change he'd attempted due to election pressure. Listening in on telecons it's clear business as usual. Overtime? Who cares, just get the carriers in before midnight.

drakeME

So what IS he doing exactly? Sure as hell isn't paying attention to the sub crisis and finding ways to get people in the door quicker. 5 or 6 weeks is still the norm. We have people who want to work but can't because of all the inane hoops.

I'm not putting it all on him, but seriously... since having his "hand slapped", there are many other pressing non-political matters that are sending this place into the dumpster - what's he working on?

Gotrope

So what IS he doing exactly? Sure as hell isn't paying attention to the sub crisis and finding ways to get people in the door quicker. 5 or 6 weeks is still the norm. We have people who want to work but can't because of all the inane hoops.

I'm not putting it all on him, but seriously... since having his "hand slapped", there are many other pressing non-political matters that are sending this place into the dumpster - what's he working on?
It was 4- 6 months for hiring 10 years ago. The shortened time frame is only due to less hiring pool I was told. N9 on e is picking us as a n employer of late. Hmm, could be someone squealed on us.

curious

This is what he is working on! He still has stock in company.....

Postal Service awards $5 million contract to Postmaster DeJoy’s former company, XPO​

October 23, 2020

gerl2

his is what he is working on! He still has stock in company.....

Postal Service awards $5 million contract to Postmaster DeJoy’s former company, XPO​

October 23, 2020
This is a transport company that we had a contract with them in 2019 before Dejoy, no one knows if he still has stock with the company either, you do realize he was chosen because of his experience in transportation which we really really need right now. Our future is with packages and they need to figure out how to transport these in a cost-effective way. Not having some 2k contract driver coming out and handing us one package BS.

hockey94

No DPS today. 6 full trays of raw.

I thought the union was checking this site. Thanks for all of your help.

We were told yesterday that we would not be getting DPS until after the election !!! Person in charge said we need to step up our "game" one of my responses was, how about the plant stepping up its "game". Mgt said the plant needs to catch up on the political mail, other excuses were covid, machines being taken out, bs, blah, bs.

I usually bring about 1/2 of my DPS with me. I cant stand being a DPS zombie, plus I want to get out of the office ASAP !